Audeze EL-8 Closed Version Impressions Thread
Mar 8, 2016 at 4:54 PM Post #257 of 711
 This is big enough to securely hold the headphones and some other gear.  It's a better form factor than the available Pelican brand cases.

I use mine mostly for air travel, so if you're looking for something to throw in a backpack, it may be too big.  It will definitely protect the EL-8s without being scratched and is waterproof and drop resisitent.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007B65A38?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

That looks cool. Wish they made one that was soft shell style and a little smaller like the size of the headphones. Very cool case but doesn't look like it would fit in any of my carry on's.

Thanks. It's hard to find a case that's smaller yet still deep enough to fit the headphones. I went though the catalogs of pretty much all of the quality case manufacturers and this is the best compromise I could find.

This does fit in my small carry on, but I completely understand that it's bigger than a lot of people want to deal with. There's also a handle, so sometime I just carry it separately.

Mar 8, 2016 at 4:57 PM Post #258 of 711
Thanks. It's hard to find a case that's smaller yet still deep enough to fit the headphones. I went though the catalogs of pretty much all of the quality case manufacturers and this is the best compromise I could find.

This does fit in my small carry on, but I completely understand that it's bigger than a lot of people want to deal with. There's also a handle, so sometime I just carry it separately.

My carry on is this typically.Which fits my Leica stuff, my Shure SE 535's, and my Macbook 2015 Retina or my Surface pro 4, sometimes both if I don't bring to much camera stuff (one is work one is fun).
https://www.billingham.co.uk/hadley-pro.html

I will probably be moving to something like this for a carry on since I will want to bring these along from now on.

https://www.billingham.co.uk/catalog/product/view/id/42/category/4/

Which should hold the EL-8's and all my stuff in a case about the size of the Audeze Travel Case. Would be nice if the made a modular type soft shell.

Mar 9, 2016 at 10:24 AM Post #263 of 711
I have contacted Audeze regarding the "issues" with their EL8 Travel Case and they send me a complete set of instructions with pictures that I would like to share with you:

Audeze Recommendations:
+ ALWAYS use your foam insert to protect your headphone during travel!
+ Avoid getting your travel case wet.

Instructions:

1. Pivot Earcups to the flat position with Yokes facing out. 

2. Place pedestals on the foam insert into the Earcups.

3.Place headphone with foam insert into the case.

Pro tip: to ensure proper fit, line up the top of the head band with the top of the case! 

Mar 10, 2016 at 4:57 PM Post #265 of 711
  I have contacted Audeze regarding the "issues" with their EL8 Travel Case and they send me a complete set of instructions with pictures that I would like to share with you:

Audeze Recommendations:
+ ALWAYS use your foam insert to protect your headphone during travel!
+ Avoid getting your travel case wet.

Instructions:

1. Pivot Earcups to the flat position with Yokes facing out. 

2. Place pedestals on the foam insert into the Earcups.

3.Place headphone with foam insert into the case.

Pro tip: to ensure proper fit, line up the top of the head band with the top of the case! 

Awesome info thanks.

Mar 10, 2016 at 9:59 PM Post #267 of 711
  Just got the titanium version and they sound awesome...only problem is the cipher cable doesn't work with EQU.....But, the EQ app is decent

Cool. How is the soundstage with the Titanium version?

Mar 11, 2016 at 5:32 AM Post #269 of 711
Mar 11, 2016 at 6:25 AM Post #270 of 711

I have tried both themes with EL8 Titanium with the cipher cable, Ultrasone HFI780 and 2 KRK ROKIT 8 in a 1.5m stereo configuration.
All from an iPhone 6+ with Tidal HIFI. I am sorry but I do not have open headphones to compare. 

We are talking about closed headphones so it is imposible to get the big soundstage you get with the KRKs.

In my opinion, "Poetry man" it is well resolved in EL8T offering a medium soundstage where you are in the first line of the concert, specially when people clap. 
Everything happens near or around you but in any case you do not feel a swallowed scene.

I like that kind of sound for jazz genre where you can feel that are part of the band. 

In "Jezebel", the feelings are similar.
Of course, because of the echo you feel that you are in a bigger concert room or in an empty room where Sade and their musicians play ONLY for you.

Again the EL8T offers you that kind of intimacy, that kind of sound. 
It is not good or bad. It is just like that, it is what you can expect for a closed headphones. 

If you need more comments, please do not hesitate to ask :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back