Audeze EL-8 Closed Version Impressions Thread
Apr 10, 2016 at 9:40 AM Post #331 of 711
Ah, that was Peter from Double Helix Cables.

We're both good friends, talk often via Messenger.

The cables for my EL8 Ti are Molecule Elite Fusion 4-Wire balanced.

Originally bought as single-ended when I purchased the now discontinued 2015 Audeze EL8 CB, after getting the Onkyo DP-X1 I asked him to recable it with a new 2.5 mm TRRS Eidolic termination.

He went on to build two more cables. You can read about them here.

And though both my Audeze 2015 EL8 CB and Onkyo DP-X1 developed faults early this year, both have been replaced.
In regards to the former, Audeze went from sending me 2016 EL8 CB to just upgrading me to EL8 Titanium.
My cables look slick, but....
I've asked Peter to possibly build me his flagship Complement4 cables for my EL8 Ti and Heir Audio 4.Ai IEM's ^^
I'll try to rob a bank or somert to support such cables ofc
wink.gif

I haven't seen anyone else make cables for the EL-8's which is why I ask. Can you provide me with his contact info via PM I am in need of a silver cable for my EL-8's.

Apr 10, 2016 at 10:36 AM Post #332 of 711
  I haven't seen anyone else make cables for the EL-8's which is why I ask. Can you provide me with his contact info via PM I am in need of a silver cable for my EL-8's.

Sent a PM, have fun!

Apr 10, 2016 at 11:58 AM Post #333 of 711
Hi yeah I I have this too with my March 2016 White box open el8s. If I move my head to the left or right I also get a sound like plastic bubble wrap

Has anyone else encountered this problem, where if you shift/turn your head and change the pad pressure slightly, the channel briefly fades out a bit then comes back when you keep your head still?

Apr 10, 2016 at 12:28 PM Post #334 of 711
Hi yeah I I have this too with my March 2016 White box open el8s. If I move my head to the left or right I also get a sound like plastic bubble wrap

This was covered earlier.
Most planar magnetic headphones (orthodynamic) have this issue.
It's pressure of air between your ears to the diaphragm. Moving the earpieces of the headphone changes that pressure. When the headphone is seated well, no or minor issues.

The EL8 needs to be in a fixed, comfortable position on your noggin, which will set the pressure between ear/diaphragm to cause no problems.

However, YMMV.

Also, CONGRATULATIONS on getting a 2016 EL8 series headphone!
(I assume the certificate of authenticity is dated this year, right?).

Apr 10, 2016 at 1:03 PM Post #335 of 711
Ah that's interesting. Apologies, I hadn't read that before. Yeah certificate is 2016. So does that change in pressure explain the plastic bubble wrap sound as well?

Apr 10, 2016 at 1:05 PM Post #336 of 711
Ah that's interesting. Apologies, I hadn't read that before. Yeah certificate is 2016. So does that change in pressure explain the plastic bubble wrap sound as well?

Yep

:)

Apr 11, 2016 at 2:30 AM Post #338 of 711
Morning setup

• Audeze EL8 Titanium
  • Onkyo DP-X1 in High Gain, balanced AGC mode
  • DHC Molecule Elite Fusion 4-Wire balanced cable

Music:
  • Underworld's 'Barbara Barbara, We Face A Shining Future' (the track 'If Rah' sounds KILLER!):

[VIDEO]https://youtu.be/n6f3yLHifFI[/VIDEO]

Apr 12, 2016 at 11:56 AM Post #342 of 711
I made a video to highlight the sound: https://youtu.be/1ImVqKHs8QY

Just wondering if it's normal or not. Still have 12 days to return/exchange it at the Apple store.

Ok, watched video.

Tested my EL8 Titanium.

I get creaks too. Normal noise from the internal elastic band sliding inside the metal headband as it retensions from the extra excursion put on them.

Gosh, a mouthful that!

Apr 12, 2016 at 12:02 PM Post #344 of 711
Thanks for the confirmation. Makes me feel better.

No problem dude, anytime!

And if I'm to go by anything, when I had issues with my old 2015 EL8 CB, I got both a replacement and upgrade in the form of a new EL8 Titanium!

Thus, you are backed by one of the world's best warranty protections AND incredible customer services.

Welcome to the Audeze club, my friend, enjoy your stay ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back