Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Jun 8, 2017 at 8:51 PM Post #2,626 of 7,348
does anyone that have these and the hifiman 400s - I am thinking of getting the isine 10 and wondering how they compare. From the reviews they are better then the 400s but I am listening now to my 400s on my surface book connected to my jds labs the element ( not high end I realize ) but they sound amazing to me - I cant image the isine 10 would sound better but if they do i will buy tomorrow - comments appreciated :)

Jun 9, 2017 at 7:31 AM Post #2,628 of 7,348
Here's my dilemma:
1st pair of LCD-2s had a faulty left connector
2nd pair are fine after a couple of months
1st set of iSine 20s the Cipher cable failed on f/w upgrade (demo set)
2nd set of iSine 20s the replacement Cipher cable won't let you resume music after 15 seconds (same demo set)
3rd set, brand new for me to buy the Cipher isn't recognised at all. Are they all tested because this one can't have been for any useful amount of time.

Now, this is all through one dealer so have they/I been extremely unlucky with an 80% failure rate?

My choice at the moment is to persevere and get ANOTHER replacement and buy them for £600 or just get the Apple iSine 10 for £360 which I understand sounds virtually identical.

I'm now concerned about the investment in a product I'm quickly losing faith in.

@Audeze, can you put my mind at rest please?

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2017 at 8:54 AM Post #2,629 of 7,348
Here's my dilemma:
1st pair of LCD-2s had a faulty left connector
2nd pair are fine after a couple of months
1st set of iSine 20s the Cipher cable failed on f/w upgrade (demo set)
2nd set of iSine 20s the replacement Cipher cable won't let you resume music after 15 seconds (same demo set)
3rd set, brand new for me to buy the Cipher isn't recognised at all. Are they all tested because this one can't have been for any useful amount of time.

Now, this is all through one dealer so have they/I been extremely unlucky with an 80% failure rate?

My choice at the moment is to persevere and get ANOTHER replacement and buy them for £600 or just get the Apple iSine 10 for £360 which I understand sounds virtually identical.

I'm now concerned about the investment in a product I'm quickly losing faith in.

el-8 failed driver recently. only to my horror after some research. read it with your own eyes.

https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/a...el8-ti-these-have-updates-as-standard.804186/

Jun 9, 2017 at 12:28 PM Post #2,630 of 7,348
Here's my dilemma:

@davehutch - This is really strange. We would like the get the cables back to test them. The boards are fairly simple and everyone of them is programmed and tested here in our factory before shipping. Our customer support team will reach out to you and get the units checked out. What version of ios are you using ?

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Jun 9, 2017 at 3:03 PM Post #2,631 of 7,348
Got my Groovy in-ear kit yesterday. I like the tips, they seem more grippy, but I don't think they sound any different to me.

The ear hooks seem more comfortable, but haven't had a chance to test them extensively to see if they stay comfortable during extended use.

Jun 9, 2017 at 3:07 PM Post #2,632 of 7,348
@davehutch - This is really strange. We would like the get the cables back to test them. The boards are fairly simple and everyone of them is programmed and tested here in our factory before shipping. Our customer support team will reach out to you and get the units checked out. What version of ios are you using ?

thanks. I've PM'd you some details

Jun 9, 2017 at 9:50 PM Post #2,633 of 7,348
Sounds as if you may be inserting these too far into your ear. They are just supposed to rest in your ears much like earbuds, maybe a tad further but no way should they stay in your ears without hooks.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

TWIN
I am wondering about this too. I do not insert mine far nor do I think I even could. I'm intrigued by the comply set up but usually you need to get those bad boys far in your ears. Seems like it would totally alter how the isine10s are designed.

Jun 9, 2017 at 10:07 PM Post #2,634 of 7,348
I've experimented a LOT with Comply depth. I love both the Comfort and Sport series in the exact same spot, which is about the middle of my ear canal.

These do perform quite well with a very shallow insertion as well.

Really, it's up to the user to find their perfect spot and fit size. I wish I could have magically found where I'm at today without as much trial & error but it's what gives me the confidence in the performance I'm enjoying.

It seems to me that the shallow insertion gives the treble a bit of a peak that fatigued my ears. The soundstage was nice and wide. The bass blends with the rest just a little better.

Middle of the ear seems to tame the frequencies a bit and maybe even open the soundstage. I do believe the original design internation is for these to be inside the ear. I find the things go a little odd when it's too deep or too shallow.

I also find that the large sized comply are right for me. Of course, YMMV with a different set of ears, lol.

The comfort series is probably a bit more reference ish. The stage is taller and better for analytical listening.

The sport series takes the height and converts it to depth. These are more "fun" for pop or dance music.

If they're both at the same insertion depth, the soundstage is just as wide as each other but it's easier to perceive on the comfort series because of the treble focused presentation and feeling of it being "taller"

Jun 10, 2017 at 12:45 AM Post #2,636 of 7,348
Hi all,

Been thinking about getting an isine 10 or 20 for a whiles now. I would primarily use it for work, but wondering if anyone had any long session comfort issues with these in-ears? Thank you and I appreciate any feedback on the matter.

Jun 10, 2017 at 1:27 AM Post #2,637 of 7,348
wmak, Hope you work in a quiet environment because there is little to no isolation from outside noise.

TWIN

Jun 10, 2017 at 4:30 AM Post #2,638 of 7,348
I've experimented a LOT with Comply depth. I love both the Comfort and Sport series in the exact same spot, which is about the middle of my ear canal.

These do perform quite well with a very shallow insertion as well.

Really, it's up to the user to find their perfect spot and fit size. I wish I could have magically found where I'm at today without as much trial & error but it's what gives me the confidence in the performance I'm enjoying.

It seems to me that the shallow insertion gives the treble a bit of a peak that fatigued my ears. The soundstage was nice and wide. The bass blends with the rest just a little better.

Middle of the ear seems to tame the frequencies a bit and maybe even open the soundstage. I do believe the original design internation is for these to be inside the ear. I find the things go a little odd when it's too deep or too shallow.

I also find that the large sized comply are right for me. Of course, YMMV with a different set of ears, lol.

The comfort series is probably a bit more reference ish. The stage is taller and better for analytical listening.

The sport series takes the height and converts it to depth. These are more "fun" for pop or dance music.

If they're both at the same insertion depth, the soundstage is just as wide as each other but it's easier to perceive on the comfort series because of the treble focused presentation and feeling of it being "taller"
I agree with your impressionson sound. For comfort, I like to get as deep an insertion as possible (I'm weird that way), and with the silicones that's what I preferred sound-wise aswell (since the silicones are more treble-focused than complys). However with the complys I prefer a medium insertion to get more treble out of them. I have only tried the comfort series, but if they're brighter than the sports I think that's because they're shorter by default. Cutting off the tip of the comfort brings out even a little more treble and imaging.

Jun 10, 2017 at 8:12 AM Post #2,639 of 7,348
If I personally kept having problems with a cable with my device, LOGIC would assume the probability of failure of 2-3 Cables is unlikely. I would turn my Attention to a problem with the Device itself.

Just an educated guess.

TWIN

Jun 10, 2017 at 10:09 AM Post #2,640 of 7,348
If I personally kept having problems with a cable with my device, LOGIC would assume the probability of failure of 2-3 Cables is unlikely. I would turn my Attention to a problem with the Device itself.

Just an educated guess.

TWIN
Cables also had the same issues on two other iPhones. More of an educated guess it's the cables

Users who are viewing this thread

Back