Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Jan 31, 2017 at 8:49 AM Post #1,216 of 7,352
Hejj there

I am new to to headfi so excuse me if im in a wrong thread to ask this question.

I am really liking the idea of the cipher cable. Ive searched a lot for an answer but couldn't find a proper answer.

Has anyone tried the cipher cable on another IEM or Custom IEM? I am considering to buy my first pair of custom IEM's so the cipher cable would be a great way to Play Music with my iphone.

Has anyone hints if there are other manufacturers considering to build lightning to 2 pin IEM cables?

thanks Hand have a nice day

Phil

Jan 31, 2017 at 9:31 AM Post #1,217 of 7,352
Good deal. Only hesitation would have been the final sale part, especially considering the new design. However you should do ok reselling if need be based on the price you got.

Interestingly, on the website it states they are not eligible for promos. What code did you use?

They were running a 25% off sale on a small sub list of items. I was surprised to see the isines in there because normally all the audeze products are excluded from promos on Touch of Modern. And only the i20 with cipher was on sale, the promo didn't work with the i10s. Either someone on TOM screwed up or I got lucky

As far as the promo, it must've ended. They usually run for 3 days or so.

Jan 31, 2017 at 11:46 AM Post #1,218 of 7,352
Good deal. Only hesitation would have been the final sale part, especially considering the new design. However you should do ok reselling if need be based on the price you got.

Interestingly, on the website it states they are not eligible for promos. What code did you use?

Great deal for sure but they aren't listed as an authorized dealer for whatever that is worth.  They sound like one of those online outfits that list stuff for a lot of small independent shops.  

Jan 31, 2017 at 5:59 PM Post #1,219 of 7,352
I tried the cypher cable on a friend's iPhone 6s. I can't believe the difference in sound and now I can't go back to the standard because now I will always feel like my experience is being handicapped. There's no way I'm selling my mojo and a couple of daps to buy an iPhone so I'm returning the i20. I should have never done it but curiosity got to me.

Jan 31, 2017 at 6:04 PM Post #1,220 of 7,352
Today I tried the iSine 10 with the middle sized ear tips, feels better. I also tried the soft ear hooks. I guess due to better seal, or
slightly different position in the ear canal, they sound better to me now. What I found funny is that e.g. Sia sounds terribly fatiguing with those headphones on her albums but totally fine and amazing in live recordings.

But my problems remains. I think it's about the highs that make it fatiquing to me, I reduced them with EQ, same for the lows - to make the mids come out more. Not really happy with that either. 

Not sure if I keep them...

Jan 31, 2017 at 6:06 PM Post #1,221 of 7,352
I tried the cypher cable on a friend's iPhone 6s. I can't believe the difference in sound and now I can't go back to the standard because now I will always feel like my experience is being handicapped. There's no way I'm selling my mojo and a couple of daps to buy an iPhone so I'm returning the i20. I should have never done it but curiosity got to me.

A used iPod Touch is a great option.

Jan 31, 2017 at 6:58 PM Post #1,225 of 7,352

Your saying cipher cable is better than mojo. I don't really believe that. Are you sure you tested long enough. Detail is surely missing vs mojo.

Jan 31, 2017 at 8:18 PM Post #1,226 of 7,352
Your saying cipher cable is better than mojo. I don't really believe that. Are you sure you tested long enough. Detail is surely missing vs mojo.

This is not about about mojo being a lot more detailed (which it is) it's more about cypher sounding "right" or "fixed" but I only noticed this after I did the comparison.this to me is a musicality thing for example, I have meze 12 classics and they some problems like distortion in the bass, small soundstage, separation isn't that great. They're not technically impressive at all but they are VERY enjoyable iems.

I tested for hours, it's not about the quality that impressed me with the cypher cable it's the way the driver sounded a lot different and by that I mean the tuning was superior and the overall sound was far more enjoyable.

To me this is how the i20/10 were supposed to sound but maybe due to some limitations because of the size or other problems they had to perfect it with DSP/EQ so the only way to hear true i20 is with the digital cable

It's hard to explain but like I said I'm not selling my mojo or daps to dedicate myself to 1 earphone for the long term.

Jan 31, 2017 at 8:19 PM Post #1,227 of 7,352
Hm very excited about the 20s now. The 10s sounded great enough with just the 3.5 mm. Jumping up to the 20s + cipher is sounding more and more awesome. They should get in this friday then I can do a quick comparison before packing up my 10s to return.

Feb 1, 2017 at 1:44 AM Post #1,228 of 7,352
Ive changed my mind. Keeping the 20's. i toiled and was able to create an eq profile to "very closely match" my ideal eq with the cypher. That said, with proper eq these are officially my favorite headphones ever. Ive got to say that the crystal clear bass these things are capable of is UNREAL! And the rest of the frequency range remains crystal clear as well. These headphones sound INSANELY good with eq. I'll post my eq settings when i have internet. Im driving them straight from a rockboxed clip zip with no loss of quality over my desktop rig!

I would definitely not keep these if i only had the stock analog or stock cypher sound to choose from. Way too hot mids and highs, not enough bass.

Comfort is just excellent. I got the inner ear clips to work but prefer the over ear clips. It's like there is nothing there.

Feb 1, 2017 at 6:01 AM Post #1,230 of 7,352
I am just waiting for a USB-type Cipher cable that works both on Android and Windows to order my iSine 20s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back