Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Jun 3, 2020 at 3:57 PM Post #7,096 of 7,353
I've been using iSine 20 with a R6 > UAPP > Morphit > Q5 amp combination and have been happy with the resulting EQ'd sound.

I'm switching over to using a Mojo for the DAC/amp and will likely be using a R3 Pro as a transport for the Mojo (taking advantage of the matching size pairing in a 3D printed case).

My question: has any one had experience EQ'ing the iSine 20 using Hiby's MSEB or 10-band standard EQ? The R3 Pro streams Tidal/Qobuz like I want, but I won't have access to a parametric equalizer or Morphit. I'm trying to decide how best to EQ the iSine 20s without the benefit of UAPP and Tonebooster's excellent plugins (Morphit *or* PEQ).

TIA for any help!

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2020 at 11:25 PM Post #7,097 of 7,353
I've been using iSine 10 with cipher V1 and this profile. Everything sounds evenly and that harsh 4K is gone.
Anyone prefer V1 cipher over the V2?

20200603_230055.jpg

Jun 4, 2020 at 10:11 PM Post #7,099 of 7,353
Thanks. I missed that.

Yeah its the Bluetooth cable but I did just receive my balanced cable and will be trying that with my Hiby R5 and MP 788+887 stack.

Jun 5, 2020 at 2:37 AM Post #7,100 of 7,353
Hi.
I use the Anker usb C adapter with Sine10, my macbook and Sony nwzx507 dap.

It works flawlessly. Im also using it for conf calls from the macbook.
Sony DAP has a very good EQ capabilities but Im still not able to get the same sound as im getting via the usb c adapter

anyone uses a USB C adapter with the cipher cable? My Belkin adapter works for audio but does not work for phone calls

Jun 5, 2020 at 9:41 AM Post #7,101 of 7,353
Hi.
I use the Anker usb C adapter with Sine10, my macbook and Sony nwzx507 dap.

It works flawlessly. Im also using it for conf calls from the macbook.
Sony DAP has a very good EQ capabilities but Im still not able to get the same sound as im getting via the usb c adapter
Hmm...I guess it only happens to Android phones. Weird

Jun 10, 2020 at 12:41 AM Post #7,103 of 7,353
Anyone who still has the Cipher V1 with the iSine, I can only recommend getting the V2. I bought mine also with the V1. But it was really not ideal. Yes you needed EQ settings until it became usable. But even then rather bad than right.

With the V2 you have the feeling, it would be a completely new headphone. They are definitely worlds. Sound much better, more power, much cleaner bass, mid and high frequencies gain massively. You don't need an EQ setting anymore. The tuning of the DSP is much more successful than with the V1.

You can say it like that, the V1 was a nice attempt that went thoroughly wrong. The V2 was then very good and is more than useful.

Therefore it is definitely worth buying the V2!

Jun 10, 2020 at 12:45 AM Post #7,104 of 7,353
I also bought the BT module for the iSine20. But if I could have saved myself the trouble, it was rather a bad investment.

I do not like the sound via BT module at all. The Cipher V2 is much better. For the emergency it works, but sound is definitely not enjoyable. Audeze still has to do a lot of rework!

What is also extremely annoying is that with the BT module, the EQ settings from the app do not work. Also no software update is possible.

Definitely a bad buy that I would never make again!

The sound is "tepid". The power is missing. Sounds like a slightly better AirPods 1, but even the new AirPods Pro sounds better! Unfortunately!

Jun 10, 2020 at 12:33 PM Post #7,108 of 7,353
I also bought the BT module for the iSine20. But if I could have saved myself the trouble, it was rather a bad investment.

I do not like the sound via BT module at all. The Cipher V2 is much better. For the emergency it works, but sound is definitely not enjoyable. Audeze still has to do a lot of rework!

What is also extremely annoying is that with the BT module, the EQ settings from the app do not work. Also no software update is possible.

Definitely a bad buy that I would never make again!

The sound is "tepid". The power is missing. Sounds like a slightly better AirPods 1, but even the new AirPods Pro sounds better! Unfortunately!

Hmm....i was under the impression that the BT module is tuned similarly to V2, which should be less treble energy compare to V1. Wanna sell me your BT module? lol (i'm in the US though)

I quite like the sound of my iSine 20s but I struggle to get a good fit, I have the smallest smooth ear tips with the larger ear-hooks which is by far the comfiest fit but they tend to work loose after half an hour.

I bent my hooks until they point a bit toward my head (according to the mod someone posted here awhile ago). It then became very comfortable for me. Try grooved eartip or a size bigger with the hooks bent. See if that helps

Jun 10, 2020 at 4:38 PM Post #7,109 of 7,353
Thanks for the tip Ocelitgol but I think I'll end-up selling my iSine 20s - I did try all the tips, found the grooved tips were worse. I usually struggle with IEM's too but I have a very cheap pair of KZ ATE's which fit fine with foam tips, unfortunately they sound far too bright for my tastes but they're fine for listening to podcasts and videos.

I'd tried the Audeze i3s (I think) at a show last year, they fitted perfectly fine for the ten minutes that I'd tested them and they sounded impressive, sadly they weren't in the B-stock sale so I opted for the iSine 20s instead.

Jun 10, 2020 at 5:11 PM Post #7,110 of 7,353
Thanks for the tip Ocelitgol but I think I'll end-up selling my iSine 20s - I did try all the tips, found the grooved tips were worse. I usually struggle with IEM's too but I have a very cheap pair of KZ ATE's which fit fine with foam tips, unfortunately they sound far too bright for my tastes but they're fine for listening to podcasts and videos.

I'd tried the Audeze i3s (I think) at a show last year, they fitted perfectly fine for the ten minutes that I'd tested them and they sounded impressive, sadly they weren't in the B-stock sale so I opted for the iSine 20s instead.

That's a shame. I haven't had the chance to try out iSine 20 or the new i3 (the reviews seem different with each other).
For me, the groved tips itch my ears a bit at first, but after a few minutes, it went away. I'd buy your iSine 20 but i'm in the US :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back