Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Jun 7, 2017 at 4:16 PM Post #2,611 of 7,352
Sounds as if you may be inserting these too far into your ear. They are just supposed to rest in your ears much like earbuds, maybe a tad further but no way should they stay in your ears without hooks.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

TWIN
From what I've read in this thread, insertion depth varies a lot from person to person. I've experimented a lot with insertion depths and tip sizes, and find that a deep insertion with a good seal is what works best for me. Without it, I lose the clear imaging and some of the bass impact, while the highs get a little harsh. Of course as stated, YMMV

Jun 7, 2017 at 4:22 PM Post #2,612 of 7,352
Got my iSINE 20s yesterday. So far I'm loving them, however the right connector is every so slightly "wobbly" when you move the cable side to side. The cable is still secure and isn't loose, but the other side isn't wobbly at all.

I'm talking about a very slight wobble, with a very faint click that can be felt as you move the cable. Is this within normality?

Jun 7, 2017 at 5:30 PM Post #2,613 of 7,352
Got my iSINE 20s yesterday. So far I'm loving them, however the right connector is every so slightly "wobbly" when you move the cable side to side. The cable is still secure and isn't loose, but the other side isn't wobbly at all.

I'm talking about a very slight wobble, with a very faint click that can be felt as you move the cable. Is this within normality?
That is interesting. There is no give in mine. May want to talk to Audeze support just in case.

Jun 8, 2017 at 8:13 AM Post #2,616 of 7,352
From what I've read in this thread, insertion depth varies a lot from person to person. I've experimented a lot with insertion depths and tip sizes, and find that a deep insertion with a good seal is what works best for me. Without it, I lose the clear imaging and some of the bass impact, while the highs get a little harsh. Of course as stated, YMMV

Thanx makne. I am going to receive the Groovy tip package today so I will do some experimentation. I was going by the Set up Video info. and Mine sounded really good just barely inside the ear.

TWIN

Jun 8, 2017 at 1:53 PM Post #2,618 of 7,352
Got my isines back today, I had already forgot how good they sound... My craving for the Focal Elear is smaller now :p

EDIT: Tried cutting off 1-2mm of the comply tips, as suggested by someone here. It brightens the sound back to something between stock complys and silicones. So far, this is my favorite sound. It seems that it keeps all the positives of the stock complys, without sacrificing too much airiness.

Do you care to post a picture of your comply tips? I am interested in trying this method. Thanks.

Jun 8, 2017 at 2:18 PM Post #2,619 of 7,352
Got the groovy tip package. I like the tips. Played around with the sizes and insertion and found a medium Insertion is good, surprisingly the medium size tips sounded best, I usually use large. I'm still up in the air about the new hooks though. They are comfortable but may be a tad large for my ears. I will have to decide. Have 120 hours pf burn in on the 10's man do they sound good.....

TWIN

Jun 8, 2017 at 2:41 PM Post #2,620 of 7,352
Do you care to post a picture of your comply tips? I am interested in trying this method. Thanks.
IMG_2595.JPG IMG_2596.JPG IMG_2597.JPG
I just squeezed one of the tips together and cut with a scissor. Looks a little weird but it works.
Also, I bent the ear hooks inwards like that so that they wouldn't squeeze my ears so much. Idk if others have this problem aswell, but anyway it worked for me.

Jun 8, 2017 at 3:00 PM Post #2,623 of 7,352
That is interesting. There is no give in mine. May want to talk to Audeze support just in case.
Thanks - I've just messaged them via their official contact form on their website.

I'll post the outcome on this thread! :)

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2017 at 3:25 PM Post #2,624 of 7,352
After experimenting more with the complys and insertion depth (thanks to TWIN), I found that i prefer a slightly shallower insertion depth than with the silicones. I think this is because a shallower insertion gives more treble and airiness, which the complys lack in comparison to the silicones.
As for differences between stock and "modded" complys: The difference is not as big as before, now with the slightly shallower insertion. Still, I find that the modded complys have more treble, slightly more vocal presence and better instrument separation. This was particularly clear on Sympathy for the devil - The Rolling Stones, and Eric Clapton's Unplugged album.

I ended up using the modded complys with earhooks, medium/deep insertion: This configuration tames the sometimes fatiguing highs of the silicones, but still keeps most of the airiness and sparkle. It is what sounds the most natural to me, in fact it is one of the most natural sounding headphones/iems I've heard.

Jun 8, 2017 at 6:20 PM Post #2,625 of 7,352
Thanks - I've just messaged them via their official contact form on their website.

I'll post the outcome on this thread! :)
Well it took just 75 minutes for Audeze to reply (wow!). Apparently the support rep has this behaviour with his personal set of iSINE 20s which he uses every day, and it's nothing to worry about.

That takes about 80% of my worry away, but I'm willing to trust their advice on this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back