Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Jan 28, 2017 at 6:52 PM Post #1,186 of 7,352
  I cant agree that they are endgame because I don't believe that true endgame exists especially for people that are enthusiasts about the technology not just the music you will naturally get the upgrade itch eventually.
But what I can agree on is that they should not be compared to iems these are too much of a heavy weight for it to be fair and fight against the little in ears.
Soundstage is truly brilliant same for instrument separation, layering, transient response, detail and the very low distortion.

Theoretical endgame then. As in, if you have impeccable impulse control, you could probably stop after the 20s and a decent dac/amp. I know I'm done for at least a couple years before I get hungry eyes again.

Jan 28, 2017 at 6:52 PM Post #1,187 of 7,352
I cant agree that they are endgame because I don't believe that true endgame exists especially for people that are enthusiasts about the technology not just the music you will naturally get the upgrade itch eventually.
But what I can agree on is that they should not be compared to iems these are too much of a heavy weight for it to be fair and fight against the little in ears.
Soundstage is truly brilliant same for instrument separation, layering, transient response, detail and the very low distortion.

Agree on the endgame hyperbole...Every new OEM when it first arrives to slot of marketing and media hooplah is the endgame
(with an endgame expiry date of 2 yrs, lol)...See the Andromedas for eg.

Will be interesting to see what additional reviews compare, esp of other similarly priced, or even more $$$ iems.

Jan 28, 2017 at 11:14 PM Post #1,188 of 7,352
Has anyone found a model of comply that fits well? I'm thing of getting some for comfort but cutting then ends that hang over the tube with a razor blade so it doesn't muffle the sound.

Jan 28, 2017 at 11:37 PM Post #1,191 of 7,352
I'm wondering also because the bore is much bigger than the spinfit tube so it creates a bottle neck effect which id rather not do. I'm using JVC spiral dots ATM which are the widest of any I've used.

Jan 30, 2017 at 3:23 AM Post #1,194 of 7,352
I'm wondering also because the bore is much bigger than the spinfit tube so it creates a bottle neck effect which id rather not do. I'm using JVC spiral dots ATM which are the widest of any I've used.

What's the fit like on the dots as in getting them on the nozzle and how much if any does it cover the opening ?
Been browsing for alternatives to the stock and found nothing at all.

Jan 30, 2017 at 10:17 AM Post #1,195 of 7,352
will be interesting to hear more comparative, side by side impressions and reviews against others iems.
...and even against cans, for that matter, given their unique design and sound.

Jan 30, 2017 at 1:49 PM Post #1,196 of 7,352
Weird to say it but I have to agree with the Verge. I will be returning my i10s and getting the 20s with the cipher cable. What I've heard from the 10s, they're already approaching endgame. The 20s may be that extra step.

I've said it before and I'll reiterate. Comparing these to other IEMs is not fair. These compete with the big boys of the full size world. They even out perform their bigger, more expensive brothers from audeze. People laughed, called these niche and wondered who in the world would use them. Everyone even remotely into audio gear needs to listen to these and form an opinion. These feel like an actual advance in the headphone world. As far as what use they serve? Well the i10s(soon to be 20s) are now my main set. I've sold off my HD700, my Nighthawk has been sitting dejected in the corner, my 8BA iem is up on the classifieds. These handle everything and it's awesome to have that experience anywhere.

@Kazekeil - We couldn't have written this better. We designed the iSines like we do the full size headphones with SQ being our northstar.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Jan 30, 2017 at 2:48 PM Post #1,198 of 7,352
I received my pair of the iSine 10 on Saturday. I am actually not fully impressed, I would say. Yes, they have a very nice and big sound stage for sure. The bass is also quit linear and goes quit deep, and can hit quit hard - if the song requires it. Now those are the things I like, on the negative side: I don't know if it's only me but I don't like the reproduction of voices, female especially. When I'm listening to songs from Sia, Norah Jones or Katie Melua I always feel like pumping up the 500Hz - 8 KHz area in the mobile app. So I assume that I don't like the mids and lower highs? Now in general (and especially when turning up EQ) I think it's kind of "annoying" to listen to them, I mean it's kind of exhausting. It's a bit weird since in general I really like the resolution and all the details, instrument and separation. On the other hands it doesn't have very "emotional" highs like e.g. the UE900. 

Maybe I have like a "bad hearing day" today, but somehow I don't like them. When it comes to open headphone I personally like the SRH1840 a lot. I'm also a fan of the FA 4E XB over the SD2.
What I actually liked was the MA750i, but with comply foams - after listening to the iSine 10 not so much anymore. I actually also liked the QC35 a lot, before they broke.

Do you think it makes sense to jump to the A83, SD4, SE846 or even UERR to satisfy my needs? Though I like the open soundstage of the iSine 10, I probably would trade it for better voice reproduction (more realistic, more emotional like in the UE Pro Series e.g. the UE5 Pro)

Hmm.

Jan 30, 2017 at 3:20 PM Post #1,199 of 7,352
  I received my pair of the iSine 10 on Saturday. I am actually not fully impressed, I would say. Yes, they have a very nice and big sound stage for sure. The bass is also quit linear and goes quit deep, and can hit quit hard - if the song requires it. Now those are the things I like, on the negative side: I don't know if it's only me but I don't like the reproduction of voices, female especially. When I'm listening to songs from Sia, Norah Jones or Katie Melua I always feel like pumping up the 500Hz - 8 KHz area in the mobile app. So I assume that I don't like the mids and lower highs? Now in general (and especially when turning up EQ) I think it's kind of "annoying" to listen to them, I mean it's kind of exhausting. It's a bit weird since in general I really like the resolution and all the details, instrument and separation. On the other hands it doesn't have very "emotional" highs like e.g. the UE900. 

Maybe I have like a "bad hearing day" today, but somehow I don't like them. When it comes to open headphone I personally like the SRH1840 a lot. I'm also a fan of the FA 4E XB over the SD2.
What I actually liked was the MA750i, but with comply foams - after listening to the iSine 10 not so much anymore. I actually also liked the QC35 a lot, before they broke.

Do you think it makes sense to jump to the A83, SD4, SE846 or even UERR to satisfy my needs? Though I like the open soundstage of the iSine 10, I probably would trade it for better voice reproduction (more realistic, more emotional like in the UE Pro Series e.g. the UE5 Pro)

Hmm.

i hear good things on both the fidue sirius a91..and also UERR..but sadly haven't ever heard them.
then the FLC Celeste should hopefully come out in a few months....
the FLC 8S is a great bang for buck iem that you can tailor with filters the sound sig: US$250-$300

Jan 30, 2017 at 5:24 PM Post #1,200 of 7,352

Hmm.

The A83 was pretty fatiguing to me personally and I found theflc8s to be an improvement in every way.For vocals specifically it's hard to beat the flc8s and their gold filter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back