Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Jun 10, 2020 at 5:50 PM Post #7,111 of 7,353
My experience is quite the opposite. I find the V2 cipher to be to dark for my taste.
I also find it very dark. I wonder how accurate the different Cipher cables are for the different IEMs (iSine 10 vs 20 vs LX vs LCD i3 vs i4). The graph of (unspecified version) Cipher cable with iSine 20 yielded a nice Harman curve when Crin tested one. Based on recent reactions it seems like neither version has been yielding a nice Harman curve.

Jun 10, 2020 at 5:59 PM Post #7,112 of 7,353
I also find it very dark. I wonder how accurate the different Cipher cables are for the different IEMs (iSine 10 vs 20 vs LX vs LCD i3 vs i4). The graph of (unspecified version) Cipher cable with iSine 20 yielded a nice Harman curve when Crin tested one. Based on recent reactions it seems like neither version has been yielding a nice Harman curve.
I thought the iSine 20 with cipher graph is the V1 isine cipher cable?
The only differences in cable, as far as I know, are iSine cipher v1 vs v2/BT and they are also different from i4's cipher cable (v1) and i3 cipher(v2)/BT cable.

Jun 10, 2020 at 7:36 PM Post #7,113 of 7,353
Thanks for the tip Ocelitgol but I think I'll end-up selling my iSine 20s - I did try all the tips, found the grooved tips were worse. I usually struggle with IEM's too but I have a very cheap pair of KZ ATE's which fit fine with foam tips, unfortunately they sound far too bright for my tastes but they're fine for listening to podcasts and videos.

I'd tried the Audeze i3s (I think) at a show last year, they fitted perfectly fine for the ten minutes that I'd tested them and they sounded impressive, sadly they weren't in the B-stock sale so I opted for the iSine 20s instead.

By chance have you tried foam tips with your iSine 20s? I actually got dekoni tips to fit and I almost don't need the ear hooks to keep them in place. People would probably argue that I am wearing them to deep but they feel so nice even compared to my KZ ZS10s.

Jun 10, 2020 at 7:48 PM Post #7,115 of 7,353
I never thought to try foam tips, seems blatantly obvious now, thanks etroze86 - now, to get some dekoni foam tips...

Has it improved the bass response and smoothed out higher frequencies?

Bass is on par with my LCD2CBs as in it digs deep and to me the highs really only come into view if i'm running them on my desktop amp. Never really thought these had much energy up top so they always seemed smooth to me......well i did put foamies on them after like 20 mins of owning them so my memory might suck a little bit in that aspect.

Jun 15, 2020 at 10:24 AM Post #7,117 of 7,353
Can I request someone to post a screenshot of their UAPP PEQ settings to match Cipher settings for iSine20? Apologies in advance as I am a complete newbie to PEQ and need something decent to start with. I am looking for something like this but tuned for iSine20 (I believe this is for i4)

1592231113439.png

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2020 at 1:52 PM Post #7,118 of 7,353
Anyone can compare the isine Bluetooth cable tuning vs cipher v1 and v2? I tried searching but no extensive results. Much thanks!

All I've gathered so far is that the V2 has less treble / BT module sounds darker compare to V1

Jun 17, 2020 at 2:40 PM Post #7,119 of 7,353
I have all in house. Give me one Hour and I write to you.

Jun 17, 2020 at 3:30 PM Post #7,121 of 7,353
Anyone can compare the isine Bluetooth cable tuning vs cipher v1 and v2? I tried searching but no extensive results. Much thanks!

All I've gathered so far is that the V2 has less treble / BT module sounds darker compare to V1

Yes that is not so easy to describe.

Give it a try. 2 years ago I bought the iSine20 with Cipher 1. It didn't sound bad. It needed EQ settings on the V1, otherwise it had a hole in the mids and highs. Awkward to hear. But with EQ the problem could be solved.

Later, the Cipher V2s came out. That's what I ordered. It was a horse of a different colour. Much more balanced. Has more power, therefore much more powerful drive. Especially in the basses. They came really strong, precise and clean. Also very nice middles and highs. Well the iSine is a somewhat "hard" headphone! There the i3 and i4 are much more velvety. But the V2 are very good, also in combination with the i3. Sufficient power, very clean and perfectly tuned. No EQ correction is required, although this can be done easily via the app.

Later I ordered the BT Cipher. A single disappointment and a complete misinvestment. It's definitely not high-end. For me only an emergency solution if you don't want a cable to your mobile phone. It clearly lacks power. Where you turn the V2 cable up to halfway for correct volume, you screw the BT 3/4 up. Basses not as powerful as with cable. Trebles on top as cut off, somehow the uppermost frequency band is missing. Well, you get used to it over time and it works. But if you switch directly from the cable to the BT, you would like to knock the thing into the bin. I wouldn't buy it anymore.

The i3 came with it ex works and was exactly the same. Audeze will have to do some more work on that. The big disadvantage is that the Audeze HQ does not work with the Cipher BT. You cannot use EQ and you cannot make software updates. This is also extremely unfortunate.

Hence my recommendation, if you already have iSine20 with cipher, save the investment in the BT module. Thrown out money. My opinion. You read other things too. But the difference is definitely big.

If you want to know more, just ask!

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2020 at 3:37 PM Post #7,122 of 7,353
Yes that is not so easy to describe.

Give it a try. 2 years ago I bought the iSine20 with Cipher 1. It didn't sound bad. It needed EQ settings on the V1, otherwise it had a hole in the mids and highs. Awkward to hear. But with EQ the problem could be solved.

Later, the Cipher V2s came out. That's what I ordered. It was a horse of a different colour. Much more balanced. Has more power, therefore much more powerful drive. Especially in the basses. They came really strong, precise and clean. Also very nice middles and highs. Well the iSine is a somewhat "hard" headphone! There the i3 and i4 are much more velvety. But the V2 are very good, also in combination with the i3. Sufficient power, very clean and perfectly tuned. No EQ correction is required, although this can be done easily via the app.

Later I ordered the BT Cipher. A single disappointment and a complete misinvestment. It's definitely not high-end. For me only an emergency solution if you don't want a cable to your mobile phone. It clearly lacks power. Where you turn the V2 cable up to halfway for correct volume, you screw the BT 3/4 up. Basses not as powerful as with cable. Trebles on top as cut off, somehow the uppermost frequency band is missing. Well, you get used to it over time and it works. But if you switch directly from the cable to the BT, you would like to knock the thing into the bin. I wouldn't buy it anymore.

The i3 came with it ex works and was exactly the same. Audeze will have to do some more work on that. The big disadvantage is that the Audeze HQ does not work with the Cipher BT. You cannot use EQ and you cannot make software updates. This is also extremely unfortunate.

Hence my recommendation, if you already have iSine20 with cipher, save the investment in the BT module. Thrown out money. My opinion. You read other things too. But the difference is definitely big.

If you want to know more, just ask!
Thank you. That's a shame. I'm waiting for some time to test my newly arrived BT module. I only have the v1 so I can only test it against that. No idea how V2 sounds like but according to a post from Audeze on Reddit, v2 and BT are similarly tuned

Link: Audeze iSine BT FR similar to V2

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2020 at 3:44 PM Post #7,123 of 7,353
I thought the iSine 20 with cipher graph is the V1 isine cipher cable?
The only differences in cable, as far as I know, are iSine cipher v1 vs v2/BT and they are also different from i4's cipher cable (v1) and i3 cipher(v2)/BT cable.

In terms of hardware, all V1, V2 and BT modules are the same. There are only different DSP curves depending on the listener on it. You can swap them all between iSine, i3 and i4. Doesn't sound perfect then.

For the i3 and i4 the curves are the same. They are fully interchangeable. Also the BT modules. I have written a lot about it under the i4 thread.

i3 sounds sensational with Cipher V2! A dream, almost a perfect headphone. The i3 also has the lowest sensitivity of all and is the easiest to drive. Means it needs the least power. That's why it sounds so good with the cable ciphers.

i4 with cipher on the other hand I don't like at all. It simply needs an extremely high level of power to develop its potential. Therefore you often read in forums that it would be overpriced, sounds bad, far below price etc. But this is not true, it just needs massive power to blossom. Then there is no better and he can take on the most expensive planars. I use the i4 exclusively balanced on the iCan. It's 14 watts! Yes, there is then a huge difference, especially to the iSine. But he then also massively hangs off the i3, although it comes very close to him. I need the i3 mainly via cipher on the iPhone. Sounds brilliant, as already mentioned.

The i3 clearly has the best price/performance ratio. A sensational listener. Always say that it meets the i4 to 85-90%. But yes, if you have heard i4 balanced on a powerful amplifier, it is hard to beat. It simply sounds extremely precise, wonderfully crisp bass, extremely fine treble without becoming garish or annoying. The iSine is the cudgel against it. Also stage, wide, dynamic, everything even better on the i4.

But as I said, the i3 is also top. A huge step forward to the iSine.

Jun 17, 2020 at 3:50 PM Post #7,124 of 7,353
according to a post from Audeze on Reddit, v2 and BT are similarly tuned

Link: Audeze iSine BT FR similar to V2

Total bullxxxx. There's a world of difference between V2 and BT. As mentioned in your link, the trebles are missing, basses too little pressure and simply too little juice in the whole! And just extremely annoying that the Audeze HQ app does not work. Otherwise you could use EQ to get things moving. But not like this.

The difference from V1 to V2 is very big. If I were you, I would have bought the V2 cable and done without BT. V2 is definitely much better than V1, more power, much better tuned to the iSine. Like I said, it doesn't need EQ. It sounds really great and you can get deafening volume or distortion! You don't get that at BT.

I got two of these stupid BT cables now. Yeah, I'll throw them away eventually. I don't need them. Always listen with a wire. I'm already fed up with the eternal charging, the mobile phone is enough and if you have to charge all the headphones as well, it gets really tedious. Also there so stupidly made, smallest rubber lid over the charging plug, which one hardly gets open.

No dear Audeze, the BT is a flop, unfortunately I cannot say otherwise! Please detain and rework!

Jun 17, 2020 at 5:46 PM Post #7,125 of 7,353
Total bullxxxx. There's a world of difference between V2 and BT. As mentioned in your link, the trebles are missing, basses too little pressure and simply too little juice in the whole! And just extremely annoying that the Audeze HQ app does not work. Otherwise you could use EQ to get things moving. But not like this.

The difference from V1 to V2 is very big. If I were you, I would have bought the V2 cable and done without BT. V2 is definitely much better than V1, more power, much better tuned to the iSine. Like I said, it doesn't need EQ. It sounds really great and you can get deafening volume or distortion! You don't get that at BT.

I got two of these stupid BT cables now. Yeah, I'll throw them away eventually. I don't need them. Always listen with a wire. I'm already fed up with the eternal charging, the mobile phone is enough and if you have to charge all the headphones as well, it gets really tedious. Also there so stupidly made, smallest rubber lid over the charging plug, which one hardly gets open.

No dear Audeze, the BT is a flop, unfortunately I cannot say otherwise! Please detain and rework!

sell those BT cables, don’t throw them away 😅

Users who are viewing this thread

Back