Audeze DSP presets now available in Roon
Dec 25, 2017 at 1:25 PM Post #91 of 166
I really like this, been testing for weeks now, but can't seem to decide on what filter to use, processing speed with linear is at 39x and low-latency is at 57x using tidal.
Given you have plenty of processing power, linear phase filters will be my suggestion. It provides bit more transparency/depth/clarity over the low latency filters.

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2017 at 1:32 PM Post #92 of 166
I feel that its best with the linear also, so i will stick with that :) its really great to have this plugin with roon. I didnt know roon from before this, so im very glad for this and i will be a lifetime subscriber. Its way better then the tidal app inn all aspcects. And the plugin just tops i all!

Aug 10, 2021 at 7:24 PM Post #96 of 166
I've recently bought a pair of LCD-X and I'm really keen to play around with Roon to consider a long term purchase. Any chance there is a currently valid 60 day trial code?

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2021 at 11:14 AM Post #99 of 166
To answer my own question after contacting Audeze support, it's the pre-2021 presets for now. The new ones should be ready soon and they will be handed over to Roon at some point. Roon then need to implement them in their software.
We have provided Roon with LCD-1. LCD-GX, 2021 LCDX/XC presets, they show up for me along with the old LCD-X/XC presets. As Roon partner we do see things before they make a public release, but if you have not done so recently try to restart Roon or update to latest version.
1631632229499.png

1631632304000.png
ps: We should probably update the 2021 pictures!

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2021 at 1:22 PM Post #100 of 166
We have provided Roon with LCD-1. LCD-GX, 2021 LCDX/XC presets, they show up for me along with the old LCD-X/XC presets. As Roon partner we do see things before they make a public release, but if you have not done so recently try to restart Roon or update to latest version.

I really like this feature of Roon and I think it reflects very well on Audeze. I wish other headphone manufacturers would do this.

Any chance of adding the LCD-R or are there too few to make it worthwhile?

Sep 14, 2021 at 1:34 PM Post #101 of 166
1631632229499.png

1631632304000.png
ps: We should probably update the 2021 pictures!
This is great news. I have a brand new Roon system (built over the last few days) and the 2021 LCD-X/XC presets are not there yet. I'll keep checking and I'm sure they'll appear very soon.

Oct 17, 2021 at 2:57 AM Post #103 of 166
This is great news. I have a brand new Roon system (built over the last few days) and the 2021 LCD-X/XC presets are not there yet. I'll keep checking and I'm sure they'll appear very soon.
So I guess you've seen by now that the presets are now there, or at least they are in the U.S.. Have you tried them? I'm considering a pair of the new LCD-X and have a lifetime sub to Roon so I'm very interested in the possibilities here. I've had a LCD-2 before and they couldn't compare to my Clear Mg's, are these worth giving Audeze another try, particularly with the Roon eq setting?

Oct 17, 2021 at 4:25 AM Post #104 of 166
So I guess you've seen by now that the presets are now there, or at least they are in the U.S.. Have you tried them? I'm considering a pair of the new LCD-X and have a lifetime sub to Roon so I'm very interested in the possibilities here. I've had a LCD-2 before and they couldn't compare to my Clear Mg's, are these worth giving Audeze another try, particularly with the Roon eq setting?
Yes, I did try the new 2021 LCD-X presets in Roon and they are very, very good. The sound is a little 'darker', which I like. There does seem to be an issue with MQA decoding depending on the filter setting, but that's not a show-stopper for me. That may be a problem with Roon rather than the Audeze presets.

Paradoxically, I like both the presets in Roon and stock sound of the 2021 LCD-X depending on the mood I'm in. They are both equally appealing to me.

Oct 17, 2021 at 1:32 PM Post #105 of 166
Yes, I did try the new 2021 LCD-X presets in Roon and they are very, very good. The sound is a little 'darker', which I like. There does seem to be an issue with MQA decoding depending on the filter setting, but that's not a show-stopper for me. That may be a problem with Roon rather than the Audeze presets.

Paradoxically, I like both the presets in Roon and stock sound of the 2021 LCD-X depending on the mood I'm in. They are both equally appealing to me.
Hmm, well, that gives me both encouragement AND pause. Being too dark or, if you'll excuse the cliche "veiled" is what ultimately turned me off the LCD-2's. I know the 2021 LCD-X does not have such a dark sound signature naturally so I'm really just not going to know if I'll like them until I can listen for myself. I have no way to demo anything really other than to buy and return things I don't like. I'm deciding between them and the Denon 9200's and if you order from Denon's own site they give you 60 days to trial them, but they're currently out-of-stock. I also use Sonarworks SoundID Reference for custom Eq, but they've all but stopped releasing new model profiles. I'm using the OG Clear profile for my Clear Mg's. It actually sounds pretty fantastic but I can't help but wonder how much better it could be. I requested a new profile when the Clear Mg's first came out many months ago. They don't have a profile for any Denons nor for the 2021 LCD-X. The Roon presets for that model are what is making it so tempting for me. And the consensus on the 9200's is that they don't really need any Eq. Honestly, hard to make a wrong choice here, but I'd rather make the "right" right choice and save myself some hassle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back