Audeze Filter
Mar 22, 2023 at 9:21 PM Post #61 of 73
I always use KRISP with different head sets and different conf call SW (Zoom, Teams,...) when connected to my pc.

So far the reaction of listeners on the clarity of my voice is ok.
I like both the build quality and the portability of the Filter. It will be my most compact traveling set...
Yeah, great for travel for sure. ideal for hotel room or conf room.

at home, i use a pretty funky mic chain to clean sound so there’s really never going to be a portable device to match it. Nomono comes closest. But for the compact size, the audeze filter is damn impressive, no doubt.

May 5, 2023 at 7:29 AM Post #62 of 73
Hi there @Audeze @Mad Lust Envy

I'm trying to update Audeze Filter firmware which is still on original out-of-the-box firmware to fix a number of power-on, charging and connection issues. But the firmware won't update.

I'm using Android Audeze hub app, but each time after writing the firmware 100% and rebooting, once reconnected the app says "Failed during Firmware update. Please try again after power cycling filter."

Doing the power cycle and trying again still fails.

I've done this multiple times. The Audeze filter is still operational so I've not got a brick, But the charging and connectivity issues are really frustrating because Citrix won't connect to devices unless they're connected when starting, which Filter rarely gets right first time with current FW.

Thank you
Chris

May 20, 2023 at 5:27 AM Post #64 of 73
We are investigating and addressing Filter updates firmware through Audeze Hub. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Hello

Is there any update on this please?
I'm desperately needing firmware updates and can't even apply the first one.

E.g. I had 3 calls on Friday ruined by false starts because the device had disconnected and powered down during the day when unused... And which Citrix+ Teams then wouldn't reconnect too without disconnecting and restarting the session.

While I have two, one for myself and another for my wife, this is preventing me from recommending to my wife that she uses and so hers is sitting in a box unused. Very disappointed so far

Thank you
Chris

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2023 at 11:01 AM Post #65 of 73
Hello

Is there any update on this please?
I'm desperately needing firmware updates and can't even apply the first one.

E.g. I had 3 calls on Friday ruined by false starts because the device had disconnected and powered down during the day when unused... And which Citrix+ Teams then wouldn't reconnect too without disconnecting and restarting the session.

While I have two, one for myself and another for my wife, this is preventing me from recommending to my wife that she uses and so hers is sitting in a box unused. Very disappointed so far

Thank you
Chris

Hi Christian

To confirm as I've also noted on email that either the recent Android app update 20 June, or the FW package 12 June 039 2023-06-12 seems to have fixed the firmware writing. The update completed and device rebooted without regressing to previous version.

As I can't find any release notes I've asked if power suspend issue fixed on that FW - otherwise, time will tell I guess.

Thank you
Chris

Jun 23, 2023 at 12:33 PM Post #66 of 73
Hi Christian

To confirm as I've also noted on email that either the recent Android app update 20 June, or the FW package 12 June 039 2023-06-12 seems to have fixed the firmware writing. The update completed and device rebooted without regressing to previous version.

As I can't find any release notes I've asked if power suspend issue fixed on that FW - otherwise, time will tell I guess.

Thank you
Chris
There have been general bug fixes for Filter, which include power/battery drain fixes, and general stability.

We are currently working on an stable release for the IOS app to update correctly.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Sep 30, 2023 at 4:32 PM Post #68 of 73
This product is very disappointing. Firmware updating via iphone still does not work. The windows app is horrible. Connecting with a USB cable is very glitchy. There clearly was a lack of testing before they sold this clunker.

Sep 30, 2023 at 6:54 PM Post #69 of 73
Yeah, great for travel for sure. ideal for hotel room or conf room.

at home, i use a pretty funky mic chain to clean sound so there’s really never going to be a portable device to match it. Nomono comes closest. But for the compact size, the audeze filter is damn impressive, no doubt.
In my home office I use the Jabra Evolve 2 85 headset, or the Jabra Speak 750 in stereo (yeah you can connect 2 of them and have warm stereo sound - never compared it to my IEMs though). And my supermobile set is a simple Shokz OpenComm2. Still need to reinstate a serious dedicated Mike Thinking of new Sony mics..
Used the Audeze filter for a family confcal in the living room. Crystal clear on both sides! (using BT)

Oct 24, 2023 at 5:05 PM Post #70 of 73
iPhone app still does not work on updates. This is great when it works but turning off mid meeting is worst than using integrated speakers/mic and it happens daily. Battery dies even when plugged in and have to unplug and replug to get it to charge.

Nov 9, 2023 at 4:21 AM Post #71 of 73
Hi @Audeze

I recently upgraded to Windows 11. I now notice that I've now lost the hands-free output device.

Before in the control panel I had one input device, Audeze Filter BT Hands-free "headset Microphone", but two output devices, BT Hands-free to be used for "headset" calls, and another full-range Audeze Filter "Speaker" for full range playback replacing the internal speaker of the laptop.

Now there's only the single output device, the full-range Audeze Filter "speaker"

Now here's the thing, before in Windows 10 when we select both Audeze BT headset input MIC as the input, and the full range Audeze Filter speaker as the output, given BT limitations, they won't both work at the same time.
But now in Windows 11 both work at the same time even though "headset" speaker not available.

IS this expected result?

Thanks
Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back