ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF
Jan 4, 2017 at 7:11 AM Post #1,651 of 9,763
I've been considering this or the Philadelphia meet the week before. I'd love to go to canjam but my only interest is really getting a good listen to headphones and it'd be great to be able to swap out headphones to different gear. Canjam will probably be very noisy and not ideal for this kind of mindset. The philly meet would be more ideal but while the selection is not exactly small, there's s lot missing I'd like to hear. Better make my mind up soon though so I can book a hotel.

Jan 4, 2017 at 11:53 AM Post #1,652 of 9,763
I've been considering this or the Philadelphia meet the week before. I'd love to go to canjam but my only interest is really getting a good listen to headphones and it'd be great to be able to swap out headphones to different gear. Canjam will probably be very noisy and not ideal for this kind of mindset. The philly meet would be more ideal but while the selection is not exactly small, there's s lot missing I'd like to hear. Better make my mind up soon though so I can book a hotel.

I hate to say it, but even small meets can get very loud very fast.  There are advantages to both styles (Canjams and meets) but I think there's one obvioud reason you should probably do Canjam instead of this meet:  there will be meets all year but Canjam NY is only once per year.  Canjams are super fun events that are different from meets and totally worth attending if possible.  You meet lots of cool people and have an opportunity to chat with the people who make the gear, which I find very rewarding.

Oh and if the headphones you want to hear are common enough, there's a good chance you'll meet someone at Canjam who owns them and you could maybe get a demo in a hotel room where it's nice and quiet.

Anyways, whatever you choose will be awesome I'm sure.  I love meets and Canjams so you can't really go wrong either way.  :-D  

Is Zach going to CJNY?

Jan 4, 2017 at 1:50 PM Post #1,655 of 9,763

Another good reason to go then!

Indeed, it will be good to finally meet up 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 4, 2017 at 2:27 PM Post #1,657 of 9,763
Jan 4, 2017 at 2:46 PM Post #1,658 of 9,763
itll be a little cold for that but if that was the only option I might have a nice pair of eikons to keep my ears warm.

Jan 4, 2017 at 3:33 PM Post #1,659 of 9,763
For me, a pair of Atticus headphones is ~6-8 months away (I'm holding out for alternate woods). In the meantime, just ordered a pair of ormosia henryi Omni/Ori's. Have been jonesing for this headphone for months...had to pull that trigger.

I suspect I'll soon have a pair of headphones significantly better (not to mention, prettier) than anything I've ever heard. Then later, the Atticus will be an upgrade to that.

It may be crazy, but this audio/upgrade stuff keeps me going...

Jan 4, 2017 at 3:46 PM Post #1,660 of 9,763
  For me, a pair of Atticus headphones is ~6-8 months away (I'm holding out for alternate woods). In the meantime, just ordered a pair of ormosia henryi Omni/Ori's. Have been jonesing for this headphone for months...had to pull that trigger.

I suspect I'll soon have a pair of headphones significantly better (not to mention, prettier) than anything I've ever heard. Then later, the Atticus will be an upgrade to that.

OMG, you finally ordered it?  Congrats!  It's about time!  

Just curious, why not wait for the special edition Ormosia Henryi Atticus that Zach is putting out next month?   They look fantastic.   Pictures.

Jan 4, 2017 at 3:54 PM Post #1,661 of 9,763

Just curious, why not wait for the special edition Ormosia Henryi Atticus that Zach is putting out next month?   They look fantastic.   Pictures.

ha ha....no
angry_face.gif
mad.gif

Jan 4, 2017 at 5:16 PM Post #1,663 of 9,763

I took the home-made hangman's noose off my neck & climbed down from that tall stool--FOR THIS?

Jan 4, 2017 at 5:18 PM Post #1,664 of 9,763

I took the home-made hangman's noose off my neck & climbed down from that tall stool--FOR THIS?

Well, hopefully you're too angry at me to get back on that stool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back