ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF
Oct 3, 2019 at 5:03 PM Post #7,397 of 9,714
Sold my Eikon Camphor for bad price and I miss them. I want them back!.... Well I ordered the VC in its place.

Oct 3, 2019 at 5:06 PM Post #7,398 of 9,714
Some people set the price so low that getting something more then half isn’t possible. Can’t understand why ZMF custom made would go so cheap used.

Oct 3, 2019 at 5:10 PM Post #7,399 of 9,714
Some people set the price so low that getting something more then half isn’t possible. Can’t understand why ZMF custom made would go so cheap used.
the good thing is with patience, the market usually does self correct. yes current buyers will wait a bit hoping for another low price, but if the sellers maintain a higher (but still fair) asking price, sales will start again. i'm selling off a ton right now to fund the Verite closed and yeah, the market is bad right now, prices are down and no one seems to be buying. and i have some stuff that's not in demand, so i know i'll be sitting on those listings for some time, unfortunately.

Oct 3, 2019 at 5:18 PM Post #7,400 of 9,714
With my ifi pro Ican I’m waiting it out. People are trying me for half of its value.

Oct 3, 2019 at 5:53 PM Post #7,401 of 9,714
the good thing is with patience, the market usually does self correct. yes current buyers will wait a bit hoping for another low price, but if the sellers maintain a higher (but still fair) asking price, sales will start again. i'm selling off a ton right now to fund the Verite closed and yeah, the market is bad right now, prices are down and no one seems to be buying. and i have some stuff that's not in demand, so i know i'll be sitting on those listings for some time, unfortunately.

It's a great time to be a buyer looking for deals, but really sucks on the selling side.

Then again, due to the low market I was able to keep my Auteurs (had a floor I wouldn't go below)...I would have regretted selling them! Actually forced me to pick up an Atticus so it wouldn't be lonely!

Oct 3, 2019 at 6:17 PM Post #7,402 of 9,714
It's a great time to be a buyer looking for deals, but really sucks on the selling side.

Then again, due to the low market I was able to keep my Auteurs (had a floor I wouldn't go below)...I would have regretted selling them! Actually forced me to pick up an Atticus so it wouldn't be lonely!
That's my combo now, Atticus and Auteur. it's a nice complimentary pair. you get the thunderous but very warm Atticus for fun, and the clean and precise Auteur for more critical listening.

Oct 4, 2019 at 10:54 AM Post #7,404 of 9,714
If I'm being honest, I'm thinking of a Verite (open or closed) but I'd be quite happy sticking with my Eikon and Aeolus for as long as it takes.

I believe you mean, if you are being practical :beyersmile:.

Honestly, I do not want to hear the Verite...because then I am going to be forced to find a way to pick one up!

Oct 4, 2019 at 12:12 PM Post #7,405 of 9,714
If I'm being honest, I'm thinking of a Verite (open or closed) but I'd be quite happy sticking with my Eikon and Aeolus for as long as it takes.

I like the fuzziness & imprecision of "for as long as it takes." In addiction support circles, this is known as "leaving the door wide open for falling off the wagon"

(I say this not in judgement, but commiseration)

Oct 4, 2019 at 1:48 PM Post #7,407 of 9,714
not me. I can quit anytime. Hell, I quit three times just last month.

Oct 4, 2019 at 4:10 PM Post #7,408 of 9,714
I believe you mean, if you are being practical :beyersmile:.

Honestly, I do not want to hear the Verite...because then I am going to be forced to find a way to pick one up!
I totally get the humor, and to an extent you're 100% right.

At the same time, having a review set of the VO & VC on hand, I can say I'd 100% prefer a Verite, but that doesn't diminish the enjoyment I get from my Eikon (or Aeolus). They're awesome as well. I'm sure I'd be happy,

Would I be happier with a Verite though.....????
:L3000:

Oct 8, 2019 at 11:54 AM Post #7,410 of 9,714
So between the Eikon and the Atticus, which one leaks the least? Are they both fully sealed closed? My wife will kill me if I get anything that leaks more than my AFC’s did.
I use the Atticus as my home office desktop headphone (Schiit Jotunheim amp w/multi-bit dac) and my wife sitting across from me has never complained about sound leakage (and she is very sensitive to it).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back