Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Jun 6, 2017 at 3:15 PM Post #2,596 of 7,348
Do you already own iSine's to compare against?
Regarding sound, that is an outrageous thing to say, but I agree with you :p although I've only had a couple of hours demo'ing with the LCD-2.
I've had a pair for almost two weeks on dem so have done a lot of comparisons now. I'm convinced

Jun 6, 2017 at 11:57 PM Post #2,597 of 7,348
Just got a case I ordered for the iSine from Banggood .com. Apparently I accidentally ordered the wrong color. I wanted black, I got pink instead. Maybe I can spray paint it or something.

Still for $2.39 I think is a nice little case and a better option than what the iSine comes with.

https://www.banggood.com/Universal-...igital-Accessories-Storage-Bag-p-1110885.html

iSine Case 1.jpg iSine Case 3.jpg iSine Case 2.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2017 at 3:19 AM Post #2,599 of 7,348
So I finally got a chance to test the iSine10 again, and yes, it only sounded better and less honky with equalization. Flat EQ just very peaky (not sibilant peaky but honky) for me. Found out the sound signature of the peaky piano and certain vocal of iSine10 quite similar to Noble Django, with iSine10 a more extreme version.

Jun 7, 2017 at 10:35 AM Post #2,603 of 7,348
So, is there any News on whether Audeze will give us a cable for Samsung phones? I bought the Isine 10 and use them on my Samsung and Laptop and they sound good but not better than my ie800s. I heard the sound improves a lot when you use that cable but I dont have any apple Hardware. Gonna have to send them back otherwise

Jun 7, 2017 at 10:44 AM Post #2,604 of 7,348
I have been comparing myW60,against my iSINE 10 for about a week now. It took a couple of days to get a good fit, over ear hook, and large buds, sitting on my ears. For my old ears the iSine gets my vote, for the wide/deep sound field, instrument separation among other things. I have tried with both cables,and don't find much difference, so the W60 are now for sale on Ebay.

Jun 7, 2017 at 12:26 PM Post #2,606 of 7,348
Jun 7, 2017 at 1:09 PM Post #2,607 of 7,348
Got my isines back today, I had already forgot how good they sound... My craving for the Focal Elear is smaller now :p

Also, I have tried the comply 600 comfort tips. My impressions with cipher eq, through a Marantz PM5005 headphone out:
Negatives: They definitely recess the highs, and some (not a severe amount) of the airiness that you get from the cipher eq. I wouldn't say the soundstage is smaller, the sound is just a little thicker and smoother (I guess this could count as a positive for some people).
Sound feels slightly slower /less impactful in the midrange, probably because of the more recessed highs.

Positives: With the silicone tips+ eq, the isines were slightly sibilant to me at times. With the complys, all sibilance is totally gone, even from recordings that I know have sibilance on most of my gear. Subbass is absolutely THUMPING, impact is just unreal...
Bass is just as clean and extended as with the silicone tips. Keep in mind, I got a very good seal with the silicones too, so if you struggle with the fit of the silicones, your results may be even better on this point.

As for comfort, that is probably the biggest positive. Complys are far more comfortable for the ear canal.Where the silicones felt stiffer and didn't adapt to my ear canal as well, the complys are much softer. Also, the silicones irritated the skin in my ear canal after a couple of hours, complys don't.

Comply's also stay in place way better, so much that I no longer need to use the ear hooks.

EDIT: Tried cutting off 1-2mm of the comply tips, as suggested by someone here. It brightens the sound back to something between stock complys and silicones. So far, this is my favorite sound. It seems that it keeps all the positives of the stock complys, without sacrificing too much airiness.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2017 at 1:35 PM Post #2,608 of 7,348
Sounds as if you may be inserting these too far into your ear. They are just supposed to rest in your ears much like earbuds, maybe a tad further but no way should they stay in your ears without hooks.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

TWIN

Users who are viewing this thread

Back