Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Aug 2, 2017 at 10:34 PM Post #3,241 of 7,352
3.5 mm, yes - Since all the iSine users are under warranty, we haven't started selling cables separately. Cipher, we cannot sell them separately at the moment and can sell them only with our headphones.

Why are they not available for sale separately? Just not enough of them? Supply?

Aug 3, 2017 at 2:46 AM Post #3,243 of 7,352
Yes! My sentiments exactly. Venture Electronics do a mean cable for something like $15, *much* softer and more flexible than stock. It's also a bit brighter and drier imo. I'm personally fine with it but ymmv as always.

(And yes that's the level I listen at, with this beast.)

If this interests anyone, go to www.veclan.com, look for 'basic cable' and select the 0.78mm 2-pin straight connector.

And if anyone knows of other decent, inexpensive cables I'd be interested too.

Hi would you mind sharing the gear code with us? I am interested to order one for my Isine 10.

Aug 4, 2017 at 3:28 AM Post #3,245 of 7,352
Not sure what you mean; I gave details on how to find the item in the post you quoted. I hope it's clear enough. I don't have any additional code.
Thank you for your reply. On the page you recommended there is an input field for entering the code of the product:

upload_2017-8-4_15-27-36.png

Eventually I have ordered one from Aliexpress. Cheers!

Aug 5, 2017 at 2:37 PM Post #3,246 of 7,352
Thank you for your reply. On the page you recommended there is an input field for entering the code of the product:

Eventually I have ordered one from Aliexpress. Cheers!

Ah, sorry about that. I've only just been able to look at their website on desktop & it seems that their basic cable section is now offline for upgrading.
Let us know what you think of the Aliexpress one when you get it!

Aug 5, 2017 at 7:43 PM Post #3,249 of 7,352
I don't quite get it. You are saying I have to give up the superior Sound of a mid-fi DAP/ DAC / Amp combo (Shanling M5 + Aune B1), for the inferior sound of an iPhone, And then Add the Cipher cable to make it sound Good?

My isine 10's sound fantastic Flat and with Kmanns EQ suggestions: Superb.

TWIN

Aug 5, 2017 at 7:50 PM Post #3,250 of 7,352
I don't quite get it. You are saying I have to give up the superior Sound of a mid-fi DAP/ DAC / Amp combo (Shanling M5 + Aune B1), for the inferior sound of an iPhone, And then Add the Cipher cable to make it sound Good?

My isine 10's sound fantastic Flat and with Kmanns EQ suggestions: Superb.

TWIN
I wouldnt think so. I bought an ipod and a cipher cable and it is a great light weight sounding combo. However, my isine20 and Hifiman HM901 with balanced card sounds equally awesome!

Aug 5, 2017 at 9:11 PM Post #3,251 of 7,352
Does that app need to be open for it to work? When ever i have it open in the backround and my ipod screen goes ofc the music stops. Its Tidal downloaded.
No. The App just controls the DSP on the Cipher. When you change the EQ, the parameters are sent to the cipher. Music playback is controlled by the app you are using (Itunes, Tidal, Spotify etc)

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Aug 5, 2017 at 10:45 PM Post #3,252 of 7,352
No. The App just controls the DSP on the Cipher. When you change the EQ, the parameters are sent to the cipher. Music playback is controlled by the app you are using (Itunes, Tidal, Spotify etc)
Great news!
I think all the EQ suggestions should be posted on the first page. Ive spent a few minutes looking for it but it sucks to do it on a phone.

Aug 5, 2017 at 10:49 PM Post #3,253 of 7,352
Just ordered a 20 today, I'm pretty excited! :)

Aug 5, 2017 at 10:52 PM Post #3,254 of 7,352
Great news!
I think all the EQ suggestions should be posted on the first page. Ive spent a few minutes looking for it but it sucks to do it on a phone.

Good idea!

Don't know if the OP is still around to change it.

Also I don't think we need all the eq settings but just the preset that is shown in APP and the Q. so this way people can mimic the same sound sig that Audeze intended for people to hear with the cipher, and adjust from there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back