Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Mar 4, 2017 at 1:18 AM Post #1,651 of 7,352
That sounds aout what I am looking for.  Are the isine 20 on the same level as the Shure SE846  I am hoping I can get the same quality in a different sound signature and design for less than I paid for my Shure's.  i don't mind some warmth just not as much warmth as my Shure's would be nice.  A little warmer than neutral is about where I seem to like it nowadays.

Thank you

Riley

If you dig this thread, you will see rhat theIsines20 have been mostly compared with TOTL iems or fullsize cans.
This should say something about the sound quality of the Isine20. Personally , I put the Isine 20 far above the 846. Someone else may think differently though

Mar 4, 2017 at 2:04 AM Post #1,652 of 7,352
If you dig this thread, you will see rhat theIsines20 have been mostly compared with TOTL iems or fullsize cans.
This should say something about the sound quality of the Isine20. Personally , I put the Isine 20 far above the 846. Someone else may think differently though

Oh wow.  That is very impressive.  I realize I am being a bit cheap.  I would like the Isine 20 for certain uses and I will get isolating iems for when I need isolation that are different than my 846 as well.  I am thinking Earsonics SEM9 for that, but I could use the Isine 20 a lot too when I am not surrounded by noise.

Thank you very much

Riley

Mar 4, 2017 at 2:19 AM Post #1,653 of 7,352
Oh wow.  That is very impressive.  I realize I am being a bit cheap.  I would like the Isine 20 for certain uses and I will get isolating iems for when I need isolation that are different than my 846 as well.  I am thinking Earsonics SEM9 for that, but I could use the Isine 20 a lot too when I am not surrounded by noise.

Thank you very much

Riley

The only concern, when you use the Isine20 with analig cable directly from daps or computer is that some of us have found the iSine20 lack bass body somehow (including me ). If you are not a basshead, I think you should be fine. Isine20 bass is tight and punchy but doesnt have much weight compared to those bass heavy iems (846 for example)

Mar 4, 2017 at 3:14 PM Post #1,655 of 7,352
The only concern, when you use the Isine20 with analig cable directly from daps or computer is that some of us have found the iSine20 lack bass body somehow (including me ). If you are not a basshead, I think you should be fine. Isine20 bass is tight and punchy but doesnt have much weight compared to those bass heavy iems (846 for example)

That is not really a problem for me.  I am looking for less warmth and bass than my Shure's.  Something closer to neutral, but not perfectly neutral.  How would the Isine 20 pair with a Chord Mojo?  I am thinking about getting one down the road eventually.

Thank you

Riley

Mar 4, 2017 at 5:44 PM Post #1,657 of 7,352
Just compared the isine 20 with my JHA/AK Angie II and Shure SE846 and I must say that I was impressed with how the 20's were able to hold their own at almost half the price:wink:

Could you give me some more details of the isine 20 versus the SE846?  I currently have the SE846 and would love to know how the isine 20 compares.  I am growing tired of the SE846 overly warm and bass heavy sound signature.  Looking for something a tad warmer than neutral that sounds open and airy and more spacious.  From what little I have seen the Isine 20 seems to fit that bill perfectly for when I don't need isolation.

Thank you

Riley

Mar 4, 2017 at 6:43 PM Post #1,658 of 7,352
Could you give me some more details of the isine 20 versus the SE846?  I currently have the SE846 and would love to know how the isine 20 compares.  I am growing tired of the SE846 overly warm and bass heavy sound signature.  Looking for something a tad warmer than neutral that sounds open and airy and more spacious.  From what little I have seen the Isine 20 seems to fit that bill perfectly for when I don't need isolation.

Thank you

Riley

Hi Riley,

I will be selling my SE846 and keep the iSINE as they give me a greater sense of excitement when listening to my music collection (mostly 80's pop/rock/metal, blues and classical). Btw I tested the 20's without the lightning cable. The iSINE are probably what you are looking for based on your sound preference, but they don't provide isolation like the 846.

Mar 4, 2017 at 6:49 PM Post #1,659 of 7,352
Hi Riley,

I will be selling my SE846 and keep the iSINE as they give me a greater sense of excitement when listening to my music collection (mostly 80's pop/rock/metal, blues and classical). Btw I tested the 20's without the lightning cable. The iSINE are probably what you are looking for based on your sound preference, but they don't provide isolation like the 846.

That is exactly my hope.  I realize the Isine 20 has no isolation.  I can still use them for certain things.  Seems like  a really good price.

Thank you

Riley

Mar 4, 2017 at 7:01 PM Post #1,661 of 7,352
Another thing. It took me quite a while to get the right fit. Using the large tips with the ear hooks was the most comfortable for my big ears

That is what I usually find as well.  I also am going to try the earfins.  I find sometimes those to be great for me as well.  I tried some Bose iems with those and loved that one aspect.  Hated the sound.

Thanks

Riley

Mar 5, 2017 at 2:00 AM Post #1,663 of 7,352
Rumor from WSJ is that Apple will ditch lightning for the new iPhones and standardize on USB-C. As an iPhone user and prospective iSine buyer, this is worrying unless there will be a USB-C Cypher option available soon:

https://www.macrumors.com/2017/02/28/iphone-8-oled-screen-usb-c/

The problem with rumors is just that, they are rumors. And often small things are mistaken. It sounds like, according to yet another rumor (LOL), that the lightning port is being kept, but it somehow uses the USB-C charging speeds? 

We believe all three new iPhones launching in 2H17 will support fast charging by the adoption of Type-C Power Delivery technology (while still retaining the Lightning port)...Kuo expects Apple to retain the Lightning port given it has a slightly slimmer design compared to a USB-C port, to sustain MFi Program licensing income from Lightning accessories, and because he believes USB-C's high-speed data transmission is "still a niche application" for iPhone. 

From: https://www.macrumors.com/2017/03/02/iphone-8-lightning-usb-c-power-delivery/

I'd tend to believe this over going with the bulkier USB-C port. Even if it'd happen someday, a Cipher cable could probably be made to the MFi specs using the USB-C connector (or whatever replaces the lightning).

I'd also expect the lightning port to not go away anytime soon. A lot of research and development went into it, and Apple would have to have VERY good reasons to go away form it anytime soon. 

Mar 5, 2017 at 2:12 AM Post #1,664 of 7,352
I tried the isine10 with hooks and the isine20 with fins.

Much prefered the fins. Though they felt insecure.
The hooks I found pulled my ears.

The sound on both was great but I preferred the isine20 by quite a margin.

And they are smaller than I was expecting

You are absolutely right.  You have smaller ears than I and they Isine looks to be not as massive as I thought.  Very helpful image.

Thank you

Riley

Mar 5, 2017 at 12:13 PM Post #1,665 of 7,352
Has anyone tried these in the presence of a "spotter" iin order to determine how much sound leaks OUT?  Would these annoy the "Airbook-using, spend-4 -hours-mooching-free-wifi-at-the-coffee-shop-hipsters?  That would just be a bonus.  
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back