Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Jun 17, 2020 at 8:01 PM Post #7,126 of 7,353
Total bullxxxx. There's a world of difference between V2 and BT. As mentioned in your link, the trebles are missing, basses too little pressure and simply too little juice in the whole! And just extremely annoying that the Audeze HQ app does not work. Otherwise you could use EQ to get things moving. But not like this.

The difference from V1 to V2 is very big. If I were you, I would have bought the V2 cable and done without BT. V2 is definitely much better than V1, more power, much better tuned to the iSine. Like I said, it doesn't need EQ. It sounds really great and you can get deafening volume or distortion! You don't get that at BT.

I got two of these stupid BT cables now. Yeah, I'll throw them away eventually. I don't need them. Always listen with a wire. I'm already fed up with the eternal charging, the mobile phone is enough and if you have to charge all the headphones as well, it gets really tedious. Also there so stupidly made, smallest rubber lid over the charging plug, which one hardly gets open.

No dear Audeze, the BT is a flop, unfortunately I cannot say otherwise! Please detain and rework!
Thank you for the impressions.

Unfortunately, I'm quite hooked on wireless so I probably end up using it (and I have Andoird). I had little time a few hours ago to unbox it and the cable itself is pretty high quality compare to my other cables I got from Amazon (mostly Chinese/generic).
From memory, the build is a bit better than Shure's and lighter than RHA's. But, I HATE the damn micro USB....why???!!!

I will update back with a more detail impression, but for a quick 15 min listening, I have to agree with you how the treble isn't as pronounced. However, I can't say I hate it. It's a nice change compare to stock cipher V1. I do, however, feel like the bass is a bit more though, which I don't mind at all. I'd love to try the V2 given how much you praised that.

The i3 seems like a distant purchase for now. I've been seeing mixed reviews so it kinda put me off.

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2020 at 4:01 AM Post #7,127 of 7,353
When I bought my iSine10 directly from Audeze it was during a sale where I got the 3.5mm, Cipher V2, and BT cable all for one very low price (It was $300 a year ago). I definitely prefer the V2 cable for serious listening, but the BT is not terrible if I use my iPhone treble booster EQ and need to be hands free.

Jun 18, 2020 at 4:07 AM Post #7,128 of 7,353
When I bought my iSine10 directly from Audeze it was during a sale where I got the 3.5mm, Cipher V2, and BT cable all for one very low price (It was $300 a year ago). I definitely prefer the V2 cable for serious listening, but the BT is not terrible if I use my iPhone treble booster EQ and need to be hands free.

Do you listen to Apple Music? Where is there EQ? Never found. Does the Qobuz have one? Unfortunately not yet found!

Jun 18, 2020 at 4:53 PM Post #7,129 of 7,353
Do you listen to Apple Music? Where is there EQ? Never found. Does the Qobuz have one? Unfortunately not yet found!

I have about 100GB of lossless CD rips and HDtracks downloads on my iPhone, and use Apple Music for that. The EQ is in "Settings > Music > scroll down to Playback > EQ"

Most EQ work okay except for those that boost bass which often can cause some distortion. So, "Treble Booster" is fine.

On my Macintosh I use an app from Rogue Amoeba called "Sound Source" which lets me EQ everything the system puts out, or just EQ on an app by app basis, or for only one output like BT or the Cipher cable with an Anker USB-C to Lightning adapter.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2020 at 7:39 PM Post #7,130 of 7,353
Total bullxxxx. There's a world of difference between V2 and BT. As mentioned in your link, the trebles are missing, basses too little pressure and simply too little juice in the whole! And just extremely annoying that the Audeze HQ app does not work. Otherwise you could use EQ to get things moving. But not like this.

The difference from V1 to V2 is very big. If I were you, I would have bought the V2 cable and done without BT. V2 is definitely much better than V1, more power, much better tuned to the iSine. Like I said, it doesn't need EQ. It sounds really great and you can get deafening volume or distortion! You don't get that at BT.

I got two of these stupid BT cables now. Yeah, I'll throw them away eventually. I don't need them. Always listen with a wire. I'm already fed up with the eternal charging, the mobile phone is enough and if you have to charge all the headphones as well, it gets really tedious. Also there so stupidly made, smallest rubber lid over the charging plug, which one hardly gets open.

No dear Audeze, the BT is a flop, unfortunately I cannot say otherwise! Please detain and rework!
Ok. After a few days with the BT module. I'll eat my words. You're right.

The BT doesn't sound nearly as good as cipher lighting. The bass is ok for me, but what irks me is the reduced treble. I didn't think I'd mind it that much but I'm 100% sure it needs a little bit lift, not too much, but it does.

Still, I need it to use with Android and the wireless aspect is necessary (USB C adapter doesn't work with calls), I'd have to use it with a little bit of EQ on top.

Can you share the EQ settings for the CBT? I'm looking to EQ suggestions for the CBT since I can't use wired.

Jun 22, 2020 at 1:27 AM Post #7,131 of 7,353
Ok. After a few days with the BT module. I'll eat my words. You're right.

The BT doesn't sound nearly as good as cipher lighting. The bass is ok for me, but what irks me is the reduced treble. I didn't think I'd mind it that much but I'm 100% sure it needs a little bit lift, not too much, but it does.

Still, I need it to use with Android and the wireless aspect is necessary (USB C adapter doesn't work with calls), I'd have to use it with a little bit of EQ on top.

Can you share the EQ settings for the CBT? I'm looking to EQ suggestions for the CBT since I can't use wired.

I mentioned above a couple of times that I'm using preset "treble booster" in iPhone music settings, or in Rogue Amoeba "Sound Source" app on Macintosh. Unfortunately the built-in EQ on iPhone doesn't show what it's doing, but the one in Sound Source does.

Apple Music Settings on iPhone
IMG_6549.png

SoundSource on MacBook Pro (I don't have Audeze connected right now).
Screenshot 2020-06-21 23.23.01.png

SoundSource Also allows some Apple "Effects" that I have never tried.
Screenshot 2020-06-21 23.23.25.png

Jun 22, 2020 at 7:39 AM Post #7,132 of 7,353
I mentioned above a couple of times that I'm using preset "treble booster" in iPhone music settings, or in Rogue Amoeba "Sound Source" app on Macintosh. Unfortunately the built-in EQ on iPhone doesn't show what it's doing, but the one in Sound Source does.

Apple Music Settings on iPhone
IMG_6549.png

SoundSource on MacBook Pro (I don't have Audeze connected right now).
Screenshot 2020-06-21 23.23.01.png

SoundSource Also allows some Apple "Effects" that I have never tried.
Screenshot 2020-06-21 23.23.25.png
Thanks. Yeah I couldn't find the exact changes from Google with "Apple treble boost"

Jun 26, 2020 at 11:22 PM Post #7,137 of 7,353
Just tried the ear find out, it sucks but I think it's worth the 25 bucks.

Jun 27, 2020 at 12:20 AM Post #7,139 of 7,353
I'm using the tripowin C8 .78 cable. I had to peal the heat shrink off the end to make it straight instead of having the ear loops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back