Audeze CRBN Interview, Review, Measurements
Apr 27, 2023 at 2:02 PM Post #1,786 of 1,910
There is no new revision in 2023. They fixed the farting in all models produced since March 2022. So when you have a older one it may can fart a lot more. Mine from that time has no problems no farting even when moving the head a lot not once a fart since then. People making a drama here for nothing. Send in to Audeze and you get a new model >March 2022 without probs!
There are dealers listing explicitly a 2023 revision tho.
So either there is one or some well known dealers are full lf sh!t

Apr 27, 2023 at 2:21 PM Post #1,787 of 1,910
There is no new revision in 2023. They fixed the farting in all models produced since March 2022. So when you have a older one it may can fart a lot more. Mine from that time has no problems no farting even when moving the head a lot not once a fart since then. People making a drama here for nothing. Send in to Audeze and you get a new model >March 2022 without probs!
If this is the case than Audeze needs to do an official recall on all models prior to March of 2022. Not just wait for those who purchased to figure it out for themselves. Plus, retailers not need to post there is a "new version" when there is not just in hope to squash the bad rep the CRBN has for its issue pre March 2022.

Apr 27, 2023 at 2:21 PM Post #1,788 of 1,910
Yeah, I see what you were referring to as the context of the email. They did not seem very welcoming. I was reluctant to send them back because I really do like the HP, but I can simply turn my head and I get the feedback. I can live with a mild inconvenience, but not every time I move my head.
I had the same issue. Twice. I asked for a customer service rep to call me, and was basically told to just deal with it. That's enough to make me be very salty, especially over a $4k headphone. Spend another grand and pick up a nice used pair of Stax x9000 and don't look back.

Apr 27, 2023 at 2:24 PM Post #1,790 of 1,910
^

Apr 27, 2023 at 4:05 PM Post #1,791 of 1,910
So grounding didn't help more than capping off the ground wire so there must be something else wrong. I will try some other things like removing the dimmer switch function since I read that could cause buzzing in the circuit if the voltage is incorrect (my UPS does measure incorrect voltage so that part is true the AVR on it is always on).

Apr 27, 2023 at 6:03 PM Post #1,792 of 1,910
So grounding didn't help more than capping off the ground wire so there must be something else wrong. I will try some other things like removing the dimmer switch function since I read that could cause buzzing in the circuit if the voltage is incorrect (my UPS does measure incorrect voltage so that part is true the AVR on it is always on).
You might need a DC blocker. I use these in my system and they work perfectly:

https://emotiva.com/collections/all/products/cmx-2

Apr 27, 2023 at 6:17 PM Post #1,793 of 1,910
If this is the case than Audeze needs to do an official recall on all models prior to March of 2022. Not just wait for those who purchased to figure it out for themselves. Plus, retailers not need to post there is a "new version" when there is not just in hope to squash the bad rep the CRBN has for its issue pre March 2022.
Agree, especially with a product with $4.5k price tag. Car manufacturers do that all the time whenever there’s a defect found in a certain batch of production.

That being said, my unit (produced in April 2022) is virtually free of any farts and no sticking stators. And, it sounds brilliant with Bob Katz’ EQ, probably one of the best headphones I’ve heard on my setup.

Apr 27, 2023 at 7:10 PM Post #1,794 of 1,910
Agree, especially with a product with $4.5k price tag. Car manufacturers do that all the time whenever there’s a defect found in a certain batch of production.

That being said, my unit (produced in April 2022) is virtually free of any farts and no sticking stators. And, it sounds brilliant with Bob Katz’ EQ, probably one of the best headphones I’ve heard on my setup.
This is known as the "Ford Explorer/Firestone" decision-making process - they figure it would cost less to perform warranty swaps for the "squeaky wheels" than it would be to recall all produced headsets. Fortunately, the result of a faulty headset isn't a fatality, but the bad PR exists just the same. It's why I'll never own Firestone or Bridgestone tires (or any other tire made by Bridgestone) for the rest of my life.

Apr 27, 2023 at 7:13 PM Post #1,795 of 1,910
This is known as the "Ford Explorer/Firestone" decision-making process - they figure it would cost less to perform warranty swaps for the "squeaky wheels" than it would be to recall all produced headsets. Fortunately, the result of a faulty headset isn't a fatality, but the bad PR exists just the same. It's why I'll never own Firestone or Bridgestone tires (or any other tire made by Bridgestone) for the rest of my life.
Yeah totally understood. I would probably feel the same way if I were you.

Apr 27, 2023 at 7:14 PM Post #1,796 of 1,910
Just out of curiousity how do I know what year mine was made in? I got them this year from a authorized dealer, but they may have been sitting there a while considering I got 50% off.

Apr 27, 2023 at 7:24 PM Post #1,797 of 1,910
Just out of curiousity how do I know what year mine was made in? I got them this year from a authorized dealer, but they may have been sitting there a while considering I got 50% off.
There is a card in your case with the manufactur date on it.

Apr 27, 2023 at 7:51 PM Post #1,798 of 1,910
Apr 27, 2023 at 7:55 PM Post #1,799 of 1,910
Apr 27, 2023 at 7:57 PM Post #1,800 of 1,910

Users who are viewing this thread

Back