Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Jun 11, 2017 at 4:52 AM Post #2,656 of 7,352
I still think my eq settings sound the best :wink: (I have the 20's) and i'd love more feedback.

Again, the settings are adjustable in a way that you can lower or raise bass, mids, and treble respectively pretty substantially with just a few db's of gain in either direction while still maintaining a relatively balanced sound.
Filter one is a low shelf

Preamp: -13 dB

Filter 1: ON LS Fc 100 Hz Gain 13 dB
Filter 2: ON PK Fc 1000 Hz Gain -6 dB Q .9
Filter 3: ON PK Fc 4000 Hz Gain 5.5 dB Q .1
Hi, are you referring to a

Jun 11, 2017 at 4:57 AM Post #2,657 of 7,352
I still think my eq settings sound the best :wink: (I have the 20's) and i'd love more feedback.

Again, the settings are adjustable in a way that you can lower or raise bass, mids, and treble respectively pretty substantially with just a few db's of gain in either direction while still maintaining a relatively balanced sound.

Hi, is this eq from cipher cable or analog cable?
I ask you because now I prefer very much the sound off the analog cable. That way you can really hear the "driver". The cypher cable, even when you mess around with the app eq, sounds completely "flat". dead, fake, digital! SO yeah, I've been messing around with the eq in vox player and hfplayer, both for iphone, getting good results but they need to be improved.
I mean, the main aspect to take care of is the wild 1kHz resonance. I looked at the cypher house eq posted here by the audeze digital guy and the cutting is very wide, going down to 600hz if i'm not wrong. Not easy to tame that resonance, not easy at all! so yes, suggestions are very welcomed
Have a nice Sunday

Edit: Id' like to add, and I hope audeze read this, it is totally unprofessional to have such a bloody resonance at the price of the isines. TOTALLY

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2017 at 9:05 AM Post #2,658 of 7,352

Pretty similar to the cipher eq, but less refined imo. Bass is a little overwhelming. The original posted by kmann is my favorite.

Jun 11, 2017 at 9:09 AM Post #2,659 of 7,352
I ask you because now I prefer very much the sound off the analog cable. That way you can really hear the "driver". The cypher cable, even when you mess around with the app eq, sounds completely "flat". dead, fake, digital! SO yeah, I've been messing around with the eq in vox player and hfplayer, both for iphone, getting good results but they need to be improved.
I mean, the main aspect to take care of is the wild 1kHz resonance. I looked at the cypher house eq posted here by the audeze digital guy and the cutting is very wide, going down to 600hz if i'm not wrong. Not easy to tame that resonance, not easy at all! so yes, suggestions are very welcomed
Have a nice Sunday

Edit: Id' like to add, and I hope audeze read this, it is totally unprofessional to have such a bloody resonance at the price of the isines. TOTALLY
If I understood you correctly, you prefer the more smooth, colored sound of the analog cable, but don't like the 1khz resonance? You could try the cipher eq with comply tips, makes the sound darker/warmer/smoother. Or you could try using the cipher eq but lowering the treble.

Jun 11, 2017 at 9:17 AM Post #2,660 of 7,352
Have a nice Sunday

What exact frequency isine resonate pls? Let me replicate it.

Jun 11, 2017 at 10:02 AM Post #2,661 of 7,352
Have a nice Sunday

Shared your opinion on the "the 1kHz resonance", that's my biggest gripe on the iSine 20.

Jun 11, 2017 at 11:41 AM Post #2,664 of 7,352
Since fitting plays a part, it may or may not affect you and you may pick it up around that range. Play a sine sweep tone and adjust your EQ accordingly.

Better yet, if you are not sure where it is, don't go looking for it and enjoy :o2smile:
Best answer yet. FYI to my ears all resonance disappears when cipher eq is applied.

Jun 11, 2017 at 12:57 PM Post #2,667 of 7,352
If I understood you correctly, you prefer the more smooth, colored sound of the analog cable, but don't like the 1khz resonance? You could try the cipher eq with comply tips, makes the sound darker/warmer/smoother. Or you could try using the cipher eq but lowering the treble.
I already expressed in my post that I don't like the cipher sound anymore. And to say it all, one should raise the treble to get it good sounding, as the proprietary eq is veiled and has an humongous peak at 4kHz.

Edit: also to say that analog cable sounds smooth and colored does not make me trust your opinion

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2017 at 2:42 PM Post #2,668 of 7,352
For reference, could you comment on your tip selection and preferred insertion depth as well? I find these things impact sound presentation quite a bit as well. Curious to hear how it all fits together for you.

for me the original tips are the best with the original ear hooks. I can use any of the three sizes and get the same exact sound quality. Usually its the smalls or mediums. the smallest of the 3 go in a bit farther, but in general, the tips just go in as far as they could if you put your finger straight into your ear. in other words before the first bend in the ear.

Jun 11, 2017 at 5:20 PM Post #2,670 of 7,352
Yeah I went back and tried those settings with groovy tips & cipher. It sounds pretty good. I'm pretty sure that was actually the first thing I did after receiving the isines because I was following this thread and not totally satisfied right out of the box.

Anyway, yeah, I definitely prefer the large comply tips at medium insertion and flat cipher. My goal with gear is generally to enjoy it flat first and then add eq for fun. If I wasn't happy without eq, I knew I wouldn't be happy as a buyer and flirted with returning these. I believe that process is documented in my posts.

So after comparing again, I think comply actually might even widen the soundstage! My theory is that the distance from medium insertion gives a similar width to the sound that the shallower insertion silicon crowd loves.

The sport model REALLY tames the highs and extends the bass. Maybe LCD-X like in signature while comfort is more balanced across. I think most people might prefer the comfort because they're a little more balanced sounding but I love the "fun" on The sport. I finally have the in ear planar I was fantasizing about when I bought them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back