ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF
Jan 4, 2017 at 5:39 PM Post #1,666 of 9,763
  For me, a pair of Atticus headphones is ~6-8 months away (I'm holding out for alternate woods). In the meantime, just ordered a pair of ormosia henryi Omni/Ori's. Have been jonesing for this headphone for months...had to pull that trigger.

I suspect I'll soon have a pair of headphones significantly better (not to mention, prettier) than anything I've ever heard. Then later, the Atticus will be an upgrade to that.

It may be crazy, but this audio/upgrade stuff keeps me going...

Congrats....The Omni/Ori is a great headphone

Jan 4, 2017 at 6:37 PM Post #1,667 of 9,763
For me, a pair of Atticus headphones is ~6-8 months away (I'm holding out for alternate woods). In the meantime, just ordered a pair of ormosia henryi Omni/Ori's. Have been jonesing for this headphone for months...had to pull that trigger.

I suspect I'll soon have a pair of headphones significantly better (not to mention, prettier) than anything I've ever heard. Then later, the Atticus will be an upgrade to that.

It may be crazy, but this audio/upgrade stuff keeps me going...

I got the Ori too in the November special Coffee Zebrawood. I could not pass up the price and wanted headphones to use now. The Atticus and Eikon will give more flavors of sound.

Jan 4, 2017 at 6:42 PM Post #1,668 of 9,763
So I got an HD6xx from a fellow Head-Fier, and while the bass is better than my HD600 it's not as clean / clear in the mid-range or treble.  I'm excited to hear the Atticus and Eikon vs. the HD600 and HD6xx.  Really looking forward to the upgrade, as the HD6xx is nicer than the HD600 tonally but is distracting when I'm listening to music.  There's going to be some fun music listening in 2017!

That being said, if anyone is interested in a like-new HD6xx, shoot me a PM.  
smile_phones.gif

Jan 4, 2017 at 8:00 PM Post #1,669 of 9,763
I got the Ori too in the November special Coffee Zebrawood. I could not pass up the price and wanted headphones to use now. The Atticus and Eikon will give more flavors of sound.

I was sorely tempted by that Zebrawood (that's a striking wood)...but liked ormosia henryi a little more.

I'm so pumped to have an Omni/Ori on order. All through 2016, it seemed inevitable that I'd get one. Then in recent months, the Ori began looking like a high-level upgrade path to the Atticus (top-shelf planar to top-shelf dynamic).

I've been having a lot of fun playing with inexpensive & surprisingly good Chinese headphones (all closed backs). One in particular is easily the most balanced, impactful 'phone I've ever heard. Regardless, I have little doubt the Ori will put all my other headphones in the back row; I'm totally ready for a big step-up in quality.

And it seems that when I finally get an Atticus, that will be another step up.

(it helps that these headphones are just gorgeous, and Zach is a pleasure to deal with)

Jan 4, 2017 at 10:07 PM Post #1,670 of 9,763
It does make a huge difference when the person making the product is also selling the product. And when they are a part of the community. And when they have good customer service. So...when they are like Zach. Thanks Zach! :grinning:

Jan 7, 2017 at 12:39 PM Post #1,671 of 9,763
H Pretty happy with my purchase. Wasn't expecting it to transform my wife's p7's but definitely loving the change compared to Asgard.

Jan 7, 2017 at 1:00 PM Post #1,672 of 9,763
For anyone that has heard the Atticus, Eikon, or the rest of the ZMF range, do you think any of them are neutral enough for mixing / studio work? Sennheiser HD600 are what I would consider a neutral reference.

Jan 7, 2017 at 1:06 PM Post #1,673 of 9,763
Eikon will be the most neutral zmf zach has ever made and according someone I know well who heard most of the zmfs, the eikon has a few similarities to the hd 600. 

The others however will much warmer than the hd 600.

Jan 7, 2017 at 1:10 PM Post #1,674 of 9,763
  Eikon will be the most neutral zmf zach has ever made and according someone I know well who heard most of the zmfs, the eikon has a few similarities to the hd 600. 

The others however will much warmer than the hd 600.

Thanks for the info man.

Had a feeling that the pair I want would be the most expensive ones with the long waiting list
tongue.gif

Jan 8, 2017 at 12:51 PM Post #1,676 of 9,763
Has anyone listen to these headphones with an iFi Audio's Pro iCAN?

I haven't, but there's really no reason why they wouldn't be awesome together. The Pro iCan is a fantastic amp.

Jan 8, 2017 at 1:05 PM Post #1,677 of 9,763
itching for my eikons so bad lol. I thought getting my amp would delay the anxiety but it made it worse because I like it but can't listen to my wife's hp's.

Jan 8, 2017 at 1:29 PM Post #1,679 of 9,763
Oooooh just looked and the sheets has some alterations! Maybe ship this week?!

I see I have been upgraded to finishing and those higher up are upgraded to assembly. Tuning and burn-in are yet to occur for those being assembled.

Jan 8, 2017 at 3:50 PM Post #1,680 of 9,763
I see I have been upgraded to finishing and those higher up are upgraded to assembly. Tuning and burn-in are yet to occur for those being assembled.

Oooooh just looked and the sheets has some alterations! Maybe ship this week?!

It's been in that state for a week +. I would still expect Feb 1 for ship date.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back