Audeze EL-8 Closed Version Impressions Thread
Mar 19, 2016 at 11:31 AM Post #286 of 711

Cool. How is the soundstage with the Titanium version?

They are a closed phone, so it's congested. Not horrible, actually pretty good for closed, but not an open sound by any means.

Mar 24, 2016 at 11:51 AM Post #288 of 711
I received this EL-8 update from Audeze customer service today. Not sure if they mean only my closed version or if they also mean open:

We've been a little back-ordered on these headphones. We are building them as quickly and safely as they can, and we almost caught up. I have just checked with our Production manager, and they will be starting to ship out next week. 

Mar 24, 2016 at 4:32 PM Post #290 of 711
Mar 26, 2016 at 11:09 AM Post #295 of 711
Thanks!

This is a woo audio support and the previous one a Silverstone.
I wanted to check if the headband rests in similar way in both of them :wink:

Yeah, they're both curved pieces of metal, it's going to be pretty darn similar.

Mar 26, 2016 at 6:11 PM Post #297 of 711
Besides including the Cipher cable and a different exterior look, are there any differences between the Titanium and the "older" EL-8 closed cans?

From Audeze Support
Thanks for your inquiry. The EL-8 headphones are all the same on the inside, the only difference is the color and the Lightning cable that comes with the Titaniums.

Mar 26, 2016 at 6:32 PM Post #299 of 711
Besides including the Cipher cable and a different exterior look, are there any differences between the Titanium and the "older" EL-8 closed cans?

I am sorry but I have the opposite answer from Audeze support.

Besides, I have tested side by side Titanium vs old closed ones with standard jack cables and they are so different. Titanium sounds much better and balance. No one of the problems of the old closed are in the Titaniums.

Of course everything changes when you plug the cipher cable. Specially if you are using European iPhones. Titaniums become amazing.

Mar 26, 2016 at 7:04 PM Post #300 of 711

I am sorry but I have the opposite answer from Audeze support.

Besides, I have tested side by side Titanium vs old closed ones with standard jack cables and they are so different. Titanium sounds much better and balance. No one of the problems of the old closed are in the Titaniums.

Of course everything changes when you plug the cipher cable. Specially if you are using European iPhones. Titaniums become amazing.

What did Audeze tell you was different?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back