ATTENTION: Please report all bugs/malfunctions in this thread.
Nov 27, 2007 at 12:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 251
The following is data that was lost in the outage, and will likely not be recovered:
  1. A good chunk of private message data was lost. It is not likely that this will be recovered.
  2. The audio equipment fields in member profiles was lost, and could not be recovered. Please update your audio equipment fields in your profiles.
  3. Thread subscription data was lost, and could not be recovered.
  4. It appears signatures were affected, lost, or reverted back to older signatures (see also "All URLs changed" below).
  5. Blog data was lost, but most of the publicly viewable blog content was recovered via Google and Microsoft Live cached pages, and will be e-mailed to the respective posters (as of 2007-11-26 1930 EST, I haven't had a chance to do this yet).
  6. Post attachment data was lost. I do not feel confident that we will be able to recover that data. This will have the most impact on the DIY Forum, where attachments were used more frequently than in other forums.
Data that is currently still missing that we might be able to recover (but we're in no position to promise recovery of):
  1. The photo.head-fi.org data is still in the process of trying to be recovered. If we can not recover it, we will likely discontinue photo hosting, as there are now a number of large, stable dedicated free photo hosting services; and this would be the second time we lost photo data (the first time happened during a software upgrade, during which photos became disassociated with user profiles).
Other issues:
  1. All URLs changed. In the re-build, all of the post, thread, and forum URLs changed. So any URLs you had bookmarked, or manually entered into posts, signatures, or profile fields (prior to the outage) will no longer point to the correct content. This is information that has to be fixed over time, as we come across posts that have hand-entered links that point to the wrong places. The other effect this will have is on web search engines, which will likely point to the wrong pages for a while, until they've refreshed their indexes of Head-Fi.org.
  2. The forum navigation links on the homepage are not working (due to the aforementioned URL changes). We are aware of this problem, and will fix it.
  3. Some of the Sponsor images are broken on the homepage. We are aware of this problem, and will fix it.
Please list any other problems/bugs/glitches that you have experienced that aren't listed above by responding within this sticky thread.

Thank you for your help. We're sorry for these inconveniences caused by the outage, partial data loss, and subsequent re-build.

Nov 27, 2007 at 12:46 AM Post #2 of 251
Looks like a lot of the sites functionality is back the way it was. Thanks again for getting the place back up and running.

As for bugs, the two I've noticed that haven't been fixed yet are small things really. First, you aren't able to rename threads that you've created like you used to. This might be an issue in the FS forum. The other one has to do with avatars. For some reason they are being resized, making some of them look really bad.

Like I said, small things. Oh, and thanks for bringing the green orb back.
biggrin.gif

Edit: Sorry, one more thing. I'm not receiving email notification when I get PMs. I've checked and my address in my CP is current.

Nov 27, 2007 at 12:49 AM Post #3 of 251
I replied in a different thread before I saw this one, but since this is the right place I'll put it here too.

I am not getting E-mail notifications for thread posts or PM notifications.
All of these features are enabled in my control panel.
TR

Nov 27, 2007 at 1:01 AM Post #4 of 251
Having made a PayPal contribution membership payment, the persons name is not being "HIGHLIGHTED" as was the policy prior to the outage.

Thank you for your continued efforts at restoration, Jude. I notice more improvements daily.

smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 27, 2007 at 1:05 AM Post #5 of 251
Appreciate all the hard work to get the site back up. For those that don't contribute this might make them. I went nuts for the two weeks the site was down!!! Here are two issues:

1. Next to where it says contributor there is an x. There used to be a headphone there.
2. When I go to head-fi.org and click on the For Sale/Trade link I get the following vBulletin Message "Invalid Forum specified....."

Thanks again!

Jeff

Nov 27, 2007 at 1:23 AM Post #6 of 251
This one's small potatoes, but nevertheless a glitch:

Many of the custom smileys on the post page are broken.

Mahalo,
Chris

Nov 27, 2007 at 2:27 AM Post #8 of 251
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No contribution link - would love to send some money to dearest Jude!

The link is at the top of the page, or here to make it a bit easier.

Another small glitch. Not sure if this is a problem on my end or not, but the site doesn't seem to remember my login nor automatically log me in when I get to the site.

Nov 27, 2007 at 3:51 AM Post #10 of 251
Probably just settings but, there are less threads displayed on each of the forums and in the individual threads, there are only 10 posts per page instead of the old 20, 25 or so.

Nov 27, 2007 at 4:03 AM Post #11 of 251
Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd R /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am not getting E-mail notifications for thread posts or PM notifications.
All of these features are enabled in my control panel.

x2

Nov 27, 2007 at 4:14 AM Post #12 of 251
Nov 27, 2007 at 4:20 AM Post #13 of 251
It is no big deal but head-fi says:

"You have 205 messages stored, of a total 500 allowed."

when I have no personal messages (I know that no one has any personal messages). I just wanted to point out the glitch. Thanks for all the hard work.

Nov 27, 2007 at 4:24 AM Post #14 of 251
What is the reason for the new thread indexing method (e.g. use of plaintext in the url)? Just curious about it
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 27, 2007 at 4:27 AM Post #15 of 251
E-Mail notification appears to be broken. It is still selected in my settings, but I have not received e-mails for the 2 PMs I've got since the crash - even after changing my e-mail address, so that's not the issue. Quote:

Originally Posted by Filburt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What is the reason for the new thread indexing method (e.g. use of plaintext in the url)? Just curious about it
smily_headphones1.gif

Better Search indexing. Dynamic pages and search engines don't play nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back