Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Sep 29, 2016 at 9:16 AM Post #528 of 7,352
  Will this EQ curve be available for users who dont use smart phones and would like to use their DAP with analog cable?

Yes. We don't want to create the wrong impression that you need EQ to make it sound good. As you can see from most posts, the iSines sound really good straight out of the analog cable. The DSP can enhance it. We will provide some suggested curves for other players when it releases. What player do you use ?

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Sep 29, 2016 at 9:38 PM Post #530 of 7,352
i'm also very curious about the curve or dsp options.  I hope you release the curve so we can mimic it on our non lightning cable devices.
Can we program a custom eq curve into the memory? that would be huge!

thanks

Sep 30, 2016 at 3:37 AM Post #531 of 7,352
  i'm also very curious about the curve or dsp options.  I hope you release the curve so we can mimic it on our non lightning cable devices.
Can we program a custom eq curve into the memory? that would be huge!

thanks

You can save EQ curves in UAPP Android USB DAC application, and they also have a parametric EQ add-on option now from toneboosters company.

Sep 30, 2016 at 2:42 PM Post #533 of 7,352
Clear sounds good. hope they do that other style as well.  cant remember what they call them, they hook on to the inner ear curve thingy :wink: but they can be comfortable.  Coming from customs this could be interesting...
so far everything about the 20 sounds really good.  I'm a big fan of eq so this is appealing to me more and more.

Sep 30, 2016 at 5:58 PM Post #534 of 7,352
I might give the 10 (CIPHER cable) another listen at the AES conference tomorrow. They have a different ear hook than last time, being larger-looking clear hooks instead, and it'll be a chance to test out noise isolation.

Let us know about the graininess you heard before. And the differences between the 10 and the 20.

Sep 30, 2016 at 8:13 PM Post #535 of 7,352
Let us know about the graininess you heard before. And the differences between the 10 and the 20.

When I passed by to say hello yesterday, I only saw the 10 being demoed, so I'm not sure if the 20 will be there too. I'm guessing they will be at RMAF though, so there's always the chance to hear them next week. : p

Oct 2, 2016 at 1:25 AM Post #537 of 7,352

Wow, that sounded much better than I heard before.

Isolation is only okay, maybe -5 dB SPL at best? If you play music you drown out more noise, but that defeats the purpose of passive noise isolation in the first place. You might as well say speakers have great noise isolation if you turn it up loud enough. XD

10 with CIPHER:
  • Bass is bumped up from last time and is much more present; I'd say it was fairly neutral in the Olive-Welti/Harman sense (+5 dB from the diffuse-field target curve) and reminded me of my PM-3, but faster
  • Treble didn't seem as grainy per se, but there was a 9-10 kHz peak somewhere that made it sparkly
  • Not as bright as I remembered hearing it last time
  • Better sense of instrument separation/space between instruments than I remember from last time

20 with CIPHER:
  • More refined-sounding overall compared to the 10
  • Better instrument separation/space between instruments
  • More balanced sound in terms of bass to midrange to treble
  • Treble peak seemed a little more prominent than the 10, which may give the impression of more detail

Actually I preferred the 10 in this noisy listening environment because of its bigger bass presence and not-as prominent treble peak (both are qualities I tend to prefer for headphones when in a noisy environment).

Really great stuff (once again)! I might order a 10 myself if I can hear it again with the 3.5 mm cable (I don't have a Lightning device), or with a suggested EQ as stated above...or better yet, if a USB-C cable is in the works.

Dat bass

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwBS6QGsH_4[/video]

Avi's deep notes were well-rendered with his distinctly textured voice

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOKuAigsrec[/video]

Oct 2, 2016 at 4:52 AM Post #538 of 7,352
Sounds like I don't have to bother with the iSine 20. Nice.
Now I just need to try them with the 3.5mm cable...local audio store told me they won't get it until mid November or so.

Oct 3, 2016 at 3:20 PM Post #540 of 7,352
Does anyone know if the noise leakage would be audible for someone sitting next to you on the bus? I actually like the idea of having less sound isolation since I always feel like I'm gonna get run over when I wear my IEMs, but at the same time I don't really want to annoy people with my music. Also, I need to be able to listen to Yanni's greatest hits without people judging me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back