Atlanta Fall Meet
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 13, 2016 at 10:08 PM Post #16 of 82
Although this site has been my go-to for information on headphones, I just joined the forum a few moments ago after I saw this.

I have not been to a meet, and I've never had a chance to hear what a good setup sounds like with an amp or DAC.

I don't have anything to contribute to the meet, but I would love to check this out. I'm definitely a newbie as I have only owned the ATH-M50x, but I figure this would be a great way to broaden my knowledge.

Yeah, feel free to come, we definitely want to engage people newer to the hobby. Feel free to bring your M50X as well to see how they compare on different systems to different headphones.

Aug 15, 2016 at 7:19 PM Post #17 of 82
  I brought my HifiMan HE400S to Canlanta and I swear that I liked them every bit as much, in many cases better, than the other phones that were in the room - and some of these headphones cost 10x the price.  I let anyone who wanted to hear them try them out, and for my efforts the OEM cable was worn out - it was still worth doing.  People should hear that a fantastic sounding and efficient headphone need not cost a fortune.

If I can get out to your gathering in a month I'll bring the 400S and the Matrix headphone amp and a fully stocked laptop.  Maybe a turntable and a phono preamp just for laughs.

Been waiting to try those. Want to have both open and closed dynamics and planars and open planars are the only phones I don't have in my collection. 

Aug 16, 2016 at 10:49 AM Post #19 of 82
Do I need to make reservation if I want to come?

No, but just post here so that I have a vague idea of how many people to expect.

Aug 27, 2016 at 11:31 AM Post #26 of 82
Yes, please bring a power strip and extension cable if you are bringing anything that needs power.

Should be a decent small/medium meet. Several people I've spoken to in person or in other boards are coming. I'll send out some reminders to people this week as well. Likely won't be a huge meet, but many of the people coming will be bringing some pretty substantial gear. People from AUdio Visual Club of Atlanta will also be there.

Aug 27, 2016 at 5:55 PM Post #27 of 82
I will try to make it.  :)

Aug 28, 2016 at 7:47 PM Post #28 of 82
I worked overtime this weekend so that I can make this meet. Will definitely be bringing Ether Flow-open, and hopefully the new Schiit. 

Aug 28, 2016 at 8:17 PM Post #29 of 82
  I worked overtime this weekend so that I can make this meet. Will definitely be bringing Ether Flow-open, and hopefully the new Schiit. 

Matt...I will chip in some $$ to help cover the cost of expedite shipping on your new Schitt!  We need it there Matt...pretty please!

Aug 28, 2016 at 8:41 PM Post #30 of 82
  Matt...I will chip in some $$ to help cover the cost of expedite shipping on your new Schitt!  We need it there Matt...pretty please!

Well why didn't you say so. 
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back