Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Sep 26, 2016 at 10:07 AM Post #511 of 7,352
It's mostly a statement based on the amusement of a seemingly easy to drive IEM being capable of handling 3 watts.  That'd be more powerful than some laptop speakers.

Sep 26, 2016 at 2:20 PM Post #512 of 7,352
Whenever someone thinks a headphone is slightly lacking in bass, I pretty much accept it as a bass neutral headphone. Can't wait to get my hands on some awdeeze

Well in comparison I'm used to the bass on the STAX SRS-2170 and many people have the vibe that STAX don't have bass. The iSINE 10 I heard had less in quantity than that, and the SR-207 seems to have pretty "neutral" bass from the Innerfidelity measurements of my 207. Quality-wise though, it was definitely up there, and I really liked the bass it did have; I've never heard a bass as clean-sounding from an in-ear before. Typically I find in-ears to have a somewhat slow bass compared to over-ear headphones, and that simply didn't seem to be the case in the 10. Craziness!

Sep 26, 2016 at 3:42 PM Post #513 of 7,352
Quality-wise though, it was definitely up there, and I really liked the bass it did have; I've never heard a bass as clean-sounding from an in-ear before. Typically I find in-ears to have a somewhat slow bass compared to over-ear headphones, and that simply didn't seem to be the case in the 10. Craziness!

Jup, very tight and punchy bass.

Sep 27, 2016 at 12:37 PM Post #518 of 7,352
  Isine20 should be great for various hard rock and metal?

I got my hopes up. iSine 10 already seemed pretty good for those genres.
Will conduct further research once my audio stores has them.

Sep 27, 2016 at 6:04 PM Post #519 of 7,352
Hey, can anyone chime in on difference in sound signature between 10 and 20?
I've heard the 10s this weekend and I'm really impressed. They really sound full-bodied with nice dynamics. I'd say they still have all good qualities of overear LCDs like smoothness and lushness. The sound seems to be really effortless.
And addressing questions from last page - they have plenty of bass which offers great quality. They will definitely work with all metal genres in my opinion 

Sep 27, 2016 at 6:30 PM Post #520 of 7,352
  Hey, can anyone chime in on difference in sound signature between 10 and 20?
I've heard the 10s this weekend and I'm really impressed. They really sound full-bodied with nice dynamics. I'd say they still have all good qualities of overear LCDs like smoothness and lushness. The sound seems to be really effortless.
And addressing questions from last page - they have plenty of bass which offers great quality. They will definitely work with all metal genres in my opinion 

See posts #446 and #453 by Stacey.

Sep 28, 2016 at 11:38 AM Post #521 of 7,352
Would the isolation of the Isine iems be enough for long fairly quiet car rides?  On long trips sometimes my parents listen to an audio book on the car stereo.  Would that be something that would interfere with my musical enjoyment with the Isine 20?  They listen at moderate or lower volumes typically.

Sep 29, 2016 at 12:33 AM Post #522 of 7,352
iSine acoustic tuning on models in both Germany and the Source AV are the final tuning. There is no difference in sound. The visual differences are due to finishing variations which are still in the process of tweaking to get the final designed look. The units showed at SourceAV are closer to the final finish. 

The difference people heard in the sound are probably due to one or more of the following factors: 
- The presentation when using the lightning (CIPHER) cable is different from using the analog cable. With the lightning cable, we have leveraged the integrated DSP, think of this as our IEM house EQ curve. The differences people hear between the lightning and analog are very likely due to this. One could still apply an EQ on top of our tuning using the Audeze App.
- Many in-ears in the market have  elevated bass response. This is very obvious when we measure them. It is possible that many people are used to the elevated bass of IEMs. The bass response on iSine10 is completely flat down to 10Hz, which we consider neutral
- Proper Seal also affects the low frequency response. 

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Sep 29, 2016 at 3:39 AM Post #525 of 7,352

The difference people heard in the sound are probably due to one or more of the following factors: 
- The presentation when using the lightning (CIPHER) cable is different from using the analog cable. With the lightning cable, we have leveraged the integrated DSP, think of this as our IEM house EQ curve. The differences people hear between the lightning and analog are very likely due to this. One could still apply an EQ on top of our tuning using the Audeze App.

Will this EQ curve be available for users who dont use smart phones and would like to use their DAP with analog cable?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back