Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Mar 7, 2017 at 10:56 PM Post #1,682 of 7,348

I am using Decibullz.  They molded easily and the sound is great.  I let them mold and cool down before I put them on my iSine 20s because I did not want to risk damaging the i20s.  I am using the iSInes with my NW-WM1a using a balanced cable I got from Surf Cables. 

Mar 7, 2017 at 11:17 PM Post #1,684 of 7,348

I am using Decibullz.  They molded easily and the sound is great.  I let them mold and cool down before I put them on my iSine 20s because I did not want to risk damaging the i20s.  I am using the iSInes with my NW-WM1a using a balanced cable I got from Surf Cables. 

Oh sweet, I was looking into the decibullz. Glad to hear they work well(and are only like $7). Please post some pics of the fit and comparisons to the ear hooks and clips.

Mar 8, 2017 at 12:18 PM Post #1,685 of 7,348
I'm not so sure, just got a pair of iSine 20 today, out of the box and using my AK240 as source didn't impress me at all, the low bass frequencies were lacking compare to my LCD-X. With the Lightning cable and my iPhone 6 (the Audeze app isn't very stable, doesn't always work properly, but when it does,) I was able to EQ them to give a flat sound signature, quite good, but nothing to write home about. Probably would be able to improve the lower frequencies if I was able to put on those foam tips, which proved to be quite impossible, and wearing them on my ears is a pain, literally: the ear clips are probably some of the most uncomfortable things I've ever have to wear.

Still think my Noble K10U/Encore are the best IEMs in my collection, iSine 20 aren't bad (with EQing) but do I want to tolerate the pain wearing them just to enjoy music? I'm not so sure, I could use my KES 1500 with less suffering. I tolerated using my LCD-X for years because they were the best, but haven't really used them since I got MrSpeakers Ether now.

Quote:
  That's insane some of the praise levels these are achieving. I'm considering them but really kind of want to wait for BT5.0 to mature and for HiFi to be available wirelessly. Decisions decisions.

Mar 8, 2017 at 1:01 PM Post #1,686 of 7,348
Mm..love-hate relationship with the ear clips. Somedays, it does not bother me. Tonight, it is tolerable. The retention ring is all but useless (unless I sit very still). The cipher/iSine 10/iPhone is a very good combination, SQ-wise. I'm glad I did not spring for the iSine 20. Will just wait for the iLCD3. Hopefully Audeze will fix this ergo issues (assuming the lcd version will share the spiderman/tie fighter form factor).

Mar 8, 2017 at 10:01 PM Post #1,688 of 7,348

Audeze stuff are pretty power hungry, no matter how their specs say. The AK240 should be underpowering it. One thing the cipher cable adds to an apple combo is its almost miraculous supply of power thru a tiny dac and amp chip. With the analog cable, even my rather powerful AK380 combo and WM1A on SE could JUST supply enough power to make the iSine20 sound good. Seriously considering getting an appropriate cable to use it on balanced.

To me the clips are comfy and, even more importantly, retains the drivers snug enough at a good angle so that it sounds best that way. With the retention rings the whole thing feels insecure (but is rather secure in fact) and since it is more loosely fitted the drivers are a tad further away from the eardrums and sometimes the angle varies during a listening session, rendering the SQ unstable.

Mar 9, 2017 at 3:16 AM Post #1,689 of 7,348

Encore VS iSine20+ Tralucent Uber cable, I prefer the iSine20 combo to the Encore. Stock iSine20 may not impress you because  the stock cable, I've mentioned many times in this thread that the isINE20 lacks bass body, but with some cables and amp the iSine20 is really great. Besides, you source is AK240, which, to me, is not a bright dap  (hence matches well with the Encore,which has brighter treble than the iSine), there are some other daps,which pair better (Questyle QP1R, LooToo Paw Gold, Opus2)

Mar 9, 2017 at 9:03 PM Post #1,690 of 7,348
Got the decibullz eartips in today.

Pros: More comfy than the ear hooks or clips.

Cons:
    Closed in soundstage
    Veiled vocals
    Boomy midbass
    Decreased sub bass
    Loss of "air" in the sound

Definitely can't reccomend these with the sound I'm getting. It's unfortunate because they are really comfy. Regardless, the audio sounds like it's coming from a shoebox when I use them. I think the ear tips of the isine really need to get into your canal and seal for them to work their magic. Unfortunately it's impossible to fully seal with the decibullz.

Mar 9, 2017 at 9:42 PM Post #1,691 of 7,348

Cons:
    Closed in soundstage
    Veiled vocals
    Boomy midbass
    Decreased sub bass

Definitely can't reccomend these with the sound I'm getting. It's unfortunate because they are really comfy. Regardless, the audio sounds like it's coming from a shoebox when I use them. I think the ear tips of the isine really need to get into your canal and seal for them to work their magic. Unfortunately it's impossible to fully seal with the decibullz.

It's almost a rule of thumb that if an iem is designed to be open or semi-open, you just can't try to seal it, neither on the outside behind the driver or inside towards your ear canal..............I did made the mistake of trying the 20s with the largest stock silicons, which seals well, and trying with foam tips, which seals well AND are comfy. Both trys return with the sound you described..........veiled and roomy in short.

The best fit would be a tip that doesn't seal but just SIT right at the opening of the ear canal, no further no less. Any tip that could actually help securing the iSines to your ear is a wrong tip to be used with them.

Mar 9, 2017 at 9:46 PM Post #1,692 of 7,348

It's almost a rule of thumb that if an iem is designed to be open or semi-open, you just can't try to seal it, neither on the outside behind the driver or inside towards your ear canal..............I did made the mistake of trying the 20s with the largest stock silicons, which seals well, and trying with foam tips, which seals well AND are comfy. Both trys return with the sound you described..........veiled and roomy in short.

The best fit would be a tip that doesn't seal but just SIT right at the opening of the ear canal, no further no less. Any tip that could actually help securing the iSines to your ear is a wrong tip to be used with them.

Well that's odd because I use the silicon tips included or some spinfits, both of which completely seal. Both sound great. Just the decibullz sound really terrible. I've tried refitting a couple times which slightly helped but still boomy and closed in.

Mar 9, 2017 at 9:51 PM Post #1,693 of 7,348
  Well that's odd because I use the silicon tips included or some spinfits, both of which completely seal. Both sound great. Just the decibullz sound really terrible. I've tried refitting a couple times which slightly helped but still boomy and closed in.

That's already pretty lucky for you.............I only have the med stock tips that I could use comfortably with great sonic results - might keep trying different things.

Mar 9, 2017 at 9:53 PM Post #1,695 of 7,348

Cons:
    Closed in soundstage
    Veiled vocals
    Boomy midbass
    Decreased sub bass

have you burned them in?

yes I can agree out of the box there a bit off, but I also heard ALOT  of potential hiding there, so I burned them in for 200 hours or so, and in the end Holy Sh1t, they opened up and became my favorite IEM,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back