Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Jul 9, 2018 at 11:09 AM Post #5,447 of 7,352
092730FC-5CD7-4CAE-BA7A-0B10E6203AE3.jpeg

2 mins trimming with a pair of scissors and a junior hacksaw and they’re made to measure and ‘weightless’

Jul 9, 2018 at 11:26 AM Post #5,448 of 7,352

2 mins trimming with a pair of scissors and a junior hacksaw and they’re made to measure and ‘weightless’
PleaZe provide details of items purchased and from where, as I would like to do the same

Jul 9, 2018 at 11:36 AM Post #5,449 of 7,352
PleaZe provide details of items purchased and from where, as I would like to do the same

I messaged @Frank88 on here. He's awesome and extremely helpful.

I bought two of these (available in packs on 10 from AliExpress if you can wait - for the same cost as two from eBay)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-Replacement-Spare-Earhook-Ear-Hook-Loop-Earloop-Clip-For-Bluetooth-Headset/253335543895?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

You pull out the supplied circular clip and insert the new one from frank. I trimmed off 5mm from the stem of the clip and the associated silicone ear clip (after trying) to get the perfect fit. (You may not need to - depends on your head/ear.)

Hope that helps.

Jul 9, 2018 at 10:33 PM Post #5,451 of 7,352
I messaged @Frank88 on here. He's awesome and extremely helpful.

I bought two of these (available in packs on 10 from AliExpress if you can wait - for the same cost as two from eBay)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-Replacement-Spare-Earhook-Ear-Hook-Loop-Earloop-Clip-For-Bluetooth-Headset/253335543895?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

You pull out the supplied circular clip and insert the new one from frank. I trimmed off 5mm from the stem of the clip and the associated silicone ear clip (after trying) to get the perfect fit. (You may not need to - depends on your head/ear.)

Hope that helps.

can you suggest to the seller what we isine people need please? 15mm is diameter??

Jul 9, 2018 at 11:44 PM Post #5,452 of 7,352
Hi all,

Sorry for being absent from the forum for awhile. We have been busy with other design/fabrication projects, but rest assured we are still making iSine clips for our Head-Fi friends. The latest design is clip only, and is made to fit into ear-hooks found online from amazon or aliexpress. As many of you know, we started experimenting with different 3-D printed designs in collaboration with a few dedicated and passionate head-fi members out of our shared frustration with the manufacturers' clips (both Audeze and Monoprice). The current design, which uses the amazon/aliexpress ear-hooks, is the one we settled on as most practical, durable, comfortable, and versatile for different ear sizes. We tried making custom ear-hooks, but that was way too much effort and didn't turn out any better than this combo. Head-fiers buy their own ear hooks and experiment with a couple varieties.

Some have asked why we just make the clips and not the finished earhook-clip combo. The reason is two-fold: (1) I cannot make injection molded ear hooks in small quantities as inexpensively as those you can simply buy on amazon/aliexpress, (2) I am able to mail the clips internationally in a regular envelope and avoid the higher parcel package shipping costs. So, the most cost-effective solution for the Head-Fi community at these small volumes is to buy the ear hooks from Amazon or Aliexpress, remove and discard their clips, and replace with our clips.

Making replacement parts on 3-D printers is reasonable for those of us here on the forum, but it's not a cost-effective long-term solution to the manufacturers problem. However, now that there are a number of us in the Head-Fi community who are happy with the robustness and fit of our solution, I am going to contact Audeze (and Monoprice) and share our earhook-clip solution with them. Hopefully they will be interested in listening to what we have learned. I will report back if progress is made with the manufacturers.

Lastly, for those of you who have been curious about the 3-D printer in our shop that is being used to make the clips, here is a picture of our modded CR-10S.

Please continue to PM me with questions.

Best regards,

Frank

IMG_1540.JPG

Jul 10, 2018 at 2:35 PM Post #5,455 of 7,352
Anybody know how much headroom adjustment (preamplication) I should be using with the roon isine 20 eq preset?

You adjust this setting based on your highest gain setting in your eq. You use it to make sure nothing goes above 0db which can cause distortion.

For example on my eq below: You can see my highest gain is 7.5db on filter 4, so to be safe I have turned my pre-amp down to -8.5.
If nothing in your eq goes higher than 0db than you would not need to turn it down.
Many eq apps these days automatically compensate and adjust the pre-amp down automatically.

Preamp: -8.5 dB

Filter 1: ON LS Fc 120 Hz Gain 2.5 dB
Filter 2: ON PK Fc 250 Hz Gain -3.5 dB Q 1
Filter 3: ON PK Fc 1000 Hz Gain -8.5 dB Q 1.5
Filter 4: ON PK Fc 4000 Hz Gain 7.5 dB Q .4

Jul 10, 2018 at 2:46 PM Post #5,456 of 7,352
You adjust this setting based on your highest gain setting in your eq. You use it to make sure nothing goes above 0db which can cause distortion.

For example on my eq below: You can see my highest gain is 7.5db on filter 4, so to be safe I have turned my pre-amp down to -8.5.
If nothing in your eq goes higher than 0db than you would not need to turn it down.
Many eq apps these days automatically compensate and adjust the pre-amp down automatically.

Preamp: -8.5 dB

Filter 1: ON LS Fc 120 Hz Gain 2.5 dB
Filter 3: ON PK Fc 1000 Hz Gain -8.5 dB Q 1.5
Filter 4: ON PK Fc 4000 Hz Gain 7.5 dB Q .4

Have you tried the Audeze Reveal on the Isine20's? I recently bit the bullet and bought a pair of LCD2C's for desktop use and used the reveal plugin and it's quite pleasing to the ears. Still need to try the reveal isine20 setting vs your eq settings which are still what I use full time.

Jul 10, 2018 at 11:45 PM Post #5,457 of 7,352
Have you tried the Audeze Reveal on the Isine20's? I recently bit the bullet and bought a pair of LCD2C's for desktop use and used the reveal plugin and it's quite pleasing to the ears. Still need to try the reveal isine20 setting vs your eq settings which are still what I use full time.

I may have. I have spent very little time with anything but the analog cable. It's been a while since i fiddled with all the apps and the cypher(2) cable and what not. For my needs the analogue cable with my eq on my little player is just better and sounds better than anything else I've tried anyways.

Jul 11, 2018 at 12:11 AM Post #5,458 of 7,352
Audeze's reveal plugin is a plugin you install into EQ APO and you use the anologue cable. It adjusts the eq to what Audeze feels is the best settings for each headphone. You even select the exact headphone you have inside the plugin. So far I like it a lot on the lcd2-c.

Jul 11, 2018 at 1:48 AM Post #5,459 of 7,352
Audeze's reveal plugin is a plugin you install into EQ APO and you use the anologue cable. It adjusts the eq to what Audeze feels is the best settings for each headphone. You even select the exact headphone you have inside the plugin. So far I like it a lot on the lcd2-c.

ah yes, i have tried, it, and just now tried it again for a while. Everybody has a different opinion of "perfect" of course, but to me it's way to mid bass heavy and it's muddying the whole mix. These headphones have that as part of their aweful analogue stock sound.
in my eq settings i compensate it for it.

Of course I'm biased but I still think my settings sound better and more accurate than anything else I've tried.

Jul 11, 2018 at 1:54 PM Post #5,460 of 7,352
Isine20 with rag.jpeg
Just trying out the isine20's with the Rag at work before moving it to my home set up. The isine20's love power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back