Audeze Filter
Nov 17, 2021 at 2:58 AM Post #31 of 73
That's really interesting. Pretty niche, I quiet enjoy it

Hmmmm...I do not get it. Neither do I need it. Ergo, I will not be buying it.
To those that will I say, I hope you do!

I don't think it is that niche. In many offices you can find these types of conference speakers and they normally are bulky, plasticy and have bad sound quality. Additionally workplaces get more dynamic with less fixed places and people carry these speakers from place to place. If this thing can manage to provide a good sound in that small form factor, it will be a great alternative. Also these people will also get to know the brand (free advertising). Quite a smart idea.

I am still not convinced how durable the planar driver will be. I get that the frame is of aluminium and is sturdy. But not sure how good the planar driver will handle dust, as the speaker openings (? the mesh like structure in front of the driver) have quite big wholes and don't think people will always put it in the case.

Nov 17, 2021 at 5:32 AM Post #32 of 73
Yes, this is Head-Fi and not really a speaker forum. But we thought some of you might be interested in our new product.
As Covid has upended our daily lives, most of us spend time on Zoom/Teams meetings all day. it is the same size as a typical smart phone and has a 105 mm x 70 mm Planar speaker. We designed a new product for the hybrid workforce. A small speaker phone with microphone that you can use for your online meetings or conference calls. It has built in AI that can identify and remove most house-hold noises automagically! Small enough to be carried easily on your backpack to the office, but powerful enough for a 6-8 people conference call.

We just launched it on IndieGoGo today. Shipping it early in Jan/Feb 2022. Click here https://igg.me/at/AudezeFilter/x/28041455#/
FILTER_LifeStyle_001.jpgFILTER_Title.jpg

Can I hang 1 on each ear for a headphones ?

Nov 17, 2021 at 5:35 AM Post #33 of 73
Nov 17, 2021 at 5:36 AM Post #34 of 73
Oh, I wonder if it supports stereo pairing?
Well, I have seen a headphones that look like 2 of these with one on each side. You can just get a headband, wire it into a headphones. Why not ?
C898B2EF-53A1-440F-8898-55FF4F2623D5.jpeg

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2021 at 12:20 PM Post #35 of 73
If you don't have kid(s) running around screaming, or dog(s) barking at the mail man, etc., when working from home and in generally a noise free environment, then it would have less of an appeal. But for those working from home like me, I don't even have to bother muting the the speakerphone with FILTER (previously, I had do it even when it is quiet to avoid keyboard noise). Sometimes things can get noisy and even a shut door may not help. Last year there were several instances I had to take calls from inside my closet!
It's not completely clear from the promotional materials, but it seems like Audeze is claiming that this will mute the background noise for the person with the FILTER as well as for people on the other end of a zoom or conference call. I'm VERY skeptical about that claim. A $250 pair of Bose or Sony noise cancelling headphones, plus Zoom's built-in noise canceling software, will keep things nice and quiet for everyone on the call.

This morning I had a zoom call with someone whose dog was apparently barking loudly and incessantly. She was wearing inexpensive plug-in earbuds and kept apologizing for the dog. In 45 minutes I heard only three little YIPPs. Last year when a house was being built next door, I used Sony WH-1000MX2 headphones--I heard no background noise, and neither did my Zoomed clients.

Nov 17, 2021 at 1:31 PM Post #36 of 73
It's not completely clear from the promotional materials, but it seems like Audeze is claiming that this will mute the background noise for the person with the FILTER as well as for people on the other end of a zoom or conference call. I'm VERY skeptical about that claim. A $250 pair of Bose or Sony noise cancelling headphones, plus Zoom's built-in noise canceling software, will keep things nice and quiet for everyone on the call.

This morning I had a zoom call with someone whose dog was apparently barking loudly and incessantly. She was wearing inexpensive plug-in earbuds and kept apologizing for the dog. In 45 minutes I heard only three little YIPPs. Last year when a house was being built next door, I used Sony WH-1000MX2 headphones--I heard no background noise, and neither did my Zoomed clients.
No it not ANC for the person using FILTER, it is effective only to the person on the other end. Use cases differ, many prefer not to use headphones when on calls most day. This is directed towards folks who are already using a speaker phone/puck and/or looking for one. I don't think I will try convince anyone who is already happy using a ANC headphone, though even there not all microphones are good and many may be subject to keyboard or breathing and/or other noise. Another use case is when there is more than one person at one end in which case a headphone is obviously the wrong answer.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2021 at 3:20 PM Post #37 of 73
No it not ANC for the person using FILTER, it is effective only to the person on the other end. Use cases differ, many prefer not to use headphones when on calls most day. This is directed towards folks who are already using a speaker phone/puck and/or looking for one.
Can it be used just as a microphone ONLY for filtering out noise on the person using the FILTER? Is that possible with USB or Bluetooth where a device is selected to just as a microphone and for audio another device such as plugged in headphones? This replaces the need for the LCD boom microphone cable with the added advantage of having AI background noise filtering (so the person on the other end can't hear your kids screaming or dogs barking).

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2021 at 3:35 PM Post #38 of 73
Can it be used just as a microphone ONLY for filtering out noise on the person using the FILTER? Is that possible with USB or Bluetooth where a device is selected to just as a microphone and for audio another device such as plugged in headphones? This replaces the need for the LCD boom microphone cable with the added advantage of having AI background noise filtering (so the person on the other end can't hear your kids screaming or dogs barking).
Yes, this works.. Most apps and OS allow different devices for input (mic) and output (HP/speakers).

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Nov 17, 2021 at 6:22 PM Post #39 of 73
Yes, this works.. Most apps and OS allow different devices for input (mic) and output (HP/speakers).
Which is why I'm getting one; my PC mic is not the best, a "cheap" quality USB mic runs ~$100, and I can bring this in the car with me when needed and replace the garbage mic my car stereo uses, hopefully.

Mar 18, 2022 at 11:01 PM Post #40 of 73
I’m a little obsessed with audio field recording, and that has naturally made me want to improve my voice when on zoom calls. I also talk a lot on zoom calls, as my job requires it.

I’m so obsessed with the audio quality of my voice that my home setup uses a 4053 directional condenser mic, and an sd442 as an analogue preprocessor to a presonus 24c adc/audio interface.

The idea of having a tiny and convenient device that at least gets rid of background noises when talking on zoom calls while out and about is very appealing. Shared offices, hotel rooms, possibly even when in the car, are all good reasons to have a mic pickup device that is much higher quality than what’s on the laptop. Sometimes i want a speaker and mic instead of a headphone with builtin mic.

though, admittedly, having just the mic tech without a speaker would also have been great. If audeze made that, i would buy 3. As it is, i’ll prolly buy at least 1

Mar 18, 2022 at 11:17 PM Post #41 of 73
though, admittedly, having just the mic tech without a speaker would also have been great. If audeze made that, i would buy 3. As it is, i’ll prolly buy at least 1
This ^. I too would be interested in a device with the mic tech filtering out background/environment noises, would be handy paired with my own choice of headphones.

I'm waiting on delivery of the FILTER, "FILTER shipments beginning in March" but it's almost the end of March now.

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2022 at 11:48 AM Post #42 of 73
This ^. I too would be interested in a device with the mic tech filtering out background/environment noises, would be handy paired with my own choice of headphones.

I'm waiting on delivery of the FILTER, "FILTER shipments beginning in March" but it's almost the end of March now.
I just ordered. Audeze should be closer to target than some other crowdfunded stuff. But crowdfunded products often miss the target so i’m not too worried.

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2022 at 5:09 PM Post #43 of 73
Different strokes for different folks I guess. I’m on calls for probably 2/3rds of my work week and I switch between a hockey puck style mic/speaker for conference calls I don’t have to speak much and a Bluetooth earpiece for when I’m leading a call or having a 1-on-1 and both leave a lot to be desired. I searched for a while for something better and didn’t find anything that was worth the cost. This seems like it might fit the bill if it sounds good with media playback as well.

You can always add a subscription to Krisp, which adds both noise cancelling for your side as well as for the other side of the conversation. At least on PC, I didn't check whether it is available for other platforms.
In terms of headset, my favourite noise cancelling headset is ... Aftershokz OpenComm. The nice thing about bone conducting headsets is you still keep some environmental awareness, so you want shout out your conversation to everyone, or you'll be aware some family member is adressing you - while still not audible to other participants to the conversation -.
Simply switch up the boom mic and the other side barely hears anything, it cancels out environmental noise very well. Switch the mic down and you're crystal clear to the other side, still blocking noise around you from coming through.
I bought this after a demo by EBPman on YouTube (), and it does answers my conferencing need completely. It's tied to both my pc (via a BT dongle I bougth, to easily switch PC) and my phone. Quite often I go to the kitchen for a coffee during a meeting I transferred to the phone, and nobody hears my barista activities :wink:
Besides, it so light and inobtrusive you can easily wear it 12 hours a day.

The "quality" of the sound is excellent for conversation, but barely adequate for music. No match for a serious IEM. But that was never the goal.

Mar 20, 2022 at 5:19 PM Post #45 of 73
You can order now. I'm a bit in doubt, as I have 2 Jabra 710's which give a great sound when linked together. They are less portable than one Audeze Filter of course.
As for the noise cancelling, I have Krisp installed, and Teams and Zoom have some build-in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back