Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
May 25, 2020 at 4:04 PM Post #7,081 of 7,355
May 25, 2020 at 4:28 PM Post #7,082 of 7,355
There is no way that my iSine 10s with my V2 cipher cable sounded anything like these graphs depict. Granted, the graphs are of the iSine 20 with cipher, but I couldn’t find any graphs of the iSine 10 with cipher.

8A2CD64B-BFE4-49B5-83A1-21A1EF3A63CC.png835D74AA-0431-433E-ADC7-587BB5577E0D.jpeg

May 26, 2020 at 5:55 PM Post #7,085 of 7,355
Ok...so I finally got the iSine 10. I'm used to IEM and I have no idea if I get a good seal. Anyone got any insight?
It’s an open back IEM, so you will never get a pressured seal. I’d probably use the largest tip that fits, so that the IEM is snug in your ear canal. How does it sound? B/c they are open back, I only use them at home in a quiet environment. I find the ear hooks very uncomfortable, so I don’t use them, and only have them secured with the smooth ear tips. I’d say if they fit snug enough to hold the IEMs w/o ear hooks or ear locks, it’s probably seated well.

May 26, 2020 at 6:28 PM Post #7,086 of 7,355
It’s an open back IEM, so you will never get a pressured seal. I’d probably use the largest tip that fits, so that the IEM is snug in your ear canal. How does it sound? B/c they are open back, I only use them at home in a quiet environment. I find the ear hooks very uncomfortable, so I don’t use them, and only have them secured with the smooth ear tips. I’d say if they fit snug enough to hold the IEMs w/o ear hooks or ear locks, it’s probably seated well.

Thanks. I notice that after trying every single combination possible with stock tips. Settled with medium smooth tips though.

So I bought it used from a user from Reddit, it only includes the earhooks, which I agree that it hurts my ears after 30 min (I'm testing the bigger hooks right now, so far so good). I was hoping to test it with the ear locks but it's not a big deal.
Since I don't have an Apple device and I'm waiting for the Anker adapter, I tested with analog on Note 9 and switch back and forth between stock and AutoEQ' iSine 10 profile using Wavelet app.

Stock: so dark and muffle. I knew it's gonna be bad from all the reviews I've read but damn, didn't realize it sounds worse than other $50 iem to me. It sounds exactly like when someone blasts music through a tin can. Kinda small, far distance, veiled, whatever you wanna call that sensation.

AutoEQ: a lot better. It eq toward the Harman curve (as far as I know) and I'm not sure how far that is compare to Audeze cipher. But it is a lot better. I can see the driver's potentials. Airy and punchy, but the highs seems a bit much. I'm listening on Spotify and some songs actually sound too harsh at times. I would put it along $100 - $200 good iem.

Next, I'm gonna test cipher EQ from this thread. Very excited since the headphones itself is pretty capable. EQing didn't introduce any distortion regardless how much I pushed.

Initial impression is that I'm extremely happy that I got this for $100 :)

May 26, 2020 at 6:46 PM Post #7,087 of 7,355
Thanks. I notice that after trying every single combination possible with stock tips. Settled with medium smooth tips though.

So I bought it used from a user from Reddit, it only includes the earhooks, which I agree that it hurts my ears after 30 min (I'm testing the bigger hooks right now, so far so good). I was hoping to test it with the ear locks but it's not a big deal.
Since I don't have an Apple device and I'm waiting for the Anker adapter, I tested with analog on Note 9 and switch back and forth between stock and AutoEQ' iSine 10 profile using Wavelet app.

Stock: so dark and muffle. I knew it's gonna be bad from all the reviews I've read but damn, didn't realize it sounds worse than other $50 iem to me. It sounds exactly like when someone blasts music through a tin can. Kinda small, far distance, veiled, whatever you wanna call that sensation.

AutoEQ: a lot better. It eq toward the Harman curve (as far as I know) and I'm not sure how far that is compare to Audeze cipher. But it is a lot better. I can see the driver's potentials. Airy and punchy, but the highs seems a bit much. I'm listening on Spotify and some songs actually sound too harsh at times. I would put it along $100 - $200 good iem.

Next, I'm gonna test cipher EQ from this thread. Very excited since the headphones itself is pretty capable. EQing didn't introduce any distortion regardless how much I pushed.

Initial impression is that I'm extremely happy that I got this for $100 :)

Glad you like them! Yes, EQ is an essential part of these IEMs. Once you play around with it for a while, I’m sure you’ll get it to sound even better for you. Although they need EQ, the beauty of it is that they can handle and respond well to a bunch of EQ.

Jun 1, 2020 at 1:43 PM Post #7,089 of 7,355
What spiral dot size would be the best if I use the large stock tips
Honestly, I think the stock tips fit best with these. The nozzle is very wide. I tried fitting my spiral but I had to stretch it and it does not feel good.
Spiral is a bit smaller than stock tips I believe. Maybe try L or XL spiral? I also read that some people like the Spinfit ones.

Glad you like them! Yes, EQ is an essential part of these IEMs. Once you play around with it for a while, I’m sure you’ll get it to sound even better for you. Although they need EQ, the beauty of it is that they can handle and respond well to a bunch of EQ.

So i've been trying different EQ with iSine 10 and the Cipher V1 cable. Honestly, it stock Cipher is just a tad shouty. However, compare to analog, it's night and day for me. Most noticeable is the expanded soundstage and bass. I don't hate the stock cipher actually, but lowering that 4K did wonders. I read back a few hundred posts and found that V2 has less treble energy than V1? if so, that's pretty tempting for me to find a used V2 cable or the iSine CBT cable.

Jun 1, 2020 at 7:18 PM Post #7,090 of 7,355
So i've been trying different EQ with iSine 10 and the Cipher V1 cable. Honestly, it stock Cipher is just a tad shouty. However, compare to analog, it's night and day for me. Most noticeable is the expanded soundstage and bass. I don't hate the stock cipher actually, but lowering that 4K did wonders. I read back a few hundred posts and found that V2 has less treble energy than V1? if so, that's pretty tempting for me to find a used V2 cable or the iSine CBT cable.

You could go for the V2 Cipher, but I think it‘s easier to just adjust the EQ of your V1 Cipher cable to your tastes. If my V2 cable is representative of all V2 Cipher‘s tuning, it’s quite dark and sounds veiled.

Jun 1, 2020 at 9:33 PM Post #7,091 of 7,355
You could go for the V2 Cipher, but I think it‘s easier to just adjust the EQ of your V1 Cipher cable to your tastes. If my V2 cable is representative of all V2 Cipher‘s tuning, it’s quite dark and sounds veiled.
Hmm...that is a shame if true. I was gonna go for it because its lighter as well

Jun 2, 2020 at 5:36 AM Post #7,092 of 7,355
Well just got the BT cipher cable for the 10s and it sounds great but man I like the volume more when using my desk top amps.

Jun 2, 2020 at 11:53 AM Post #7,093 of 7,355
Well just got the BT cipher cable for the 10s and it sounds great but man I like the volume more when using my desk top amps.
Which version of Cipher cable? Do you like the sound with the EQ set to flat? Thanks.

Jun 2, 2020 at 6:29 PM Post #7,095 of 7,355

Users who are viewing this thread

Back