Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015
Feb 6, 2015 at 7:17 PM Post #2,221 of 6,486
Sometimes marketing is interesting.

Lcd-2: "For the best performance The LCD-2 requires an external headphone amplifier."

Lcd-3: "For the best results Audeze recommends pairing the LCD-3 with an external headphone amplifier."

Lcd-x: "The LCD-X is an extremely efficient headphone that extracts the maximum power out of low-powered amplifiers and portable devices."

Lcd-xc: "The LCD-XC is the finest closed-back planar available, sensitive enough to be driven directly by portable players and mobile devices, but an external amplifier produces better sonic results."

El8: "The EL-8 is flexible, portable, lightweight and loaded with new technology for extreme performance. It works beautifully with most portable players and phones."

What's funny, is that all these will get better with external amplification. Every. Single. One.
I get their angle though. It's more inclusive to let folks believe that you don't need external amplification.

Feb 6, 2015 at 7:24 PM Post #2,222 of 6,486
Can you tell me how the EL8 sound with this :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wv6hz6NCL5M

That is the only thing I ever listen to on headphones 24 hours a day 7 days a week, I want some high end headphones to play it repeatedly 24 hours a day with best bass and soundstage. Can you test and tell me plz.

Feb 6, 2015 at 7:52 PM Post #2,224 of 6,486
  ^^ Have you had a few adult beverages? 

But either way I listen to techno viking youtube video from when I get out of bed in the morning, until I go to sleep at night, I have been doing this since it was released in 2000 (15 years, 16 hours a day) and will do this until the day I die, it is all I have ever listened to and I am seeking the best possible reproduction of it at whatever price I have to pay to get that.

Feb 6, 2015 at 7:56 PM Post #2,225 of 6,486

But either way I listen to techno viking youtube video from when I get out of bed in the morning, until I go to sleep at night, I have been doing this since it was released in 2000 (15 years, 16 hours a day) and will do this until the day I die, it is all I have ever listened to and I am seeking the best possible reproduction of it at whatever price I have to pay to get that.

have you check out the extreme bass thread of head-fi?

hawaiibadboy is pretty knowledgeable with best bass headphones. maybe he can points you in regards to soundstage too....

Feb 6, 2015 at 7:59 PM Post #2,226 of 6,486

have you check out the extreme bass thread of head-fi?

hawaiibadboy is pretty knowledgeable with best bass headphones. maybe he can points you in regards to soundstage too....

Ok thanks but I need comfort as well because I listen to it 16-24 hours a day.

Feb 6, 2015 at 9:02 PM Post #2,229 of 6,486
Well apparently the HE560, which I've demoed at length, are also lighter, but I didn't notice. The HE500 was definitely heftier; pretty sure the HE1000 was too but not positive on that one.

Definitely lighter than other Audeze cans...lets see...I felt that the Mad Dogs and HE400s were heavier, but the numbers are telling a different story...I guess I just really liked the fit of the EL8s *shrug*

Haven't heard the Oppos.

If that is the case, then it may indicate some clever design related to comfort.
i.e. It measures on the scales as being heavier - but feels lighter by the wearer.

Feb 6, 2015 at 9:03 PM Post #2,230 of 6,486
  They pretty much have more or less.  Directly from their website:

EL-8 Open-Back Headphone

The EL-8 is flexible, portable, lightweight and loaded with new technology for extreme performance. It works beautifully with most portable players and phones. Designed by BMWDesignWorks USA and available in open and closed-back models, they're built with superb craftsmanship, wood veneer accents, and enormous attention to detail. The EL-8 is possessed of the world's most advanced planar magnetic technology with sound quality unheard of in this or any other price category. 

this is designed to kick the ass of the X /XC / etc  ...i am excited !!

Feb 6, 2015 at 9:21 PM Post #2,231 of 6,486
  That is the only thing I ever listen to on headphones 24 hours a day 7 days a week, I want some high end headphones to play it repeatedly 24 hours a day with best bass and soundstage. Can you test and tell me plz.

Feb 6, 2015 at 11:47 PM Post #2,234 of 6,486
Just think someday these headphones will be out in the community and we might have an idea on how they sound. Or we might even wait and demo a pair for ourselves. I look forward to trying them.:cool:

Feb 7, 2015 at 12:48 AM Post #2,235 of 6,486
I somehow highly doubt they're going to be LCD-X killers because it literally would make no business sense. I'm fully expecting something like LCD-X lite that will allow people with lower budgets to get hooked on Audeze.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back