Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Aug 8, 2018 at 10:11 AM Post #5,554 of 7,352
@florence Without being able to EQ, yes, the sound on the iSine 20s is very “off” to me. That said, with even a 10 band EQ and @Br777 recommendations, it sounds solid. I also asked KMann, and he said the improved DAC on say, my Sony NW-ZX300 would be an improvement over the Cipher, and to just tweak EQ a bit.

I find the Cipher adds a nice depth and some meat to the music, but having spent way too much time listening to the same tracks with my AKG7xx and Schitt stack; iPhone X, Cipher, and iSine 20; Denon AVR and speakers; and my Essential PH-1, USB C dongle, and old Shures; that with a good EQ the iSines sound closer to what I hear our of the headphones and speakers with the Walkman and EQ settings.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2018 at 3:26 PM Post #5,555 of 7,352
I received my new headphone from Null Audio (Vitesse Copper). OMG, this cable bring the ISine20 to the next level! The bass no have more power and the High is sharper. No artificial EQ required! However, I think a typical ebay upgrade will cost a lot less and will perform about the same.

Aug 9, 2018 at 12:09 PM Post #5,561 of 7,352
I find that the V2 is a bit too warm(dry?) for my taste, I prefer the upper end response of the V1. I think I got used to it using the Roon presets that Kmann put on here before the V2 / reveal plugin were released.

Aug 9, 2018 at 12:17 PM Post #5,563 of 7,352
The Roon presets make the isines sound like you are using the V1 cipher, the reveal plugin is more like the V2. I use my 20s daily with the Roon presets in Foobar while I'm working at my desk.

Aug 9, 2018 at 1:20 PM Post #5,565 of 7,352
with the V2 on the hq app you can add 4db to 4khz and that will get you close to the V1 sound, I asked Kmann that same question and that was what he told me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back