Atlanta Fall Meet
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 5, 2016 at 2:25 PM Post #62 of 82
No meet impression?  We need to step up our game!

It was a very nice minimeet.  Had a great time hanging out with good friends and meeting new ones.  I'm glad that couple of people really did love the ECP audio DSHA-2 amplifier.

Sep 5, 2016 at 2:43 PM Post #63 of 82
I tried a lot of stuff and enjoyed all of them. The Grados sound great with Rock, very energitic, love the Grado house sound. Ether flow is some what close to electrostatic, great decay, Mr. Speakers are really stepping up. Special thanks to Purk for bringing in the KGSSHV Carbon. Originally I thought 007 mk1 is just a upgraded version of LCD pre fazor since it has a really dark sound coming from the STAX SRM-717. However the 007 mk1 with KGSSHV Carbon sounds very neutral and analytical to me. Definitely can compete with the speakers systems that I heard from HiFi Buys the other day. HiFiman HE-1000 sound similar to HE-6 but with a laid back mid and a bit warmth, soundstage is still smaller than HD800. After all I have to believe HD800 has the highest price/performance ratio.

Thank you all.

Sep 5, 2016 at 3:18 PM Post #64 of 82
I tried a lot of stuff and enjoyed all of them. The Grados sound great with Rock, very energitic, love the Grado house sound. Ether flow is some what close to electrostatic, great decay, Mr. Speakers are really stepping up. Special thanks to Purk for bringing in the KGSSHV Carbon. Originally I thought 007 mk1 is just a upgraded version of LCD pre fazor since it has a really dark sound coming from the STAX SRM-717. However the 007 mk1 with KGSSHV Carbon sounds very neutral and analytical to me. Definitely can compete with the speakers systems that I heard from HiFi Buys the other day. HiFiman HE-1000 sound similar to HE-6 but with a laid back mid and a bit warmth, soundstage is still smaller than HD800. After all I have to believe HD800 has the highest price/performance ratio.

Thank you all.

Part of the analytical nature was due to the Oppo HA-1 as a source.  I normally don't pair up the Oppo HA-1 with my electrostatic gears.  Glad you enjoyed it...I actually decided to bring the KGSSHV Carbon since you asked about it.  Next time please bring your gears (especially your SR-007 
wink_face.gif
).  You have some nice stuffs and should really bring it the next meet especially the SRM-717 & SR007 combo.  I brought that exact combo to the Canlanta Meet 2013.  You may want to pick up the SR009 because it is a better pairing to your 717.  I vote for upgrading your 717 to KGSSHV to make the SRM-007 even better!

Sep 5, 2016 at 3:20 PM Post #65 of 82
Frank, the Audio Hijack+CanOpener Studio+Sonarworks software setup on your Mac sounds really impressive. This works with Spotify and other streaming services?

Yes, you just have to have whatever you are using to play Spotify in the audiohijack chain.

Sep 5, 2016 at 8:17 PM Post #66 of 82
Chuck's LCD2s have me hooked. I ordered some HE560s last week but I don't know, if they don't live up to my expectations I'm going for some LCD2s even if I have to save up a bit. They have the sound that I've always been looking for but were slightly hard to judge because of the background noise (hard to hear subtle ques and soundstage). Nice dark mellow sound with bass that made my hair stand up on my arms. As I thought the HD800s were excellent but too bright for my tastes. 

Sep 5, 2016 at 8:18 PM Post #67 of 82
I was somewhat surprised at just how good the sr007 sounded with the Carbon KGSSHV. I had a very similar setup with the same headphone, but the Carbon really took that headphone to the next level. Thanks for lugging it to the meet Purk!! 

Sep 6, 2016 at 4:29 PM Post #69 of 82
It got to check out a ton of nice setups but was really impressed by Purk's ecp amps! Great match for hd800/S. The Jotenhiem was way nice too, especially for the price! And the new fazored Lcd 2 is a big improvement over older versions I heard that were too dark. All in all a cool little meet, with cool setups and amazing people. Can't wait for the next one.

Sep 6, 2016 at 5:11 PM Post #70 of 82
My MassDrop AKG K7XX came in today.  Bummer!  It was supposed to be delivered Saturday morning so I could have it for the meet.  It did arrive at my Post Office on Friday night, it was on the truck for delivery on Sat morning, but somehow, Saturday afternoon it got shipped to Memphis - then Sunday afternoon, shipped back to Atlanta - finally got my hands on it an hour ago - it is already broken in of course - 8754 miles!!

Sep 6, 2016 at 5:54 PM Post #71 of 82
  I was somewhat surprised at just how good the sr007 sounded with the Carbon KGSSHV. I had a very similar setup with the same headphone, but the Carbon really took that headphone to the next level. Thanks for lugging it to the meet Purk!! 

Glad you enjoy the combo Matt.  Believe it or not that the Carbon may go a little further because I'm sending it in  to get a low voltage power supply upgrade in a week.
It got to check out a ton of nice setups but was really impressed by Purk's ecp amps! Great match for hd800/S. The Jotenhiem was way nice too, especially for the price! And the new fazored Lcd 2 is a big improvement over older versions I heard that were too dark. All in all a cool little meet, with cool setups and amazing people. Can't wait for the next one.

Glad you enjoyed the ECP amps.  They are quite special.  Doug continues to outdone himself time after time with  his designs.

Also would like to thank Frank for hosting another fine mini-meet!

Sep 7, 2016 at 6:39 PM Post #73 of 82
Here are couple of pics from the back of the room.  I wish I had taken more pictures of the event

I brought the ECP DSHA-2, DSHA-2 Prototype, Oppo HA-1, KGSSHV Carbon, Stax SR007/009, HD-800, and Hifiman HEK.

Sep 8, 2016 at 10:59 AM Post #74 of 82
It was great meeting Frank, Purk, Matt, Nick, John, Chuck, and others. You guys are awesome! I had a most enjoyable time listening to many of the amazing dream set-ups, and I appreciate the generosity and patience of everyone in answering lots and lots of questions. Coming from the home of the Sweet Vidalia Onions, it was definitely worth every mile of the 6+ hours drive to get to the meet. I look forward to seeing all of you again soon.

Here are pictures I took with my little Leica of some of the fantastic amps, DACs, and headphones--tubes, wires and all--that I got to listen to:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back