Audeze EL-8 Closed Version Impressions Thread
Mar 26, 2016 at 8:06 PM Post #301 of 711
I am sorry but I have the opposite answer from Audeze support.

Besides, I have tested side by side Titanium vs old closed ones with standard jack cables and they are so different. Titanium sounds much better and balance. No one of the problems of the old closed are in the Titaniums.

Of course everything changes when you plug the cipher cable. Specially if you are using European iPhones. Titaniums become amazing.

My reply is from 5 days ago, I asked them if there was any difference between the TI and regular closed version. So possible they updated the closed when they released the TI, which would make both statements correct?

Mar 30, 2016 at 10:00 PM Post #308 of 711

I am expecting my replacement EL8 tomorrow. If I do not receive a "white box", I should commence to spew vitriol all over this page in a rage?

Mar 31, 2016 at 10:06 AM Post #310 of 711
  It is a shame a few people had issues with these head phones which created a lot of noise on the forums. These cans are spectacular

I think a further issue is knowing if the headphones have the issue or not.
I'm trying to get a local member to bring their "white" pair to a meet, so I can get some ear time. As far as I understand the issue, my pair is pristine - but it is not the "white" pair.

Mar 31, 2016 at 10:45 AM Post #311 of 711

I am expecting my replacement EL8 tomorrow. If I do not receive a "white box", I should commence to spew vitriol all over this page in a rage?

I bought my pair in December, it was a white box. You should be in the clear.

Mar 31, 2016 at 12:03 PM Post #312 of 711
  It is a shame a few people had issues with these head phones which created a lot of noise on the forums. These cans are spectacular

More than a few, but Audeze took care of their customers and backed up their product in a very responsible and professional manner.

Apr 2, 2016 at 7:16 PM Post #313 of 711
I got my "white box" replacement yesterday and this one is much better. The brightness has been taken care of, while leaving everything else intact. Good work Audeze!
smile.gif

Apr 4, 2016 at 7:02 AM Post #315 of 711
  I got my "white box" replacement yesterday and this one is much better. The brightness has been taken care of, while leaving everything else intact. Good work Audeze!
smile.gif

Yeah, huge difference from the version with defective highs, even without burn in. It's a shame so many got the version with the bad highs and return them or even sell them thinking that's the way they're supposed to sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back