Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Jul 11, 2018 at 3:38 PM Post #5,461 of 7,352
Amen to that, I use my 20s on a schiit stack while I am working, but as soon as I'm done I move over to my Rag. Don't melt the tips on the amp tho! :)

Jul 11, 2018 at 3:44 PM Post #5,462 of 7,352
:rage: Well here comes a rant...

it looks like my year and a half love hate relationship with these headphones may have just come to an end.
After having seemingly endless problems and sending them back at least 4 times that i can remember, Audeze ended up completely replacing my 20's back in January of this year.

So as of January of this year, I had new headphones
. One of my biggest complaints about the isines is that they fall out too easily. The smallest snag on the cord, and they go flying out of your ears. Well this time one really flew, out of my ear, pulled out of the cable, and onto my floor, and broke and now it's dead. I don't know if Audeze is going to replace them again and I can't afford to pay to fix them. :rage:

These headphones are too damn fragile. The clips break if you breathe on them wrong, and I get it, don't drop your $700 headphones, but :poop: happens.

Maybe I'll get lucky and Audeze will replace them, but now I'm out headphones again, which in my case is my only way to listen to music, watch tv.. anything with sound, and now I have to send them back AGAIN. :triumph:
I feel like a broken record here. I've never had issues like this with headphones, and certainly not in this price range.
If I didn't love these so much in other ways, I never would have kept them.

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2018 at 3:50 PM Post #5,463 of 7,352
Ha, i keep them resting on the foam holder that came with them in between. I only did that to take the pic. The Rag does get pretty warm. lol

Jul 11, 2018 at 4:40 PM Post #5,464 of 7,352

it looks like my year and a half love hate relationship with these headphones may have just come to an end.
After having seemingly endless problems and sending them back at least 4 times that i can remember, Audeze ended up completely replacing my 20's back in January of this year.

. One of my biggest complaints about the isines is that they fall out too easily. The smallest snag on the cord, and they go flying out of your ears. Well this time one really flew, out of my ear, pulled out of the cable, and onto my floor, and now it's dead. I don't know if Audeze is going to replace them again and I can't afford to pay to fix them. :rage:

These headphones are too damn fragile. The clips break if you breathe on them wrong, and I get it, don't drop your $700 headphones, but :poop: happens.

Maybe I'll get lucky and Audeze will replace them, but now I'm out headphones again, which in my case is my only way to listen to music, watch tv.. anything with sound, and have to send them back AGAIN.
I feel like a broken record here. I've never had such problematic headphones, and certainly not in this price range.
If I didn't love these so much, I never would have kept them.
Bob if you get them back email Frank as his clips and the recomended hooks are a perfect solution IMO.

Jul 11, 2018 at 6:23 PM Post #5,465 of 7,352

Other complaints aside Audeze really does do customer service well, and while I won't get a free replacement, which I wasn't really expecting, they have offered me reasonable replacement terms.
It's never nice to be unexpectedly out of pocket, and my complaints about these headphones have not gone away, but relative to that this hasn't been the total catastrophe I expected it would be, so that's something :unamused:
Time to figure out how to keep these things on my ears. Looks like I'll be shelling out more $ for earhook upgrades.
These headphones sure are a money pit, I will give them that.

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2018 at 6:34 PM Post #5,466 of 7,352
Other complaints aside Audeze really does do customer service well, and while I won't get a free replacement, which I wasn't really expecting, they have offered me reasonable replacement terms.
It's never nice to be unexpectedly out of pocket, and my complaints about these headphones have not gone away, but relative to that this hasn't been the total catastrophe I expected it would be, so that's something :unamused:
Time to figure out how to keep these things on my ears. Looks like I'll be shelling out more $ for earhook upgrades.
These headphones sure are a money pit, I will give them that.
Glad they are taking care of you. They're a great company to deal with and they stand behind their products.

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2018 at 10:05 PM Post #5,468 of 7,352
I have had the isine 10's since they came out and never had a issue with the ear clips - I dropped them several times - what are you guys doing to them to break them so easy ?
Long cable. I was housecleaning, bent down at the knee. As I quickly stood up, the cable got caught under my knee, and violently pulled the iSine off my ears. The tension snapped the left earhook. Only time I had an issue with isine earhook. I've simply found a way to shorten the cable while cleaning so it doesn't get caught on anything

Jul 12, 2018 at 5:08 AM Post #5,469 of 7,352
Long cable. I was housecleaning, bent down at the knee. As I quickly stood up, the cable got caught under my knee, and violently pulled the iSine off my ears. The tension snapped the left earhook. Only time I had an issue with isine earhook. I've simply found a way to shorten the cable while cleaning so it doesn't get caught on anything

I always feed the cable inside my shirt through the neck and then down to my phone to prevent catching it. I did catch it once before I decided to do that but luckily no damage done.

Jul 14, 2018 at 6:32 AM Post #5,470 of 7,352
Hi guys, wanna ask whether Audeze sells the standard 3.5 cable for the iSine or not.
My stock cable has had problem since the 1st day I received my iSine 10 and the seller was kind enough to refund some money for the cable only.
I've tried buying the Penon cable linked here but the 2 pin connectors don't sit in properly, also the cable sucks.

Jul 14, 2018 at 8:14 PM Post #5,472 of 7,352
Sorry you’re having problems with your iSines.
I bought one from couple of months after launch and haven’t had any issues with it. The tips seal well and it is tight enough so that I done have to worry about it falling off. The ear hooks of mine should be the brittle ones which was sent originally and still hold up. They sit slightly below the edge of the upper ear (pinna)and I can nearly feel them.
The ear tips are the main thing that’s holding it in position.
Ha, i keep them resting on the foam holder that came with them in between. I only did that to take the pic. The Rag does get pretty warm. lol

Jul 14, 2018 at 9:01 PM Post #5,473 of 7,352
Ordered some clips from Frank88 and some hooks from ebay, can't wait to get them as this is the only thing about the 20s that I dislike.

Jul 14, 2018 at 9:25 PM Post #5,474 of 7,352
Ordered some clips from Frank88 and some hooks from ebay, can't wait to get them as this is the only thing about the 20s that I dislike.

Me too! Anything that holds them more firmly in my ears would be a much needed improvement. I hope this is something Audeze is working on, though I'm kind of amazed they produced them like that in first place.

And that's coming from me, the person with the most normal, stereotypically average ear shape. In every way these headphones fit me perfectly, it's the design that is flawed.

Jul 16, 2018 at 12:29 AM Post #5,475 of 7,352

. One of my biggest complaints about the isines is that they fall out too easily. The smallest snag on the cord, and they go flying out of your ears. Well this time one really flew, out of my ear, pulled out of the cable, and onto my floor, and broke and now it's dead. I don't know if Audeze is going to replace them again and I can't afford to pay to fix them. :rage:

Maybe I'll get lucky and Audeze will replace them, but now I'm out headphones again, which in my case is my only way to listen to music, watch tv.. anything with sound, and now I have to send them back AGAIN. :triumph:
I feel like a broken record here. I've never had issues like this with headphones, and certainly not in this price range.
If I didn't love these so much in other ways, I never would have kept them.
yep. paintwork chipped once dropped on the floor. without the ear hooks, it's extremely hard for it to stay in ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back