Audeze EL-8 Closed Version Impressions Thread
Mar 11, 2016 at 9:40 PM Post #274 of 711
Mar 12, 2016 at 2:45 PM Post #276 of 711
Question for the group. 

I am traveling and I don't have a travel amp/dac set up. I am listening to a song right now on my 2015 Retina Macbook and it is painfully bright.

More then likely this is the Dac built into the Macbook right?

I did not have this issue at home on my Deckard.

Mar 12, 2016 at 3:32 PM Post #277 of 711
Question for the group. 

I am traveling and I don't have a travel amp/dac set up. I am listening to a song right now on my 2015 Retina Macbook and it is painfully bright.

More then likely this is the Dac built into the Macbook right?

I did not have this issue at home on my Deckard.

Do you have the iTunes EQ on? Maybe the song itself is bright.

Mar 12, 2016 at 4:49 PM Post #281 of 711
  I think its the lack of dac/amp. Can't imagine the dac in here is very good.

I have the 2015 Macbook Pro and the DAC doesn't seem to have any brightness to me, I don't know if you have the regular Macbook or the Pro though. 

Mar 18, 2016 at 7:54 AM Post #283 of 711
News from Audeze.

They have confirmed me by email that EL-8s are all compatible with the cipher lightning cable.
I would like to clarify it because there is a little confusion in some official retailers about it.

Some retailers told me in the past that Audeze will release an specific cipher cable for each EL-8.

Yesterday I have tested my cipher cable with EL8 open back and it works perfectly.
Same benefits as in the Titanium ones :wink:

Mar 18, 2016 at 8:26 AM Post #284 of 711
  News from Audeze.

They have confirmed me by email that EL-8s are all compatible with the cipher lightning cable.
I would like to clarify it because there is a little confusion in some official retailers about it.

Some retailers told me in the past that Audeze will release an specific cipher cable for each EL-8.

Yesterday I have tested my cipher cable with EL8 open back and it works perfectly.
Same benefits as in the Titanium ones :wink:

I have used the cipher on both the titanium and the open....it works for both

Users who are viewing this thread

Back