Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Nov 10, 2017 at 1:38 AM Post #4,081 of 7,352
90% of the time I prefer the open design, I hate being out in public without being able to hear anything. I'm extra okay with other people assuming I can't hear anything :) But I do keep a cheap but decent pair of IEMs around for that last 10%

Same. That's why I went with the 1more Quads. They're one of the better$200 options as a closed compliment to these. I also use the PX, QC35 and Airoids depending on the situation and what I want to use. All mobile, all the time. Next up is the LRA GrapheneQ. Then maybe the i4 if there's ever lossless Spotify. But only if that happens.

Nov 10, 2017 at 1:46 AM Post #4,082 of 7,352
RE; BT5: I believe Audeze has mentioned their excitement over Cipher as a platform. Early in this thread they mentioned the investigation into lightning, USB-C and BT5. Given their focus on fidelity, I'd hazard to guess they might be waiting for BT5 to update the SBC standard to perform at the level of LDAC and AptX-HD before making a move. Planar drivers are so revealing that I️ don’t think they’re right for the current wireless ecosystem.

Whenever they do come, I️ have to imagine either over-ear, on-ear or neckbuds. The Cipher hardware is no joke and just about the size of an AirPod without drivers or batteries. Pulling off truly wireless fidelity with a planar driver kinda doesn’t seem realistic.

Nov 10, 2017 at 10:08 AM Post #4,083 of 7,352
Gonna ask this one again. I recently switched from my Android Setup of DF Red using USB Audio and Tidal Hifi to an IPhone. I have a cipher cable and an new cipher coming. All of my listening is via cell phone. Is there any advantage to using the DF Red over the Cipher with the IPhone as the source? Using Android, I needed to use Kmann's EQ settings to get a sound I liked. If I use the DF Red over IPhone do I need to EQ again and, if so, what APP would give me a comparable listening experience to USB Audio. I'm beginning to think the DF Red may not offer much in the way of benefits over the cipher. I enjoy the cipher sound even though I agree it's a bit more processed than the DF Red. Thanks.

Nov 10, 2017 at 11:07 AM Post #4,084 of 7,352
Gonna ask this one again. I recently switched from my Android Setup of DF Red using USB Audio and Tidal Hifi to an IPhone. I have a cipher cable and an new cipher coming. All of my listening is via cell phone. Is there any advantage to using the DF Red over the Cipher with the IPhone as the source? Using Android, I needed to use Kmann's EQ settings to get a sound I liked. If I use the DF Red over IPhone do I need to EQ again and, if so, what APP would give me a comparable listening experience to USB Audio. I'm beginning to think the DF Red may not offer much in the way of benefits over the cipher. I enjoy the cipher sound even though I agree it's a bit more processed than the DF Red. Thanks.
If you don't want the custom tailored Audeze EQ go DF Red, but if you do like the EQ Audeze applies go for the Cipher.

Nov 10, 2017 at 11:20 AM Post #4,086 of 7,352
Thanks.

Thanks. If I go DF Red, how do I EQ it over iPhone?
It depends on what you use to listen to music off of your iPhone. There are several apps that you can use to add parametric eq to the in built in music app and/or Spotify (there is also an in built basic eq in the app itself). If you use Tidal, you are mostly out of luck...there’s a sennheiser app called captune that lets you add eq to Tidal, but the interface is so clunky it is effectively impossible to get good results in my experience.

Nov 10, 2017 at 11:25 AM Post #4,088 of 7,352
If you have an iphone, just go with the cipher cable. Don't know if iphone has an app that provides parametric EQ. You want parametric EQ, not graphical or fixed bad EQ.

This is where Android shines. Certain phones output high bit rate to an external DAC, and there are music player software with parametric EQ. But, there is no cipher cable for Android devices unfortunately.

Why you need parametric EQ is to specify a precise frequency to drop the gain, notably 1.5khz where the problem of shouty mids come from. I have yet to see graphical EQ let you adjust 1.5khz.

Nov 10, 2017 at 11:45 AM Post #4,089 of 7,352
The Cipher V2 Lightning cable for iSINE 10 & iSine 20.

What’s new in V2?
... ....

FullSizeRender.jpg

I hope the new Cable is not that 'touchy' like the V1

Nov 10, 2017 at 12:14 PM Post #4,090 of 7,352
Can the cipher cable be used as follows:

MacBook>hugo2>cipher cable>i4?
Or
MacBook>cipher cable>hugo2>i4

Thank you.
It would be MacBook>Cipher>i4
The Cipher has a lightning connector which would go into your Apple device.
If you want to use the hugo2, you will need the standard cable from i4 to hugo2 and Apple CCK from hugo2 to MacBook.

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2017 at 5:15 PM Post #4,093 of 7,352
Okay, I’m a slow adapter, just received my iSine 20 today with V1 Lightening Cable. All I can say is damn, I’m impressed, these babies rock! I have the V2 Cable getting here tomorrow so I’ll do some head to head comparisons. A big thanks to Matt for the recommendation!

Nov 10, 2017 at 8:59 PM Post #4,095 of 7,352
Is there suppose to be a difference in sound between the old cable and the new 4 button one? I see you can get them for t
60 bucks instead of the 120 full price.

according to Audeze, theoretically yes since it is using better DAC and circuitry plus delivering double the voltage swing for greater output levels.
Can we actually hear the sonic differences between the V1 and V2? Not sure... I will find out in about 2-3 days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back