Audeze Filter
Nov 10, 2022 at 6:49 PM Post #47 of 73
Wonder when I'll get mine... Bluetooth in my car is a joke, I may get more use out of it than I thought.

Nov 10, 2022 at 9:43 PM Post #48 of 73
Recieved my filter a few days ago
Feels solid, hinges are nice, with Microsoft TEAMS and Zoom (have to use both for my job) no problems at all recognizing and using the filter, Audeze did a great job on compatibility

Working with others on my team, did some testing
For both MS TEAMS my team said when I used both Noise Cancelling built into TEAMS and the one on the filter i sounded a little like talking in a bowl/tube. Turning off either noise cancelling netted a more natural voice
For testing I turned off the Noise Cancelling in MS TEAMs and only used the one in the filter, and ran my central heating for a source of noise (plus my furry kids added their voices by barking from time to time)
High, Medium or Low noise cancelling on the filter those on the other side of the call said they could NOT hear the heater blower noise OR the barking dogs. They did say my voice sounded a little more natural in the low mode,

I then ran through the Wide, med and narrow beam forming for the Mic.
They said it made no difference on sound quality but noticed when I had noise cancelling off for this test it made a difference of sounds off to the side (like the barking dogs) less noticeable in the narrow mode than the wide mode
narrow you do need to be right in front of the mics, Wide I was able to be as much as 80' to 90' off center

One of the people who I tested with is a sound engineer and he was pretty impressed by the Filter especially for its size.

I'm happy with the device, and my tests are by no means end all be all, and of course this is just my own findings and YMMV.
but from my very limited testing thus far, pretty happy with the purchase and look forward to using this as I travel on business!

Nov 14, 2022 at 9:01 PM Post #50 of 73
Pretty frustrated right now. I updated my shipping address on Indiegogo several months ago now, but despite this my Filter was shipped to my previous address, where I haven't lived for quite some time.

Updates on this thread led me to check and see if it had shipped yet, only to find an email showing it was delivered last week. Per the FedEx tracking info it was signed for by my old landlords under my name, so I realize there's very little point reaching out to customer service now.

Regardless, wanted to let everyone to know that updating your shipping address on Indiegogo as was originally suggested by Audeze is clearly not sufficient. I reached out to my landlords and asked them to reship it to me at my cost, but seriously doubt that's going to happen.

Nov 15, 2022 at 12:34 PM Post #51 of 73
Pretty frustrated right now. I updated my shipping address on Indiegogo several months ago now, but despite this my Filter was shipped to my previous address, where I haven't lived for quite some time.

Updates on this thread led me to check and see if it had shipped yet, only to find an email showing it was delivered last week. Per the FedEx tracking info it was signed for by my old landlords under my name, so I realize there's very little point reaching out to customer service now.

Regardless, wanted to let everyone to know that updating your shipping address on Indiegogo as was originally suggested by Audeze is clearly not sufficient. I reached out to my landlords and asked them to reship it to me at my cost, but seriously doubt that's going to happen.

I just sent you a PM. Apologies that we shipped to the wrong address for you, we'll see what we can do to make things right.

Nov 15, 2022 at 8:02 PM Post #52 of 73
I just sent you a PM. Apologies that we shipped to the wrong address for you, we'll see what we can do to make things right.
Want to update this and say that I greatly appreciate @Iron_Dreamer 's willingness to make things right. Amazing customer service from Audeze. I apologize for the tone of my previous message.

Dec 23, 2022 at 3:33 PM Post #53 of 73
I received mine a few days ago. The microphone works great. The main negative is my Filter drains battery while it's connected via USB (i've never had a device do this). Also, the speaker is great for the human voice, which is the purpose of the device, but sounds horrible for music.

Dec 28, 2022 at 12:57 AM Post #54 of 73
Mine came in today, but I'm on holidays so haven't had a chance to try it out.
PXL_20221228_033813515.jpg

Dec 28, 2022 at 3:45 PM Post #55 of 73
I got the Audeze Filter. The speaker is great for voice. The mic features are kinda cool. I look forward to seeing greater improvements in the coming years. Really loud background noises, especially loud noises that come on and then disappear for a while and come back again, it doesn't work as well as it probably will in the future.

Dec 31, 2022 at 7:02 AM Post #56 of 73
Hey,

Any idea what kind of EQ could be applied to make this work a little better for occasionally using for music? It's still better than phone or laptop speakers.

@Audeze any possibility of adding EQ to go with that 1 DB (or not possible if via regular BT stack). Alternatively I have USB audio player which has both regular EQ and Parametric EQ (the latter I'm less familiar with, but if you have any tips I'd be grateful

Thank you,
Chris

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2022 at 8:03 AM Post #57 of 73
Hello again,

@Audeze,

While I'm thinking of requests, any possibility of changing LED options? Thinking both brightness or failing that ability to disable the LED even when options are selected. Both the settings LED and the blue connected light are very bright, so thinking both for battery life but also to avoid distractions.

Thanks again,
Chris

P.s.

congratulations on nailing the Bluetooth range by the way. Going into a different room with phone in pocket and no issues.

Jan 3, 2023 at 3:49 PM Post #58 of 73
hi again @Audeze

when charging and connected via USB to Windows and looking at charge % in the app, which % is the correct percentage?
e.g. at the moment when turned off the device reports 21% (now climbed to 28% I typed). But when I turn it on the device has 63% (now 75% as I type)

is this just some kind of standby delay?

Thanks

Jan 26, 2023 at 8:36 PM Post #59 of 73
Got a Filter today.

Hardware seems very nice; it feels substantial and very solid.

Unit acted oddly from the outset. Paired up fine, but only the speaker worked (sounds very good, especially for something this size). Never got anything out of the microphone so couldn't try ANY of its useful features. As soon as the unit was connected, regardless of whether it was via Bluetooth or USB, it started acted weird. Touching any of the "buttons" resulted in progressively longer delays before they did anything ... including powering off (which wound up taking 60 seconds at the end).

And it would randomly disconnect and when reconnected wouldn't show up as either USB or Bluetooth. But only AFTER you'd touched a "button".

Tried the firmware update. That consistently failed, both from the desktop Hub app and via the Hub app on iOS.

Full reset ... no change.

Audeze support were very responsive, but ultimately it turned out to be borked.

That's fine. Unfortunate, and disappointing. But it happens. No issue getting it returned. I'll probably get another unit when I have time to play with it properly.

Other thoughts:

The (nicely made) supplied USB cable is too short and stiff to be useful, unless you have a USB hub in the middle of your desk, or you're using it straight out of a laptop.

On macOS ... the "Hub" software is awful.

We're talking as bad as Chord's "GoFigure" on iOS ...

For a start it's not signed/notarized ... so you have to take multiple security steps for the OS to let it run at all. If you're running a Mac in a managed environment, and don't have Admin privileges, then you're not going to get this going. And if you put in a ticket, IT will probably pitch a fit when you tell them you have to allow unverified code to run.

Very strange choices for what I imagine for most will be a business/work tool.

Anyway .. then, when you do get it running, it's all custom UX with big gamer-style graphics, for no apparent reason. Seriously ... it's a tool ... just do a basic Preferences extension and call it good.

Mar 22, 2023 at 7:14 PM Post #60 of 73
I got the Audeze Filter. The speaker is great for voice. The mic features are kinda cool. I look forward to seeing greater improvements in the coming years. Really loud background noises, especially loud noises that come on and then disappear for a while and come back again, it doesn't work as well as it probably will in the future.
I always use KRISP with different head sets and different conf call SW (Zoom, Teams,...) when connected to my pc.

So far the reaction of listeners on the clarity of my voice is ok.
I like both the build quality and the portability of the Filter. It will be my most compact traveling set...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back