Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Mar 12, 2017 at 10:16 PM Post #1,711 of 7,352
So im almost absolutely conceived on the the iSine. My only concern is... Most people seem to love them with the apple DAC thing. Are they still the best $600 IEMs if not going to be used with that? Becuse I absolutely hate apple, and im not about to buy an iphone just to match it to my IEMs. Im planning on getting a DAP, either the x5 III or XDP 300R. 

Also, I know is subjective but, from what I have read, the 20 are not necessarily better than the 10s. they just have a different signature, is this right? For classic rock and classical, what would your recommend? are the $200 extra for the 20 worth it? 

@Audeze are you planning on selling a balanced 2.5 cable for this ones? 

Mar 13, 2017 at 12:14 AM Post #1,712 of 7,352
  So im almost absolutely conceived on the the iSine. My only concern is... Most people seem to love them with the apple DAC thing. Are they still the best $600 IEMs if not going to be used with that? Becuse I absolutely hate apple, and im not about to buy an iphone just to match it to my IEMs. Im planning on getting a DAP, either the x5 III or XDP 300R. 

Also, I know is subjective but, from what I have read, the 20 are not necessarily better than the 10s. they just have a different signature, is this right? For classic rock and classical, what would your recommend? are the $200 extra for the 20 worth it? 

@Audeze the balanced 2.5 is definitely one thing to contemplate, and @Audeze the other thing is a MUCH MORE GENEROUS CLEARANCE at the lightning plug on the cipher cable to cater for iphone cases / more recessed sockets. My cipher cable cannot be securely plugged in even with the thinnest of my collection of iphone cases - it works, but not secure at all and falls off now and then. A huge bummer really.

Mar 13, 2017 at 12:18 AM Post #1,713 of 7,352

At $350, the iSine 10 3.5mm is still one of the best price:performance headphones I have ever tried, much less iem. I personally did not feel like the i20 was worth the $200 upgrade, but that's because the i10 is just so good on its own, even without the cipher.

Mar 13, 2017 at 8:27 AM Post #1,715 of 7,352
so curious about isine 20 sound but cant get myself to buy because they're so ugly :frowning2:
I personally think they look pretty cool...but then I've always liked tie fighters and spiderman. :joy:

Mar 13, 2017 at 10:04 AM Post #1,716 of 7,352

Not an Audeze owner but have been following this thread - definitely will audition the 20's soon.

Check out this recent and interesting review of the iSine 20:

http://www.metal-fi.com/review-audeze-isine-1020-ear-monitors/

Mar 13, 2017 at 1:15 PM Post #1,717 of 7,352

Not an Audeze owner but have been following this thread - definitely will audition the 20's soon.

Check out this recent and interesting review of the iSine 20:

http://www.metal-fi.com/review-audeze-isine-1020-ear-monitors/

To someone like me, this review is not exaggerate at all (iSine20 put the Roxanne to a shame), I prefer iSine20+ Tralucent Uber cable to even the Layla, but Stock VS Stock, I still like the Layla more than the iSine20 . I just bought the Layla many days ago, because I am not quite comfortable  walking outside with such a stiff cable and the strange looking iSine, but at home I've used the iSine20 combo more often. Nice iems indeed

Mar 14, 2017 at 12:48 AM Post #1,721 of 7,352
Anyone know where you can buy a cypher cable for the isine? I see them for the el8 but cant find any standalone for the isine that I bought with the 3.5 cable

Mar 14, 2017 at 12:55 AM Post #1,723 of 7,352
I've seen one reviewer noticing considerably better results with the cipher cable.
In fact, he said that with the stock cables serious EQ was needed before he could actually enjoy the isine 20.
Do you people agree? As a rule I don't like to mess with EQ as it has a detrimental effect on the soundstage at times.

Mar 14, 2017 at 2:22 AM Post #1,724 of 7,352
  I've seen one reviewer noticing considerably better results with the cipher cable.
In fact, he said that with the stock cables serious EQ was needed before he could actually enjoy the isine 20.
Do you people agree? As a rule I don't like to mess with EQ as it has a detrimental effect on the soundstage at times.

I have iSine20 in review right now. Had them for about two weeks. So far, IMHO the Cypher cable is best if you listen to streaming music such as Spotify or Apple Music where the boost in needed to offset the compressed music.

If you have a dedicated music player such as Astell&Kern, Lotoo (Diana Edition), Sony Walkman, etc. and play uncompressed CD quality or higher music, the standard cable gets you the house sound of Audeze LCD headphones from an in-ear. For me, the standard cable + DAP is best.

Mar 14, 2017 at 2:27 AM Post #1,725 of 7,352

I have iSine20 in review right now. Had them for about two weeks. So far, IMHO the Cypher cable is best if you listen to streaming music such as Spotify or Apple Music where the boost in needed to offset the compressed music.

If you have a dedicated music player such as Astell&Kern, Lotoo (Diana Edition), Sony Walkman, etc. and play uncompressed CD quality or higher music, the standard cable gets you the house sound of Audeze LCD headphones from an in-ear. For me, the standard cable + DAP is best.

Thanks for the quick reply. 
I listen mostly to 24/96 flac and DSD files thru Jriver to a Oppo HA-2SE. Would you say EQ would be needed?
I am unfamiliar with the Lotoo DAP. Do you apply any EQ with it when listening to the isine 20's?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back