Audeze EL-8 Closed Version Impressions Thread
Apr 12, 2016 at 12:17 PM Post #348 of 711
  From what I read. EL-8C has larger sound stage for sure both sound good. I can't go into much more detail then that as I have not tested them myself.

So probably not worth the price of the upgrade if the only difference is the soundstage.  The SINE are quite good but I didn't have a good experience with the open EL-8.

Apr 12, 2016 at 12:18 PM Post #349 of 711

How's the sound of the new EL-8C versus the SINE ? 

Thanks

Hi P,

I just compared (an hour ago) the Sine vs EL-8 Titaniums. I'm not good at articulating sonic characteristics but the thing I can tell you is that I'm returning the Sine. 
wink.gif

Edit: I should add that one of the factors that influenced my decision was that the Sine didn't sit too well on my ears. 

Apr 12, 2016 at 12:20 PM Post #350 of 711

Hi P,

I just compared (an hour ago) the Sine vs EL-8 Titaniums. I'm not good at articulating sonic characteristics but the thing I can tell you is that I'm returning the Sine. 
wink.gif

Edit: I should add that one of the factors that influenced my decision was that the Sine didn't sit too well on my ears. 

Interesting
wink.gif

Thanks

Apr 12, 2016 at 12:22 PM Post #351 of 711
So probably not worth the price of the upgrade if the only difference is the soundstage.  The SINE are quite good but I didn't have a good experience with the open EL-8.

If you have the Sine, then there's no real need to upgrade to the 2016 EL8 CB unless you want an open back, for which the 2016 EL8 would be a fair upgrade.
Alternatively, if you want Cypher cable, you can get one for Sine and any EL8 separately; it's not just for EL8 Titanium.

I love the look of the EL8 Ti btw <3

Unless you're not happy with the Sine and willing to sell it for any of the 2016 EL8 headphones, it would be better to save up for the 2016 LCD line or other high end head (Mr Speakers Ether C perhaps?).

Apr 12, 2016 at 12:24 PM Post #352 of 711
Hi P,

I just compared (an hour ago) the Sine vs EL-8 Titaniums. I'm not good at articulating sonic characteristics but the thing I can tell you is that I'm returning the Sine. :wink:  

Interesting :wink:

Thanks

Oh, and to my last post comfort too, something Kermy just mentioned.

If Sine is uncomfortable, that gives greater reason to get 2016 EL8 series.

And if you do upgrade PLEASE MAKE SURE IT IS THE 2016 VARIANTS. Certificate of authentication is your friend!

Apr 12, 2016 at 1:49 PM Post #354 of 711
Hi theoneinyellow! I have sent you a pm.

Hi dude, will respond once I'm done writing audio stuff everywhere.

At least I'm enjoying Disclosure's Caracal album on Onkyo DP-X1 in balanced AGC mode, with Audeze EL8 Titanium headphones using Double Helix Cables Molecule Elite Fusion 4-Wire balanced cable he he he he he he he he he he he <3

Apr 12, 2016 at 2:00 PM Post #355 of 711
If you have the Sine, then there's no real need to upgrade to the 2016 EL8 CB unless you want an open back, for which the 2016 EL8 would be a fair upgrade.
Alternatively, if you want Cypher cable, you can get one for Sine and any EL8 separately; it's not just for EL8 Titanium.

I love the look of the EL8 Ti btw <3

Unless you're not happy with the Sine and willing to sell it for any of the 2016 EL8 headphones, it would be better to save up for the 2016 LCD line or other high end head (Mr Speakers Ether C perhaps?).

As far as I am aware I haven't seen a Cypher for the EL-8CB non Ti version available to purchase separately yet.

Apr 12, 2016 at 2:05 PM Post #356 of 711
As far as I am aware I haven't seen a Cypher for the EL-8CB non Ti version available to purchase separately yet.

That's weird, it should be available by now on the Audeze website...

Well anyway, contact Audeze customer support, they'll sort you out at cost of getting the Cypher/Cipher cable (I'd be surprised if they didn't).

Apr 12, 2016 at 2:27 PM Post #358 of 711
I plan on getting a chord mojo instead, though the cable is nice and compact.

Chord Mojo is great if you have current single-ended headphones and wish to delve into balanced audio later.

From worst to best:
Onkyo DP-X1 single-ended < Onkyo DP-X1 + Chord Mojo single-ended < Onkyo DP-X1 in balanced BTL mode < Onkyo DP-X1 Balanced in AGC mode.

However, if you never intend to use balanced headphones, don't get Onkyo DP-X1.
Get Pioneer XDP-100R so you can still have 2x MicroSD slots and MQA support,and use with Mojo.

That's my opinion ofc, and YMMV,as well as needs.

SORRY I got confused what forum thread I was on.

Chord Mojo is great GET IT!

Apr 12, 2016 at 2:50 PM Post #359 of 711
Chord Mojo is great if you have current single-ended headphones and wish to delve into balanced audio later.

From worst to best:
Onkyo DP-X1 single-ended < Onkyo DP-X1 + Chord Mojo single-ended < Onkyo DP-X1 in balanced BTL mode < Onkyo DP-X1 Balanced in AGC mode.

However, if you never intend to use balanced headphones, don't get Onkyo DP-X1.
Get Pioneer XDP-100R so you can still have 2x MicroSD slots and MQA support,and use with Mojo.

That's my opinion ofc, and YMMV,as well as needs.

SORRY I got confused what forum thread I was on.

Chord Mojo is great GET IT!

Yeah I am not looking for a dap. Need a Travel Amp.Dac combo for my macbook and iphone.

Apr 12, 2016 at 2:52 PM Post #360 of 711
Yeah I am not looking for a dap. Need a Travel Amp.Dac combo for my macbook and iphone.

I modified my post before you quoted me, but it is my bad anyway, sorry...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back