Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Mar 14, 2017 at 10:10 PM Post #1,741 of 7,352
Yea I'd say an equivant full size equivalent would be on the level of an LCD-2/he-560/he-500. Should outclass your he-400i, unless there's simply something that doesn't suit your preference.

I like mine (isine10 3.5mm) better than my hd700, alpha dogs, w40s. They are more close in tone and performance to my he-6 imo. Some will say different though.

Wow..I'm even more interested in them now. Hopefully one of those people that say different will put one up for sale soon 
biggrin.gif

Mar 14, 2017 at 11:21 PM Post #1,742 of 7,352
Yea hopefully I'm not hyping them too much. Used them extensively for the last two weeks though, and I think the open design and big planar driver just gives them such an advantage. I've just had such a hard time finding an airy and spacious iem without edgy treble, and these do such a great job. I really do love them. They have deep extended bass, though it's not the most impactful, clear even mids, and airy extended treble that's not sharp or edgy, though not perfect either I'll admit.

Just a nice balanced iem- but because they are so balanced, they probably aren't going to jump out and make you say wow on anything but the air and spaciousness in the soundstage and imaging and separation. But with that great soundstage/space/imaging/seperation, you get great balance and extension on both ends.

And I honestly love the form factor. I'm usually active and around the house or moving around when listening- so full size cans (especially he-6) aren't the most convinient- so an open design and all the benefits that they offer in iem form actually is the best for me. Work great at the gym. I'd describe them as "semi-open" since they are more open than not, but don't leak as much as a full size can.

All this and I haven't even got my cypher cable yet...

Mar 14, 2017 at 11:39 PM Post #1,743 of 7,352
Anyone tried aftermarket cables on the iSines yet?

I've plugged in my Twau 3.5 but heard no obvious change in sound quality, except I could achieve the same volume as the stock pairing with maybe 2 notches down from the player. I just hope the polarity of the 2 pins / sockets on the driver side are in the conventional alighment. Aesthetically they are a perfect match tho. Not sure what to make of the stock cable, except I am not particularly keen on flat cables and it is about 30cm too long for someone like me who likes to keep the player in a jacket pocket and dun like using a clip on the cable (and no fancy etchings on the plugs perhaps............no just joking).

Mar 14, 2017 at 11:43 PM Post #1,744 of 7,352
Yea hopefully I'm not hyping them too much. Used them extensively for the last two weeks though, and I think the open design and big planar driver just gives them such an advantage. I've just had such a hard time finding an airy and spacious iem without edgy treble, and these do such a great job. I really do love them. They have deep extended bass, though it's not the most impactful, clear even mids, and airy extended treble that's not sharp or edgy, though not perfect either I'll admit.

Just a nice balanced iem- but because they are so balanced, they probably aren't going to jump out and make you say wow on anything but the air and spaciousness in the soundstage and imaging and separation. But with that great soundstage/space/imaging/seperation, you get great balance and extension on both ends.

And I honestly love the form factor. I'm usually active and around the house or moving around when listening- so full size cans (especially he-6) aren't the most convinient- so an open design and all the benefits that they offer in iem form actually is the best for me. Work great at the gym. I'd describe them as "semi-open" since they are more open than not, but don't leak as much as a full size can.

Well that sounds very good to me, and that's just the i10s.

I find that my preferences tend to not fall within the norm; so when other people say about certain products "Meh, it's not going to wow you," it often ends up doing so anyway. I guess my expectations are usually different, so I get different impressions.

Couple that with the fact that I don't think I've actually heard a really nicely balanced IEM before (although I have some VE Monks+ on the way) and I think I'd end up being wowed indeed (the exception being if it was like that article review said and they just sound like a regular IEM to me).

Mar 15, 2017 at 1:13 AM Post #1,745 of 7,352

The soundstage alone wow me more than any other iems out there.
Actually in the recent time, only witch girl 12 drivers,campfire Vega and iSine(botj 10 and 20) wow me , nothing besides these iems wow me at the first listen like them

Mar 15, 2017 at 3:43 AM Post #1,746 of 7,352
Alright. That is it. I have read enough impressions and reviews to pull the trigger on them.
I want to get the iSine 20, but they are out of stock sadly in my country(India). 

Audeze - is there any other way to get the iSine 20s here? Is headphonezone the only official seller in India?
I am going to wait till the end of the month, If the isine 20s are still not in stock, then I will have to get the iSine 10s sadly.

Mar 15, 2017 at 5:00 AM Post #1,747 of 7,352
Alright. That is it. I have read enough impressions and reviews to pull the trigger on them.
I want to get the iSine 20, but they are out of stock sadly in my country(India). 

Audeze - is there any other way to get the iSine 20s here? Is headphonezone the only official seller in India?
I am going to wait till the end of the month, If the isine 20s are still not in stock, then I will have to get the iSine 10s sadly.

Why not just order it online from the US/UK?

Mar 15, 2017 at 9:57 AM Post #1,750 of 7,352
  Really? what's the price in India? Maybe I should also order from your country.

I would have to pay atleast 25% more as customs. 25% more to the the original cost. 
The price here was around $660. If I bought it from the US/UK, it would cost me around $750 including customs. that is almost $100 more. 

Mar 15, 2017 at 10:34 AM Post #1,751 of 7,352
My iSine 20s arrived a short time ago. Just as a quick test I grabbed my ipad & listened to Melody Gardot's Baby I'm A Fool track using Flare Audio R2Pro's with custom tips & then the iSine with cipher cable. Wow, just wow!! The iSine blew the Flare away. Big big soundstage, like a full-size set of cans. The detail was terrific - could really her the breaths she was taking in the vocals. Quickly switched to the standard cable thru the headphone jack & there really wasn't a huge difference on that one listening. You have to download the Audeze app from the App Store before using them. This allows 2 pre-set equaliser settings. I just used it completely flat.
They do feel a little bulkier than regular iems & the cable length from the iems (2 pin) to the controller unit is quite short. It was just under my chin (well, one of them anyway :joy:). Didn't get round to trying the two different ear clips provided.

Consider me mighty impressed already. Be interested to see how they compare with the Trinity Hunter I'm hoping drop thru my letterbox anyway soon!

Mar 15, 2017 at 9:42 PM Post #1,753 of 7,352
Does the cypher cable work with the iPhone 6 or iPhone 6s? Or just the 7?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back