Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Oct 18, 2016 at 4:00 AM Post #601 of 7,353
i am thinking which to get the i10 or i20, my focus is to have the one with more bass

Oct 18, 2016 at 4:04 PM Post #602 of 7,353
Possibly a silly question, but can the iSINE 10 and/or 20 be driven balanced?  

In a related question, does Audeze have any plans to offer a balanced cable, preferably terminated with an Astell&Kern-friendly 2.5mm balanced connector?  I've got an XB10 that drives my LCD-4's (balanced) acceptably well, and an AK70 on my Christmas list, so the ability to take advantage of balanced audio on the go would be sweet.

- Dave

Oct 19, 2016 at 7:59 PM Post #603 of 7,353

In a related question, does Audeze have any plans to offer a balanced cable, preferably terminated with an Astell&Kern-friendly 2.5mm balanced connector?  I've got an XB10 that drives my LCD-4's (balanced) acceptably well, and an AK70 on my Christmas list, so the ability to take advantage of balanced audio on the go would be sweet.

- Dave

Well, i wouldn't see any reason they couldn't be.  The cable is interchangeable (includes a regular 3.5mm in addition to the lightning), so assuming somebody cares to make the cable (the big question will be about the headphone connectors.. how proprietary are they, and can they be easily replicated), they should be just like any other headphone..

Oct 20, 2016 at 12:10 AM Post #604 of 7,353
  Well, i wouldn't see any reason they couldn't be.  The cable is interchangeable (includes a regular 3.5mm in addition to the lightning), so assuming somebody cares to make the cable (the big question will be about the headphone connectors.. how proprietary are they, and can they be easily replicated), they should be just like any other headphone..

I saw custom cables in the Sine thread thumb-nails top right side, so it is do-able.
I need any set I buy balanced anyway.

Oct 20, 2016 at 12:21 AM Post #605 of 7,353
Really can't wait to get the 20's for my new onkyo dp-x1..

Oct 20, 2016 at 9:58 PM Post #606 of 7,353
Some pictures I took from headroom show in London

Mojo picture is to show listening volume at a crowded space. Impressions in a bit...

come on then spill, its been 6 days. 
tongue.gif

Oct 21, 2016 at 9:50 AM Post #607 of 7,353
Apologies folks... life caught up with me. on the plus side, Just got offered a job at my dream company and my lime ears aethers are on their way to me :)

Show Conditions:

The Audeze booth was sandwiched between Chord and AK booths. The show floor was quite noisy. This should explain the volume on my Mojo (light orange on the + ball, red on the - ball). Although, I saw (rather heard) someone listening to the Audeze Sine with the Mojo being on double purple/violet colors. God bless his ears!

The Setup:

Both the i10 and i20 were being driven (simultaneously, and volume matched) by the Mojo. The source: Tidal

Myself:

Large ears and glasses. the comfort factor was really good despite the size.

Tracks heard:

Ramble On : Led Zeppelin
Hey You : Pink Floyd
Keep the Faith : Michael Jackson
World Spins Madly On: Weepies
Numb: Linkin Park

i10:

The first thing that hit me was the soundstage. it was almost like wearing an open headphone, but with a little more noise isolation. The treble was sparkly without being sibilant and was surprising to me, given the Audeze house sound. I am no basshead, but these are definitely not bass shy in any way. They produced great bass when the song demanded it. For reference, I feind the Philips Fidelio S2 as being bass shy. Noise isolation was there but I could still slightly hear everything around me.

i20:

Let me start out by saying that I preferred these immediately. Not only do these look cooler (spiderman with a orange web) but I could immediatel tell something was different about the sound (IMO). By the end of my listen, I could hear a 10-15% improvement in sound, This was enough for me but if you are unable to hear it, the i10 are perfectly good.

Similar great soundstage , but the treble felt slightly smoother in comparison. Acoustic guitars sounded particularly good. The bass was present again but seemed to have more slam for me. The biggest difference I felt was in the vocals. There was something a bit more organic about how the vocals came through. 

Both:

At the volume I was listening to:
in a quiet environment: there will be sound leakage. But then again, I would not need such a high volume.
in a Noisy environment: I really had to press the earpiece against my ear to hear sound i=on the show floor. I believe they should do fine here and will definitely be better than the tinny earpods.

Oct 21, 2016 at 2:40 PM Post #608 of 7,353
@ViperGeek - Yes. This should be trivial. The headphones use standard 2 pin connectors and we think there will be plenty of 3rd party options. 

Quote:

- Dave

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Oct 21, 2016 at 2:42 PM Post #609 of 7,353
Thanks for the confirmation, Audeze!  Looking forward to some balanced iSINE 20's connected to an XB10 or AK70.

- Dave

Quote:
  @ViperGeek - Yes. This should be trivial. The headphones use standard 2 pin connectors and we think there will be plenty of 3rd party options. 

Quote:

- Dave

Oct 23, 2016 at 12:57 AM Post #612 of 7,353

I was also at the Indulgence show in London, I had just come from listening to the Shure KSE1500 Electrostat which were incredible albeit being many times the price, another factor was that behind the booth was a band who were practicing and it was really noisy.

I plugged the USB output of my phone to the Mojo and listened to Mai Kuraki Symphonic Collection in Moscow in DXD and several tracks in 24/192 and 24/96. Due to the loud environment I don't feel like I was able to get an accurate impression of the i10's, they had a planar magnetic sound signature. As for Soundstage, I've never found an iem that can match an over-ear for soundstage, and the sine on ears had better soundstage.

On switching to my much cheaper iems with foam tips, they offered much greater isolation. For that reason I don't feel like I can give an accurate impression of the sound of the i10 accept that they are open back and aren't the best at blocking external noise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back