Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Nov 11, 2016 at 12:03 AM Post #676 of 7,353

i am curious what sort of material is the case made of pls?  if it's plastic, it seems highly likely that the wire case will just break easy even with minute pressure.

hope that the black colour is not paint, but something like PVD.  hope won't chip like the sine i have bought.  chipped in 24 hours without any bumping or harsh treatment.

Nov 11, 2016 at 9:49 AM Post #677 of 7,353
According to Audeze's website the package for the iSine 10 and 20 both include an MFI certified Cipher Lightning cable and a 3.5mm cable. There's no indication on the site that a 3.5mm cable only version is available. My understanding from looking at the iSine10 page is that there's only one SKU. If that's accurate then that's why the MFI certification can cause a delay for everyone.

Nov 11, 2016 at 11:41 AM Post #678 of 7,353
I saw iSine's at Fujia-Avic show in Tokyo and Audeze people at the booth told me there will be a version with and without the lightning cable ($50 cheaper w/o). I really hope that's still the case. I don't have an iPhone and I'm not planning to buy one. USB-C cable would be a different story though!

Nov 11, 2016 at 4:35 PM Post #680 of 7,353
  According to Audeze's website the package for the iSine 10 and 20 both include an MFI certified Cipher Lightning cable and a 3.5mm cable. There's no indication on the site that a 3.5mm cable only version is available. My understanding from looking at the iSine10 page is that there's only one SKU. If that's accurate then that's why the MFI certification can cause a delay for everyone.

Many websites have the $550 (-$50) versions up

Nov 11, 2016 at 6:30 PM Post #681 of 7,353
Note: The following is speculation.

This is currently displayed on Audeze's home page:

It looks like USB-C (or micro-USB?) Cipher(?) cables are inbound. I'm assuming Android "fragmentation" makes it a bit harder to develop or test for the platform compared to iOS.

I would recommend Android users looking to take advantage of a Cipher(?) cable to hold off until the new units are released. I use a Cipher cable with my EL-8 ti and find it extremely convenient. If Audeze does release individual cables for sale at a later date they are more likely to sell for $75 rather than the $50 price bundled in with the unit.

Overall, there will probably be three different SKUs for sale. Base, Base +Lightning Cipher, Base + USB-C (micro?) Cipher(?). Base includes the standard 3.5mm cable.  

Nov 11, 2016 at 6:34 PM Post #682 of 7,353
Note: The following is speculation.

This is currently displayed on Audeze's home page:

It looks like USB-C (or micro-USB?) Cipher(?) cables are inbound. I'm assuming Android "fragmentation" makes it a bit harder to develop or test for the platform compared to iOS.

I would recommend Android users looking to take advantage of a Cipher(?) cable to hold off until the new units are released. I use a Cipher cable with my EL-8 ti and find it extremely convenient. If Audeze does release individual cables for sale at a later date they are more likely to sell for $75 rather than the $50 price bundled in with the unit.

Overall, there will probably be three different SKUs for sale. Base, Base +Lightning Cipher, Base + USB-C (micro?) Cipher(?). Base will also include the standard 3.5mm cable.  

Just like how any USB DAC can work with any android phone given you have the micro USB cable, a cipher with usb c should also be compatible with any modern android device that has a usb c connector. Fragmentation has no effect on standards like USB or Bluetooth.
That said, it would be pretty neat to see a USB c cipher cable.

Nov 11, 2016 at 7:29 PM Post #684 of 7,353
  The Made for Android logo is also displayed under the EL-8 Ti and Sine (homepage only).

@akg fanboy That's true, good point. Do you think they would still do testing with a variety of Android devices though?

I don't know about that, most only do samsung devices. Some do lg, htc, and sony as well but even though other phones like a nexus might not be listed, they usually end up working more often than not

Nov 12, 2016 at 12:11 PM Post #687 of 7,353
Is there a site or someone that has compared the 10 vs 20 versions that can tell us if the difference in sound is that much different and how is it different?    

The 20 is without a doubt cleaner and more detailed. At rmaf, i heard more bass and slightly smoother highs from the 10, but audeze insists that the sound signature is the same and that it was due to different eartip size.

Nov 12, 2016 at 2:00 PM Post #688 of 7,353
The 20 is without a doubt cleaner and more detailed. At rmaf, i heard more bass and slightly smoother highs from the 10, but audeze insists that the sound signature is the same and that it was due to different eartip size.

Which isine do you prefer? Do they both have a nice slam on the base or is it weak? What would compare the sound quality of the isines too?

Nov 12, 2016 at 3:44 PM Post #689 of 7,353

Which isine do you prefer? Do they both have a nice slam on the base or is it weak? What would compare the sound quality of the isines too?

I honestly dont think you can really compared the iSine to anything ATM. I dont think they're comparable to full size headphones in terms of things like soundstage, as something like the HD800 still completely smacks them, but they're definitely a completely different experience from IEMs. They're just sort of in this limbo between the two.

I definitely preferred the 20, and I think it's a decent step up for the extra 200 asking price.

Again though, mostly show impressions. I can say, though, that I find these hard to resist, and it's been a while since I've actually been excited about an IEM.

Nov 12, 2016 at 4:26 PM Post #690 of 7,353
I honestly dont think you can really compared the iSine to anything ATM. I dont think they're comparable to full size headphones in terms of things like soundstage, as something like the HD800 still completely smacks them, but they're definitely a completely different experience from IEMs. They're just sort of in this limbo between the two.

I definitely preferred the 20, and I think it's a decent step up for the extra 200 asking price.

Again though, mostly show impressions. I can say, though, that I find these hard to resist, and it's been a while since I've actually been excited about an IEM.

Hey thanks for the feed back. I was asking because I recently ask some one from Audeze what the sound of the isine were compared too, and he told me that the sound was similar to their lcd x headphone. I was trying to see if other people had that same impression when listening to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back