Audeze DSP presets now available in Roon

Discussion in 'Sponsor Announcements and Deals' started by Audeze, Aug 25, 2017.
First

Back
1 2 3 4 5
Page 6 of 7
Next

Last
  1. KMann
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2017
  2. gunwale
    hmm thats weird haha let me try it out later.

3. CoLdAsSauLt
    I suspect, if I understand well myself, you are confusing delay (the time shift of a certain frequency, hence phase shift as well) with latency (the time it takes before the whole filter is calculated, so the time before a note is sent to the DAC after hitting play).

The values you are quoting are to correct a frequency's phase, to shift it in relation with other frequencies. It is a desired delay.

The 3s delay spoken of here, is a byproduct of a long filter which takes 3s to complete. It is not desired, but affects the whole audio image alike so doesn't alter that image in any way.

For playing back music, latency is less an issue. Once you use software instruments (through midi,...) or computer driven live mixing tools, a 3s latency makes it unusable, as everything you do is only heard 3s after the action. So if the VST plugin has this kind of latency e.g., you cannot use it live. For Roon playback, this is not really an issue (+ buffering might alleviate the issue there).

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
  4. Roybenz
    In some songs i get a small buzz inn bass, why?

5. Gowry
    Try adjusting the gain downwards and see if it helps.

6. Gowry
    Sorry, this was supposed to be a reply:

Try adjusting the gain downwards and see if it helps.

Roybenz likes this.
  7. groovyd
    Sorry but no I wasn't confusing delay and phase shift and latency. Sonarworks linear phase filters latency is in the 50ms range not 3sec. No where even near that in fact. It should never take even 1 second to perform linear filter correction on 20-20k audio. Something is simply wrong if that is the case it would be entirely unusable for anything other then simple music listening.

8. groovyd
    Wow, that is then just terrible design, not trying to be insulting but linear filters absolutely do not require that sort of latency for proper processing of audio. Just saying...

9. KMann
  10. groovyd
    You're right... it becomes terrible design when it requires multiple seconds of latency for a decent sounding linear phase filter across 20-20k. Check out Sonarworks sometime. Nothing at all cloudy about their filters and they manage to provide real-time audio that can be used for example in streaming situations.

11. KMann
  12. groovyd
    No, not with 3 second latency, no way. Practicality rules and I hear absolutely nothing wrong with the sub 50ms linear phase filters out there. Zero latency is not possible without predicting the future by the way regardless of what marketing wants to call it.

13. KMann
    Mods -- Please delete

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
  14. groovyd
    Ok so the first sample you receive is a 6 and you are cutting out all frequencies under 1hz. What is the output value? I'm sorry but with one sample you have absolutely no idea how much of this value is part of the under 1hz spectrum. Sure, you can make all sort of assumptions that will cause artifacts and ringing before you actually have enough data to make a determination but I wouldn't call that 'processing' the signal according to the desired filter. It is fudging a convenient answer from insufficient information. Sure eventually you have enough information and things begin correcting themselves but assuming state from the past and getting the proper result for the present is the same as predicting the future and getting the result right from the very start.

15. Roybenz

I really like this, been testing for weeks now, but can't seem to decide on what filter to use, processing speed with linear is at 39x and low-latency is at 57x using tidal.

First

Back
1 2 3 4 5
Page 6 of 7
Next

Last