Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Mar 5, 2017 at 12:46 PM Post #1,666 of 7,348
Has anyone tried these in the presence of a "spotter" iin order to determine how much sound leaks OUT?  Would these annoy the "Airbook-using, spend-4 -hours-mooching-free-wifi-at-the-coffee-shop-hipsters?  That would just be a bonus.  :evil:

1: why make generalizations like that? Just a really negative outlook on other people who all have their own lives, hobbies, etc.

2: they leak about a small much as Apple buds. My gf 4ish feet away could hear faint cymbals from them. If the hd700 is a 10/10 for her on sound leakage, the isines are 3/10 at the same listening levels.

Mar 5, 2017 at 1:18 PM Post #1,667 of 7,348
1: why make generalizations like that? Just a really negative outlook on other people who all have their own lives, hobbies, etc.

2: they leak about a small much as Apple buds. My gf 4ish feet away could hear faint cymbals from them. If the hd700 is a 10/10 for her on sound leakage, the isines are 3/10 at the same listening levels.

1. I was being sarcastic, mostly, anyway.......  and as much an observation born of a generational difference as well.  I'm 60 years old, and have seen much change in my life, some good, some not so much.  Perhaps it's just a 'sine of the times.....

Mar 6, 2017 at 6:39 PM Post #1,670 of 7,348
So what is the sound difference between the iSine 10 and iSine 20? I would use either model with my Cowon PM2 DAp and my RSA Blackbird Sr-71-b amp. So how doe this soundf without the Cipher  cable and just using a DAP and powerful portable amp? 

Is the the sound any good in this kind of setup? 

I would also like to know if anyone is using a balanced cable setup with amp and DAP  ?

Thanks 

Mar 6, 2017 at 7:47 PM Post #1,671 of 7,348
Just updating the thread now that I've lived with the i20 a bit. I'm absolutely loving it still. I have an HD800 now and they still both get about equal head time at my desk. The i20 is nearly as detailed as the HD800, it's just a bit less in your face about it with more lush mids and bass. Soundstage is of course smaller on the i20 but not as small as you'd think. They're only a hair under the HD700 which is only a hair under the HD800. That's only like two hairs of separation. That soundstage ported directly to your ear canal is a really unique presentation too, so I'd say I'm just as "impressed" with the i20 soundstage as I am the HD800 regardless of size. The main negative difference is the i20 just not matching the snappiness of the HD800 and the HD800 feeling just more "effortless" like music is being beamed into your brain. The i20 has more perceivable color to it, but that's not not a negative thing.

Overall, I'm over the moon with my i20. I like to look at both the analog and cipher cables as different listening experiences. The analog being laid back, sweet, with big full mids and a warm but tight bass with non fatiguing highs. With the cipher, the i20 becomes a portable detail monster while having a very energetic and fun sound signature with a gobs of air and bass control.

This is a killer product from Audeze.

Mar 6, 2017 at 8:44 PM Post #1,673 of 7,348
Just updating the thread now that I've lived with the i20 a bit. I'm absolutely loving it still. I have an HD800 now and they still both get about equal head time at my desk. The i20 is nearly as detailed as the HD800, it's just a bit less in your face about it with more lush mids and bass. Soundstage is of course smaller on the i20 but not as small as you'd think. They're only a hair under the HD700 which is only a hair under the HD800. That's only like two hairs of separation. That soundstage ported directly to your ear canal is a really unique presentation too, so I'd say I'm just as "impressed" with the i20 soundstage as I am the HD800 regardless of size. The main negative difference is the i20 just not matching the snappiness of the HD800 and the HD800 feeling just more "effortless" like music is being beamed into your brain. The i20 has more perceivable color to it, but that's not not a negative thing.

Overall, I'm over the moon with my i20. I like to look at both the analog and cipher cables as different listening experiences. The analog being laid back, sweet, with big full mids and a warm but tight bass with non fatiguing highs. With the cipher, the i20 becomes a portable detail monster while having a very energetic and fun sound signature with a gobs of air and bass control.

This is a killer product from Audeze.

I couldn't agree more. Personally I'd be happy if the Isines were my only headphone. Yes, they're that good.

Mar 6, 2017 at 10:42 PM Post #1,675 of 7,348
So the bottom line , is you think this is fine without using the Cipher cable? My Cowon M2 has the Burr-Brown 1795 Dac chip set. I have read that some people say don't buy this unit without using the Cipher/Dac cable or because must  use the Cipher to get the proper EQ setup or it sounds poorly.

I love how planar headphones sound. I think this might be the best In or on ear portable sound design out here . I  don't and won't use Apple products with the lighting connector. 

Are they easy to drive  and still wondering if anyone has had balanced cable made for them ?

Thanks, for your thoughts. 

Mar 6, 2017 at 10:51 PM Post #1,676 of 7,348
Mm...in lieu of the lightning and cipher cable, I am fine using my AK Cable Next 2.5 mm balanced into DAPs with the iSine 10. No problem driving the iSine even without a dedicated amplifier. SE and balanced out of the AK380cu and cu amp, the DPX1, Hifiman HM 901S, DX 100, Cayin N6, CDM, Aurender Flow and WA8 passes. It is not choosy at all.

Mar 6, 2017 at 11:04 PM Post #1,677 of 7,348
Took the iSine10 for a spin yesterday. I would like to have tried the i20, but even the demo model was sold. Unbelievable sound. I usually run with a Noble6 iem at present, and the headroom, clarity across the frequencies and openness of the i10 was shocking in a good way. I also listened to the w80 Westone, and still preferred the i10 - which is insane at about 1/4 of the price. Now I need to buy the i20 - damn!

Mar 6, 2017 at 11:36 PM Post #1,679 of 7,348
  Wow, that's a strong statement! Makes me want to get them even more!

I also agree with his statement. I think anything short of a drastically different tuned flagship(ie the HD800) or a closed back headphone, there's no real reason to have much else apart from the i20.

As for the other question regarding the need for a cipher cable, I don't think it's necessary at all but if you have an iDevice it's a great $50 addon.

Mar 7, 2017 at 12:22 AM Post #1,680 of 7,348
Not sure if it's that i've lowered my listening volume, a change in preference, or something else, but i've decided my past eq settings were bass shy.  Here's the new ones.
All i've changed is adding 4db to the bass, and raising the pre-cut to accomodate that.  

Preamp: -12 dB

Filter 1: ON LS Fc 100 Hz Gain 11 dB
Filter 2: ON PK Fc 1000 Hz Gain -6 dB Q .9
Filter 3: ON PK Fc 4000 Hz Gain 5.5 dB Q .1

I've it mentioned before as well, although i obviously think they need EQ, my 20's are all I'm using anymore.  My beloved es5 customs which i never thought i'd give up, are basically collecting dust.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back