Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Oct 10, 2016 at 10:47 PM Post #571 of 7,352
I made the rounds and pretty much visited every vendor at RMAF this weekend. The new iSines where one of only a handful of products that really grabbed me. They sounded like full sized headphones! Simply amazing...while not the smallest form factor, they did go on quite quickly and didn't leak very much (even though they are open-backed). They sounded B-I-G, clean and very transparent. Really looking forward to reviewing them sometime down the road! 
how were the highs? Sibilant, peaky or smooth?

Oct 10, 2016 at 10:55 PM Post #572 of 7,352
how were the highs? Sibilant, peaky or smooth?

Seemed quite balanced, but that was under non-ideal meet conditions...I would love to review them and spoke with Sankar, so hopefully I can get to audition them under better circumstances soon.

Oct 10, 2016 at 11:21 PM Post #573 of 7,352
  I made the rounds and pretty much visited every vendor at RMAF this weekend. The new iSines where one of only a handful of products that really grabbed me. They sounded like full sized headphones! Simply amazing...while not the smallest form factor, they did go on quite quickly and didn't leak very much (even though they are open-backed). They sounded B-I-G, clean and very transparent. Really looking forward to reviewing them sometime down the road!  happy to hear  this hopefully more reviews soon would looking at the  iSines 20's

cool glad to hear this looking at the  iSines 20 hopefully more reviews soon..

Oct 10, 2016 at 11:56 PM Post #574 of 7,352
  I made the rounds and pretty much visited every vendor at RMAF this weekend. The new iSines where one of only a handful of products that really grabbed me. They sounded like full sized headphones! Simply amazing...while not the smallest form factor, they did go on quite quickly and didn't leak very much (even though they are open-backed). They sounded B-I-G, clean and very transparent. Really looking forward to reviewing them sometime down the road! 

i'm a bit of a basshead 'lite'...(meaning: while love great bass slam, bottom end and a
slightly warmish sound i still enjoy a balanced spectrum and lots of resolution and details)
how would you rate them macedonianhero?

this is one pair of iems that has sparked alot of excitement amongst many people...can't wait 'til they're released.

Oct 11, 2016 at 1:50 AM Post #575 of 7,352
  i'm a bit of a basshead 'lite'...(meaning: while love great bass slam, bottom end and a
slightly warmish sound i still enjoy a balanced spectrum and lots of resolution and details)
how would you rate them macedonianhero?

this is one pair of iems that has sparked alot of excitement amongst many people...can't wait 'til they're released.

Just remember, you can always try adding a little bass.  EQ is the most underrated aspect of this hobby-o-file  :wink: community if you ask me.   From my perspective a really great pair of headphones are not only those that sound amazing to me, but those that can really handle being EQ'd... or you could say how much potential they have to sound exactly how you want them to?   When you can dial in a really good pair of headphones and get them sounding perfect to your ears, that's when you really see how good one pair of headphones sounds compared to another.  

That said, considering Jude said they responded well to EQ, Audeze even made their own settings, and included a programmable EQ cable.. I'm pretty freakin' stoked!!

Oct 11, 2016 at 2:23 AM Post #576 of 7,352

Just remember, you can always try adding a little bass.  EQ is the most underrated aspect of this hobby-o-file  :wink: community if you ask me.   From my perspective a really great pair of headphones are not only those that sound amazing to me, but those that can really handle being EQ'd... or you could say how much potential they have to sound exactly how you want them to?   When you can dial in a really good pair of headphones and get them sounding perfect to your ears, that's when you really see how good one pair of headphones sounds compared to another.  

That said, considering Jude said they responded well to EQ, Audeze even made their own settings, and included a programmable EQ cable.. I'm pretty freakin' stoked!!

I am totally one of those anti-EQ nuts. I can't even explain it. 

I think it's partly because I hate having my audio experience be software dependent. I listen to music from several different locations and if I had to EQ all of them to match I'd go insane.

Side note, am I the only one who thinks it's weird Audeze's latest offerings are suddenly being known for being bass shy? The whole reason I fell in love with the brand was that they understood that potent bass has a place in audiophilia, what the heck's going on?

Oct 11, 2016 at 2:42 AM Post #577 of 7,352

I think it's partly because I hate having my audio experience be software dependent. I listen to music from several different locations and if I had to EQ all of them to match I'd go insane.

Side note, am I the only one who thinks it's weird Audeze's latest offerings are suddenly being known for being bass shy? The whole reason I fell in love with the brand was that they understood that potent bass has a place in audiophilia, what the heck's going on?

Sure hope they're not bass shy...while I'm no bass head I sure do love great bass slam...all hail the Sony 7550s (taped vents) as my model to replace (for bass)

Oct 11, 2016 at 2:58 AM Post #578 of 7,352
I would love the 10's to sound like LCD-2F - fantastic bass slam and extension, slightly forward and clear mids, velvety highs with great extension and details.
Hoped the XC to sound like a portable 2F, but it definitely wasn't the case - they were colder with some sibilance what surprised me quite a bit.

Oct 11, 2016 at 3:29 AM Post #579 of 7,352
  I would love the 10's to sound like LCD-2F - fantastic bass slam and extension, slightly forward and clear mids, velvety highs with great extension and details.
Hoped the XC to sound like a portable 2F, but it definitely wasn't the case - they were colder with some sibilance what surprised me quite a bit.

I'd love a 2.2 pre-fazor.

Oct 11, 2016 at 11:53 AM Post #580 of 7,352

Is that the very latest tuning XC (late 2015-2016 I guess ) you are talking about ?
As the current SQ impressions are looking good in the XC thread.

Oct 11, 2016 at 11:32 PM Post #582 of 7,352
I got a chance  to listen to the i20's at RMAF and I really liked what I could hear. Unfortunately, they do allow ambient noise to be a factor. They did remind me of the Sine on-ear signature a bit, but that is based on a limited experience. I m a big fan of the sound of the Sine on ear, but my ears didn't fully fit in the cups and would get irritated after an hour or so of listening, so my son now has an amazing set of cans. I do think, that in a fairly quiet environment, these would be very enjoyable.

Oct 12, 2016 at 4:19 AM Post #583 of 7,352

Is that the very latest tuning XC (late 2015-2016 I guess ) you are talking about ?
As the current SQ impressions are looking good in the XC thread.

I tested them in 2014 (sometime in Spring I think. If you say the SQ changed, I guess I need to check them again, although I'm not so much into headphones anymore :wink:

I do think, that in a fairly quiet environment, these would be very enjoyable.

That's the question, if they would work in an office - I don't want to disturb my colleagues, therefore I'm using only IEMs.

Oct 12, 2016 at 8:28 PM Post #585 of 7,352

The bass is still the same. Down to 10Hz and completely neutral. 

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back