Audeze LCD i4 TOTL In-Ear Monitor Discussion
Jun 6, 2017 at 4:53 AM Post #151 of 4,796
"I got to hear them this weekend! Honestly, they are by far the most unique experience I've had with an IEM ever...
It's hifi on your head. The sense of space and sound stage is unfathomable. Was a complete 3D experience. Words won't do them justice..."

It will be interesting to see how they compare to TOTL iem's from EE/Shure's etc. of the world.

Jun 6, 2017 at 2:12 PM Post #153 of 4,796
LCDi4 with balance cable and WM1Z.

IMG_4254.jpg

Jun 6, 2017 at 5:48 PM Post #154 of 4,796
Jun 6, 2017 at 8:41 PM Post #157 of 4,796
It looks it.
It may just be me but I can imagine this guy climbing telephone poles and changing wires for a living.

For the love of all things good and righteous in this world plug those dang things in your squash, play some tracks and provide us with some feedback. You have no obligation to do so but that is why I joined this forum and that is what I would do for all of you guys. Just some first impressions not a frickin book.

Jun 6, 2017 at 9:27 PM Post #158 of 4,796
It may just be me but I can imagine this guy climbing telephone poles and changing wires for a living.

For the love of all things good and righteous in this world plug those dang things in your squash, play some tracks and provide us with some feedback. You have no obligation to do so but that is why I joined this forum and that is what I would do for all of you guys. Just some first impressions not a frickin book.

lol

I just got them, and today the office was too noisy, I have to say that the cable is too heavy for these earphones.

Have you still got the IE800? would you be able to give a quick comparison?

cheers.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2017 at 9:56 PM Post #159 of 4,796
LCDi4 with balance cable and WM1Z.
I have to say that the cable is too heavy for these earphones.
But that's an aftermarket cable. How about the one from Audeze?

There have been enough pictures of the LCDi4 that we already know what it looks like. Everybody's waiting for listening impressions and comparisons.

Jun 6, 2017 at 10:06 PM Post #160 of 4,796
He posted a photo dude. And.... oh the horror! Another telephone pole was just hit by lightning. Kubig123 is on scene now replacing the wires. For the love of Jeebus he's swaying with pole. Gusts of wicked winds reaching 100+mph mixed with ice pellets won't stop that man from getting the cables up. It's all about the cables. Wait... a tractor trailer has hit the pole. Oh the humanity!!!!!

Guess we'll have to wait a bit...

Jun 6, 2017 at 10:26 PM Post #161 of 4,796
He posted a photo dude. And.... oh the horror! Another telephone pole was just hit by lightning. Kubig123 is on scene now replacing the wires. For the love of Jeebus he's swaying with pole. Gusts of wicked winds reaching 100+mph mixed with ice pellets won't stop that man from getting the cables up. It's all about the cables. Wait... a tractor trailer has hit the pole. Oh the humanity!!!!!

Guess we'll have to wait a bit...

Your posts are very engaging and I love your rant on the banksters and bitcoin. I will have to wait to RMAF this year to listen to Sine 20's and the I4's.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2017 at 8:37 AM Post #164 of 4,796
That cable is also great to brush your teeth with. Because face it, listening to the LCD-i4 will induce such autonomous wide grins responses from you, you might as well look dashing too.

Jun 7, 2017 at 11:08 AM Post #165 of 4,796
IMG_1092.JPG IMG_1093.JPG
Today I had the chance to get 1 hour quality time with the LCD i4 at
audioNEXT GmbH, the German Audeze distributor. They told me, the LCDi4 I was listening to is currently the only LCD i4 in Germany. It was the model they used a the High End fair in Munich, Germany.
I had to bring source etc. along with me. I mainly used my Sony NW-ZX2 since the short try with the ifi nano (powered with some HiRes from my iPhone) made clear that the Sony was much better. I also brought along my isine20 and my Sennheiser HD800 (French mod).
I used my In-ear Groovy Kit and was honestly surprised to find out that they had so far not seen this kit.

Let's come to the sound:
There is no doubt that the LCD i4 is in a very different league compared to the iSine 20. And it is almost about everything: Space, 3-dimensionality, micro details, authoritive low end, naturalness of voices.
Naturalness brings me to the aspect of EQ. Yes, the LCD i4 also needs EQing to make him naturalistic sounding. But while my iSine 20 are tricky to be EQed right (I use different proxies of KMann's curves) the LCD i4 is much more forgiving.
As I said I also brought my Sennheiser HD 800 with me. Just because I thought I might afterwards later ask myself how he had sounded in direct comparison. No surprise the HD 800 would have gained from a bit more power like my Corda Classic ff amp but the main characteristics of the headphone also come through when using them with the Sony NW-ZX2. Now the HD800 is for my ears the more comfortable solution (I constantly feel the iSine 20 or LCD i4) but sound wise the LCD i4 rules.
There were a few moments where I had the feeling of sitting in front of a pair of great speakers like some Manger studio monitors. Some head movements later this is history but the message is, these little inEars do not sound like headphones or inEars.
That is really a shame as I now have to get a pair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back