ATTENTION: Please report all bugs/malfunctions in this thread.
Apr 10, 2008 at 6:21 PM Post #211 of 251
NEXT PROBLEM. I haven't said anything about this one, but it's been there for a long time.

I will wake up in the morning and get emails about 20-40 updated threads since I went to bed. I might have gone to bed at 1am, and up at 9am, and it might take me till 2-3pm to read all the posts that were left after 1am when I went to bed.

At some point, after a few hours and before I am caught up, when I go to read the new posts I start getting taken to more recent posts in the thread (instead of the oldest unread posts), and I have to scroll up several posts to get to the start of where I left off last time.

So, at first when I click to read new posts, if the last time I visited the thread was 1am then I will be taken to the post right after that - but eventually, after reading several threads, I will click to view new posts and will be taken to a post that was made later, and I have to scroll up to read the earlier posts that I never saw.

It's like the forum assumes that after I have been logged in for "x" amount of time, it will just reset when my last read time was, and make it look like I am caught up when I am not.

Apr 10, 2008 at 7:35 PM Post #212 of 251
Are people still not able to add avatars?

It is still giving me "Upload of file failed".

Apr 10, 2008 at 9:36 PM Post #213 of 251
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Towert7, I sometimes get that problem too, but not in all threads. Most of the time, if I have exited the browser, the thread I am viewing with display the unread posts correctly again.

Yea, I never close my browser.

Apr 11, 2008 at 2:32 PM Post #214 of 251
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fixcinater /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are people still not able to add avatars?

It is still giving me "Upload of file failed".

me too
mad.gif

Jul 1, 2008 at 1:27 AM Post #217 of 251
Is the search function for regular members (I know there are other advanced memberships) changed back to the same as those not registered? I can not find the pull-down arrow to the right side of "Search" at the top right corner even after I have logged in.

Jul 1, 2008 at 5:28 PM Post #218 of 251
I am using the computer in my office now and I no longer have the issue with Search function as reposted last night. Since the office computer has the XP SP2 while my home computer is still XP SP1, I suspect that is the reason why the screen (or function) appears differently.

Jul 2, 2008 at 12:30 AM Post #219 of 251
eek.gif
Avatars seem to be working again!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 12, 2008 at 5:41 PM Post #221 of 251
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiger27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have been unable to add a profile picture since I joined. I get an message saying: "unable to upload file."

Hello?? Can someone help me with this?

Aug 26, 2008 at 12:52 AM Post #223 of 251
A lot of javascript functions on head-fi are not working for me in firefox 3.0.1 on windows.

multiquote doesn't work. the "thread tools" "search this thread" and "display modes" drop-downs at the top of each thread page are unavailable. The drop-down menu on usernames in posts is gone too.

I'm not sure how long this has been the case.

I'm running noscript, but head-fi is allowed, and in the next tab to the right audiokarma running vbulletin 3.7.1 has all these features working.

These features also work properly in IE7 and Opera 9.

Oct 10, 2008 at 2:15 PM Post #224 of 251
I was going through my email and noticed that im getting vB "reported post" emails from hedd-fi mixed in with my other forum mod stuff, but i am not a moderator or administrator in this board?

Oct 18, 2008 at 12:03 PM Post #225 of 251
I don't know if Jude et al are still working on this but... users with < 50 posts are still able to post to the for sale forums.

For example, puft54cs had <= 16 posts when posting this:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f10/fs...-225-a-372149/

I think the rule for needing to have at least 50 posts and 30 days membership is a good rule and I would like to see it continued.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back