ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF
Jan 8, 2017 at 4:07 PM Post #1,681 of 9,748
It's been in that state for a week +. I would still expect Feb 1 for ship date.

No. Assembly is new and me being finishing is new. I check every day and it has been sanding cups for me and awaiting assembly for those above me. I checked on Friday and it had not changed. Today I check and it is changed. Tuning, burn-in and final tuning will take a week I guess. That means shipping will likely be no earlier than January 15th is my guess.

Jan 8, 2017 at 4:14 PM Post #1,682 of 9,748
It's been in that state for a week +. I would still expect Feb 1 for ship date.

That is bizarre. I checked the spreadsheet before I posted. I guess it didn't update first time around. I see the changes now though. My bad

Jan 9, 2017 at 4:39 PM Post #1,683 of 9,748
On the off chance that anyone is wanting to switch from an Atticus to an Ori, hit me up.  I love my Bocote Ori but really want to try out the Atticus.  Can't afford to keep both.  I'd love to take your spot on the preorder.

Here is a photo Zach took of it before sending it to me.  Honestly, this is the nicest looking headphone and grain I've ever seen and am really on the fence as to whether I should trade or not.

@Hansotek is making me want to try the CSP3 / Atticus combo so badly though....

Jan 9, 2017 at 4:46 PM Post #1,684 of 9,748
Jan 9, 2017 at 5:07 PM Post #1,687 of 9,748
In all seriousness though, thanks guys. I'm flattered that anybody would care what I think. I always try to do my very best for you guys with the reviews and hope that you're hearing what I'm hearing when all is said and done. I hope you all love the Atticus as much as I do, because I just can't get enough of it!!

Jan 9, 2017 at 8:51 PM Post #1,688 of 9,748
  On the off chance that anyone is wanting to switch from an Atticus to an Ori, hit me up.  I love my Bocote Ori but really want to try out the Atticus.  Can't afford to keep both.  I'd love to take your spot on the preorder.

Here is a photo Zach took of it before sending it to me.  Honestly, this is the nicest looking headphone and grain I've ever seen and am really on the fence as to whether I should trade or not.

Those headphones are insanely beautiful. There is nothing else this pretty out there--not even close.

I just ordered the Omni/Ori in ormosia henryi (my favorite of Zach's woods--though your picture is giving me heart palpitations!) because I've been wanting them for many months. And later this year, I'll face the same dilemma you have right now...various reviews of the Atticus (including Hansotek's) are making it intensely interesting to me.

But if I stepped up and got an Atticus, I'd just have to live w/the fact I own 2 flagship headphones costing ~as much as I used to pay for a decent used car. "This is the path I've chosen."

And at that point, my wife may well have me committed in the PAO (Pathologic Audio Obsession) sanitarium. Oh, well. Fish gotta fly and birds gotta swim...

Jan 9, 2017 at 9:08 PM Post #1,689 of 9,748

I was thinking you should sell me these regardless. Keep the cycle going... 
wink.gif

Jan 9, 2017 at 9:23 PM Post #1,690 of 9,748
Those headphones are insanely beautiful. There is nothing else this pretty out there--not even close.

I just ordered the Omni/Ori in ormosia henryi (my favorite of Zach's woods--though your picture is giving me heart palpitations!) because I've been wanting them for many months. And later this year, I'll face the same dilemma you have right now...various reviews of the Atticus (including Hansotek's) are making it intensely interesting to me.

But if I stepped up and got an Atticus, I'd just have to live w/the fact I own 2 flagship headphones costing ~as much as I used to pay for a decent used car. "This is the path I've chosen."

And at that point, my wife may well have me committed in the PAO (Pathologic Audio Obsession) sanitarium. Oh, well. Fish gotta fly and birds gotta swim...

When that day comes, you should just have me send you a picture of my headphone collection. Then you can tell your wife, "No baby, THIS is what crazy looks like!" :wink:

Jan 10, 2017 at 11:24 PM Post #1,692 of 9,748
Hey @zach915m
 I noticed the website now says shipping in March. Does this apply to preorders?

No. He stated some time ago that headphones ordered after the first batch may ship in March. It may apply to the very last preordered, but Zach can confirm.

Jan 10, 2017 at 11:55 PM Post #1,693 of 9,748
  Hey @zach915m I noticed the website now says shipping in March. Does this apply to preorders?

No. He stated some time ago that headphones ordered after the first batch may ship in March. It may apply to the very last preordered, but Zach can confirm.

It just means that if you ordered today - they would ship sometime in March, I won't have an exact date until we figure out our exact production velocity.   Pre-orders start shipping in a couple weeks!  More info soon.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Jan 14, 2017 at 2:31 PM Post #1,695 of 9,748
So I'm getting the impression that the Eikon (and ZMF in general) is absolutely *not* in the analytical/ear-bleeding/fatiguing sound signature camp, and maybe good for Senn. HD650 fans. True? Thanks.
(And maybe it's also good for Stax SR007 fans too...)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back