Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Nov 19, 2017 at 1:06 AM Post #4,156 of 7,352
Have connected V2 Cipher to IPad Air 2 first time with same eq settings as in IPhone 7.
Sound appears clearer, more spacious, better bass and treble.

Maybe its just imagination but I feel like my IPAD Air 2 sounds clearer and with better bass and dynamics than my IPhone 7 with the V2 Cipher.
Usually impossible as the DAC in the V2 is doing the conversion and amplification if I am not completely stupid

maybe the ipad is just louder by default? it wouldn't take much.

Nov 19, 2017 at 9:01 AM Post #4,157 of 7,352
Is the new V2 cord worth it vs. V1? I like this thing so much Im gonna get a 256gb iPhone to use only as a player as I have an Android phone and don't see anything in the near future for this.256gb of Tidal hifi and this will be "wait for it" Legendary!
You could instead invest in a better portable DAC\amp and use dbpoweramp to convert your music files while applying on them any DSP you like, including Reveal (again, whichever settings of Reveal you wish).
In the price of the iphone 7 256gb you can buy a really nice DAC/amp. or go with a portable player, like Fiio X5 Mark III.

Nov 19, 2017 at 9:33 AM Post #4,158 of 7,352
maybe the ipad is just louder by default? it wouldn't take much.

No, it’s not volume, it’s improved tone, at leas for me, with my iPad.

Nov 19, 2017 at 9:39 AM Post #4,159 of 7,352
You could instead invest in a better portable DAC\amp and use dbpoweramp to convert your music files while applying on them any DSP you like, including Reveal (again, whichever settings of Reveal you wish).
In the price of the iphone 7 256gb you can buy a really nice DAC/amp. or go with a portable player, like Fiio X5 Mark III.
Good advice!
Im probably going to buy the Fiio X7ii ( I have one coming next week to try) I can buy a 256gb on Craigslist for 350 which isn't to bad and I do have the Onkyo DP-X1 which sounds great but not the same as the V1 Cipher which I really enjoy. The Apple has zero issues with Tidal and sounds perfect to me in HIFI and 256gbs of my favorites is perfect as well. This is a never ending hobby. One thing I do like is trying to stay as portable and light as possible and I like having my phone as just a phone, I only use my phone as a source at the gym via Bluetooth.

Nov 19, 2017 at 9:55 AM Post #4,160 of 7,352
Good advice!
Im probably going to buy the Fiio X7ii ( I have one coming next week to try) I can buy a 256gb on Craigslist for 350 which isn't to bad and I do have the Onkyo DP-X1 which sounds great but not the same as the V1 Cipher which I really enjoy. The Apple has zero issues with Tidal and sounds perfect to me in HIFI and 256gbs of my favorites is perfect as well. This is a never ending hobby. One thing I do like is trying to stay as portable and light as possible and I like having my phone as just a phone, I only use my phone as a source at the gym via Bluetooth.
I have had nothing but problems with Tidal skipping on android devices like the Onyko when I download the music onto SD cards.
No problems with streaming Tidal though but due to this I am forgoing any android devices and like Apple for music much better using various portable dacs.

I had a HTC One Android phone several years ago and I had the same Tidal problems with downloaded tracks. One hiccup or so per every song. Just unacceptable and it clearly hasn't been fixed.

Nov 19, 2017 at 10:04 AM Post #4,161 of 7,352
I have had nothing but problems with Tidal skipping on android devices like the Onyko when I download the music onto SD cards.
No problems with streaming Tidal though but due to this I am forgoing any android devices and like Apple for music much better using various portable dacs.

I had a HTC One Android phone several years ago and I had the same Tidal problems with downloaded tracks. One hiccup or so per every song. Just unacceptable and it clearly hasn't been fixed.
Yeah that skipping issue has been with Android for quite a few years now, it sometimes works on Androids with the internal memory and almost always skips with the external mSD use. Having 256gb on the Apple is plenty for me. I do have 3tb of music but they are mostly 70s-90s and I use Tidal for the newer stuff I like which is where my Onkyo does great having 2 mSD slots.

Nov 20, 2017 at 10:28 AM Post #4,162 of 7,352
Just checking whether anybody is using these on an iPhone X? I'm finding that for phone calls, the microphones are unusable using the Cipher V1 or the V2. Extremely low level to the point where the far end can't hear me at all.
I've tested the phone and also a Westone mic/remote cable and both are fine. I did this my leaving messages to myself.
It's either the Ciphers (both being faulty would be highly unlikely) or the iPhone X/Cipher compatibility and I don't recall having this issue with my iPhone 7.

I'll test with my wife's 6S later

Can anyone verify or whatever he opposite of verify is please?

Nov 20, 2017 at 10:58 AM Post #4,163 of 7,352
Just checking whether anybody is using these on an iPhone X? I'm finding that for phone calls, the microphones are unusable using the Cipher V1 or the V2. Extremely low level to the point where the far end can't hear me at all.
I've tested the phone and also a Westone mic/remote cable and both are fine. I did this my leaving messages to myself.
It's either the Ciphers (both being faulty would be highly unlikely) or the iPhone X/Cipher compatibility and I don't recall having this issue with my iPhone 7.

Both Ciphers worked well with my 6+, the V2 is superior.

Nov 20, 2017 at 11:02 AM Post #4,164 of 7,352
Nov 20, 2017 at 8:02 PM Post #4,165 of 7,352
New owner here. I recently started testing the cipher cable (v1) and i have a few questions. After installing the audeze app both the eq presets are the exact same ( all sliders in the middle ) is this normal for the app? I installed the new firmware and even tried the reset button but both the presets are still the the exact same with no changes. Just wondering if this is normal behavior for the app

Nov 20, 2017 at 8:12 PM Post #4,166 of 7,352

I have the iPhone X. It works fine on the X the 7 and even my iPad Pro. Have you updated all your software?

Nov 20, 2017 at 8:21 PM Post #4,167 of 7,352
New owner here. I recently started testing the cipher cable (v1) and i have a few questions. After installing the audeze app both the eq presets are the exact same ( all sliders in the middle ) is this normal for the app? I installed the new firmware and even tried the reset button but both the presets are still the the exact same with no changes. Just wondering if this is normal behavior for the app
Yes this is normal . You make the changes to your sound preferences .

Nov 20, 2017 at 9:05 PM Post #4,169 of 7,352
Oh alright thanks for clarifying. I was just under the impression there was an eq applied when you use the cipher cable so when i saw all the slides being in the middle i thought there was a mistake.

The Cipher has an in built tuning/EQ. If you want to alter it then you can use the app. Anything you do on the app is applied on top of what the Cipher has.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2017 at 1:15 AM Post #4,170 of 7,352
I also noticed after updating the firmware from stock to the latest version my ideal volume level went from around 2-3 volume steps to 5-6 steps. I couldn't find patch notes on all the versions of the app so i"m not certain if this is the result of a past versions changes or if it's something i should look into.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back