Audeze CRBN Interview, Review, Measurements
Feb 21, 2023 at 7:23 PM Post #1,741 of 1,906
From all the Staxes, only the SR-007 Mk1 and SR-5 Gold do it constantly, the SR-007 Mk2 only does it occasionally even after the port mod.
The rest you have to push it deliberately to happen (unless the diaphragm sticks to the stators, which is not common).
FWIW, my Stax SR-007 Mk2 (Blue-Tack Mod) have yet to do it. Ever.

Feb 21, 2023 at 7:30 PM Post #1,742 of 1,906
Why can’t Audeze own up to having had a design or manufacturing problem with the CRBN, state what the problem was and then say when it was fixed and publicly declare that they will stand behind any CRBN that still has problems. Putting the facts out there would dispel misinformation and build trust in the product.
I'd go a step further. Audeze should issue a recall for all CRBN manufactured before whatever the date of the revision was and fix them. By leaving them out in the wild, they are basically using the "Ford Explorer" excuse (it's cheaper to just fix the ones that complain than fix all the ones made with the defect). I consider that the earmark of near-deceptive sales practice. Combine that with a lack of "aggressive" willingness to resolve customer service issues, and you define a less-than-ethical company, IMO. I have never, and will never accept the "squeaky wheel gets the grease" kind of customer service from any company. If a company isn't willing to step forward and deal with a well-documented issue, then I will get out from under them as quickly as possible and put my support (and money) behind a company that stands behind their product. My intention was never to "coerce" Audeze into resolving my problem (hence why I returned the 2nd pair instead of squawking). My intention was to find out if my experience was normal. Unfortunately, it appears that it is the "status quo", and therefore, I moved on. I'm sure Audeze won't suffer my loss, nor will I suffer the loss of them in my headphone arsenal. As I said in my reply to them, time heals all wounds, maybe when v2 comes out I may give them another shot. Maybe.

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2023 at 9:45 PM Post #1,743 of 1,906
Still waiting for the amp got to love shipping delays to Canada... It was shipped out last Wednesday, and not in the country yet. Should be next week though even with the delay.

Feb 24, 2023 at 7:48 AM Post #1,744 of 1,906
As soon as I said that, it hit Canada. Also, I will be trying a better amp a bit later after that

Feb 28, 2023 at 3:29 AM Post #1,745 of 1,906
I love my Nutopia, Susvara, 1266 TC, Fourte Blanc, RAAL but man this CRBN I put it on today is the best headphone I get ghoosebumbs when the new album of "In the Woods" starts playing. This tonality, this seperation, this bass wow, just wow! But really you need the KGSSHv Carbon to let them shine!
We will see if Corina can beat the CRBN!? Waiting for a review unit...

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2023 at 3:40 AM Post #1,746 of 1,906
I love my Nutopia, Susvara, 1266 TC, Fourte Blanc, RAAL but man this CRBN I put it on today is the best headphone I get ghoosebumbs when the new album of "In the Woods" starts playing. This tonality, this seperation, this bass wow, just wow! But really you need the KGSSHv Carbon to let them shine!
I remember the times you nearly sold the CRBN.
Good thing you kept them as they seem to be your favs nowadays

Feb 28, 2023 at 4:07 PM Post #1,749 of 1,906
It’s also my favorite headphone (a close 2nd to my CA1a). Similar to CA1a with Mitch’s filter, the CRBN needs either Bob Katz‘ EQ or Roon Audeze filter to truly shine. Hopefully one day somebody can send the CRBN to Mitch so that he can create a filter set, it might yield a better result than either Bob’s EQ or Audeze preset. Nonetheless, I’m a very happy camper!

From the very few impressions of Corina at CanJam, it seems to have some similarities with CRBN (fuller sound, less e-stat like, etc.)

Mar 1, 2023 at 2:07 PM Post #1,750 of 1,906
16776975825932627215926907532813.jpg

Mar 1, 2023 at 2:08 PM Post #1,751 of 1,906
Portable Amp has arrived. I will try the CRBN for the first time in a few hours (time to open the box). Proper Stax desktop amp coming next week probably so I can compare then.

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2023 at 4:14 PM Post #1,752 of 1,906
1677705239974152782217014885033.jpg

Mar 1, 2023 at 7:19 PM Post #1,753 of 1,906
16777163510373136567541926716772.jpg

You may not like it, but this is peak performance 😉

Mar 1, 2023 at 7:25 PM Post #1,754 of 1,906
Got my first dose of static in the ears weirdly only after stopping music for a few minutes but leaving the amp on. Sounds like crazy crinkling paper. Doesn't happen when moving head or playing music so far though so that's good and turning amp off and on instantly stopped it that time that it did happen

Mar 1, 2023 at 7:30 PM Post #1,755 of 1,906
So far this tiny portable amp is doing dynamics fine for my volume I'm testing bass and treble extension now. First impressions on female vocals btw is Shure KSE1200 EQ'd is still clearly better vs CRBN EQ'd both Auto EQ and stock. The Shure pulls more fine grain detail out of vocals over any headphone or iem I have heard though, but stock tuning sucks so I need EQ. CBRN stock sounds good to me but I still prefer auto eq as well.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back