Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Jun 29, 2018 at 2:47 PM Post #5,431 of 7,352
I don't know how you all deal with such elaborate rigs. This little guy has powered my last two pairs of TOTL IEM's with ease, and has the best EQ i've ever seen via rockbox. Not to mention it sounds Exactly like my home rig. Granted they don't make this player anymore :wink:

I still have the original Sansa clip. It is a great little device and I can barely believe it still works. But I would use it over my V20 with Viper4Android or my new DAP (DX150) for driving my higher quality IEMs much less any TOTL ones.

I'm sure Rockbox helps, but I still would prefer my other option for my iSine 10. Plus I like having Spotify as an option, so something Android based is my preference.

As long as you happy with what you got that's all that matters.

Jul 7, 2018 at 5:27 AM Post #5,432 of 7,352
Hi all, I've had another go at making some more comfortable earclips for these and thought I'd share.

I started by buying some 3mm galvanised wire, but found it SO stiff I could barely move it with pliers. So I bought 2mm...still to stiff.
Eventually ended up using up 1.5mm copper earth cable for about £3 a 5m roll
APC_0670.jpg
There are a mixture of images here, some with the original 2mm wire and others with the final copper.

I glued the wire to the straight part of my existing transparent earclips and found that Gorilla Glue (Superglue) was a bit pants, as it broke too easily so re-glued with Araldite 2-part adhesive which I've always found to be excellent.
IMG_4190.jpg
I bent the wire to approximately the right shape first but actually the glue is so strong and the copper is quite bendy that you could do it afterwards if necessary.

Not to put too much strain on the plastic, I cut the excess off the clip with a hot knife.
IMG_4221.jpg

IMG_4227.jpg

Finally covered them in the tubing I had from Amazon, linked in previous posts - http://amzn.eu/huV1wC0
IMG_4222.jpg

With the extra bends in the clips I feel these are more secure and comfortable.
Will update after I've had them in for a few hours.
APC_0669.jpg

I'll post in the LCD-i4 forum as well

Attachments

• IMG_4189.jpg
    IMG_4189.jpg
    984.2 KB · Views: 0
Jul 7, 2018 at 6:36 AM Post #5,433 of 7,352
This is certainly another way to do this, but I still prefer Frank88 horse shoe parts, and standard, every day clips, which are widely available. Pull out horse shoe part from new clips, insert Franks horse shoe part, done, takes around 20 seconds per clip, plus sizes are available for M300 as well, very versatile.

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2018 at 6:52 AM Post #5,434 of 7,352
Does that give you the 3D bend? I found the clip was always too close to the outside of my ear so with the wire solution I can shape them exactly. No hot spots.
This is more about the comfort of the clip than the strength.

I did think the 3D ones he printed looked like an excellent idea though.

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2018 at 8:02 AM Post #5,436 of 7,352
Be great though, if @Audeze was taking note (and acting upon) the lengths we're all going to in order to improve the comfort and strengths of their clips. It's a minuscule change needed to improve an otherwise phenomenal product.
Come on Audeze, better clips please.

Jul 7, 2018 at 12:42 PM Post #5,438 of 7,352
I just bought a bunch of hooks in China, and I’m waiting for Frank’s horseshoes to arrive in the mail. Can’t wait, as every time I use my iSINE, I’m afraid of breaking the clip.
How does this process work. Purchasing horshoes from Frank, and hooks elsewhere? What kind of hooks, etc?

Jul 7, 2018 at 3:21 PM Post #5,439 of 7,352
How does this process work. Purchasing horshoes from Frank, and hooks elsewhere? What kind of hooks, etc?

These are the hooks I got (can also be found on Amazon, i believe):

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-1-5-10...96:m:mdjkdYJX9FhIJLX-hoUQIJw&var=581551344024

Just attach Franks 3D printed horseshoes. It is a more comfortable solution, the issue I had is that the hooks are a bit too flexible and large to hold the iSIne's in place to give me a consistently good seal. Maybe there are better options for "hooks". If so I'd love someone to post a link, as I just broke my last remaining pair of Audeze ear hooks and down just using these now.

Jul 8, 2018 at 1:16 PM Post #5,442 of 7,352
Jul 8, 2018 at 2:49 PM Post #5,443 of 7,352
You or anyone know is the iSine horseshoe 7, 8, 9, 10mm? Or none of them and one has to reuse the iSine ones broken off from the stock clips, or order the clones?

Non of those will work. They are all too small. I guess you could break off and use the stock clips, but the stock ones tend to brake. I've been through about 4 of them. I'd buy some from Frank.

Jul 8, 2018 at 10:56 PM Post #5,445 of 7,352
These are the hooks I got (can also be found on Amazon, i believe):

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-1-5-10Pair-Replacement-Earhook-Ear-Hook-Loop-Earloop-Clip-Bluetooth-Headset/282415928470?hash=item41c14d1496:m:mdjkdYJX9FhIJLX-hoUQIJw&var=581551344024

Just attach Franks 3D printed horseshoes. It is a more comfortable solution, the issue I had is that the hooks are a bit too flexible and large to hold the iSIne's in place to give me a consistently good seal. Maybe there are better options for "hooks". If so I'd love someone to post a link, as I just broke my last remaining pair of Audeze ear hooks and down just using these now.

what's the diameter of audeze hook? 15 mm??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back